Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Member of Acoustic and Violin Clan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
Author
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 11:26am
Ladies and gentlemen!
What are  the clan members using on BH on standard Acoustic (non-carbon, non-penhold)?

Give some feedback plz...
Sponsored Links

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 4:54am
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen!
What are  the clan members using on BH on standard Acoustic (non-carbon, non-penhold)?

You may try Tenergy 80 if you like Tenergy series.
If you like Chinese rubber TG3 #60 sponge or H3-50
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 10:25am
Thanks a lot... But Tenergy is too pricey for playing outdoors. Skyline-60 is a better option, Im gonna try it.

Anyone else???

Edited by GSOM_GSOM11 - 06/09/2016 at 10:27am
Vrael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vrael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2016 at 2:15pm
Hi, I am looking for nittaku violin FL L handle. If anyone has one for sell, pls pm me
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2016 at 5:31am
I have regular Acoustic 87 grams FL. Really struggling with head heaviness with evo mxp and vega europe. It is very difficult for me to play using my wrist. I start thinking of changing my blade but want to give it last chance by changing the rubbers.
Vega Europe is already very light rubber. MXP is heavy one. So if I change it to let say Joola Maxx P will it become more comfortable?

Btw planning to change and thinking of
BTY Innerforce AL/ALC
BTY TB ALC
DHS H Long 3

What would you recomend to solve the issue with Head heaviness. Class off, off-.
Want ot pair new blade with Bluefire M2 and Xiom Vega DF.

igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2016 at 5:38am
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

I have regular Acoustic 87 grams FL. Really struggling with head heaviness with evo mxp and vega europe. It is very difficult for me to play using my wrist. I start thinking of changing my blade but want to give it last chance by changing the rubbers.
Vega Europe is already very light rubber. MXP is heavy one. So if I change it to let say Joola Maxx P will it become more comfortable?

BTY Innerforce AL/ALC
BTY TB ALC
DHS H Long 3

What would you recomend to solve the issue with Head heaviness. Class off, off-.

Add weight to the handle
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2016 at 7:14am
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen!

I m going to try h3neo and tg3 neo on it today. will tell u how it goes
Both boosted with two layers of falco
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2016 at 8:53am

BTY Innerforce AL/ALC
BTY TB ALC

DHS H Long 3

Innerforce layer alc can solve the problem of head heaviness. My blade with tenergies is about 175g.
Feels very light and balanced. My usual setup is about 200g so I m thinking about making my alc my primary blade.
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2016 at 6:46am
What kind of rubbers will suit if alc for close to the table playing style (1-2 zone)

Is it big difference between IF layer alc and IF alc ?

I am trying to give last chance to Acoustic. Can you advise light weight rubber that suits acoustic. For FH Mid - mid hard rubber for looping and for BH hardness medium - medium soft rubber for drives, flics and ocasional top spins.

thank you in advance.
cgswss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgswss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2016 at 1:14pm
I can only give you my experince with the  Violin.  The best forehand rubber I have used on it is T25 FX.  I feel it likes softer sponge rubbers, but I am only about a 1500 player
If you want information on how soft/hard rubbers are, you can check out the Paddle Palace web site.  If you look at rubbers then click on the little icon for "chart view", there is a column that lists sponge hardness.  This is the easiest place to find a value assigned to the hardness
Ratt "ghost" (OS kiri, balsa, kiri) innova UL/ Tibhar Grass D.tecs
Ratt "mouse" (mahogany, 3- kiri, mahogany) T05/ giant dragon talon
Tibhar Furious/ juic 999/ Tibhar Grass D.Tecs
Ross Leidy custom
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2016 at 1:43pm

I am trying to give last chance to Acoustic. Can you advise light weight rubber that suits acoustic. For FH Mid - mid hard rubber for looping and for BH hardness medium - medium soft rubber for drives, flics and ocasional top spins.

thank you in advance.

In short, Tenergy 05 and 64. The former is harder and spinnier and the latter is softer, faster, and spinwise very close.  T64 is lighter of the two  - you could try T64 2.1 on FH and say T64 1.9 on BH. Or a more common combo would be 05 on the FH and 64 on the BH.
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2016 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by cgswss cgswss wrote:

I can only give you my experince with the  Violin.  The best forehand rubber I have used on it is T25 FX.  I feel it likes softer sponge rubbers, but I am only about a 1500 player
If you want information on how soft/hard rubbers are, you can check out the Paddle Palace web site.  If you look at rubbers then click on the little icon for "chart view", there is a column that lists sponge hardness.  This is the easiest place to find a value assigned to the hardness

I see however my initial problem is head heaviness. Tenergies are quite heavy and I am afraid to face the same situation as with my current setup.
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2016 at 1:40am
Well sorry for  replying so late. I finally got a chance to hit with the acoustic with h3 and tg3 on both sides. both rubbers were boosted. The combination was fast enough and had good control. The best thing about the setup was that it had superb spin. I was playing against a decent mid pip guy and he was blocking balls off the table regularly. Your biggest problem was about head heaviness and i got bad news for u.The entire setup weighs about 190g. So my suggestion to u would be too have a chinese rubber on only one side. and something softer like donic coppa on the other. the combination would be fairly light,spinny and most of all won't stretch your wallet too much.
Good Luck,
Dan
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2016 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by big d big d wrote:

Well sorry for  replying so late. I finally got a chance to hit with the acoustic with h3 and tg3 on both sides. both rubbers were boosted. The combination was fast enough and had good control. The best thing about the setup was that it had superb spin. I was playing against a decent mid pip guy and he was blocking balls off the table regularly. Your biggest problem was about head heaviness and i got bad news for u.The entire setup weighs about 190g. So my suggestion to u would be too have a chinese rubber on only one side. and something softer like donic coppa on the other. the combination would be fairly light,spinny and most of all won't stretch your wallet too much.
Good Luck,
Dan

Thanks for your advise. Currently I playing with Evo MXP and Vega Europe and experiencing head heaviness. I assume h3 or tenergy is also heavy like mxp and I will face the same problem.

I tried for 5 minutes m.maze off with 2xt05 and I didn't feel like it heavy however it was approximately around 190 as well.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 5:48pm
I trade my Violin ST old tag for a brand new acoustic FL handle. Looks like new regular FL handles are much better than older version so definitely has been corrected and there's no reason to go for L-size version. I'm also planning to go back to Acoustic since i have got a wrist injury and my RWV feels quite heavy with MXP
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I trade my Violin ST old tag for a brand new acoustic FL handle. Looks like new regular FL handles are much better than older version so definitely has been corrected and there's no reason to go for L-size version. I'm also planning to go back to Acoustic since i have got a wrist injury and my RWV feels quite heavy with MXP

How is the Accoustic new regular FL handle different/better than the older version ?

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2016 at 12:14am
Do you know Niitaku can custom made Acoustic Blade ?
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2016 at 1:38am
Older FL versions were narrower handle or slimmmer at at the middle of the handle. I don't know if inner carbon acoustics have the same handle.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2016 at 6:26am
I got 1 pcs Acoustic 92 gw which is solid and powerful at kokusai takkyu takanobaba branch. I requested 2 pcs 92 gr from ttjapan and I got 2 pcs 93 gr instead. So solid, so powerful, Acoustic current generation is different with the old model. I prefer the new version now. Probably because of the plastic ball, they change the material.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 4:02am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Just curious to know which is more popular, Acoustic or Violin in this Forum. Anyone who own either of them or both of them can join this Clan Wink
I own and play with an Acoustic Carbon. Do I qualify as clan member?
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Knuckle Ball Knuckle Ball wrote:

I own and play with an Acoustic Carbon. Do I qualify as clan member?

Sure you qualify Big smile . I haven't update the list of members and their blades for a long time.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 5:58pm
I can qualify as I have custom made Acoustic Carbon Cp
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 8:41pm
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 8:45pm
On the right is custom made , the blade shape is modified to fit for looping and spin. Blade's Centre of gravity moves upwards to ease of control
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2016 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

On the right is custom made , the blade shape is modified to fit for looping and spin. Blade's Centre of gravity moves upwards to ease of control

Ladon, I just wonder if the quality of the commercial Acoustic vs Custom made Acoustic, is the Custom made Acoustic feels more solid, harder and more powerful than the commercial Acoustic?
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2016 at 11:13am
My answer is NO . Customer made one is only modified in shape and weight you want to be , the strength and hardness can also be modified according to the thickness of the wood when you place an order. The basic can't be changed material . Set you conotion and Nittaku will finalize your blade suit you personally.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2016 at 12:27am

My answer is NO . Customer made one is only modified in shape and weight you want to be , the strength and hardness can also be modified according to the thickness of the wood when you place an order. The basic can't be changed material . Set you conotion and Nittaku will finalize your blade suit you personally.

I see, I've tried Custom Viscaria vs normal Viscaria. My Custom Viscaria is 87 gr vs Normal Viscaria 90 gr.
The lighter Custom blade feels more solid than my normal Viscaria.
Also Hurricane Long V vs W968, W968 has harder feel and more powerful.
So Nittaku normal and custom blade use the same material then.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2016 at 1:10am

Finally I can get a good top ply, similar to first generation Acoustic Big smile

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2016 at 10:38am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

I see, I've tried Custom Viscaria vs normal Viscaria. My Custom Viscaria is 87 gr vs Normal Viscaria 90 gr.
The lighter Custom blade feels more solid than my normal Viscaria.
Also Hurricane Long V vs W968, W968 has harder feel and more powerful.
So Nittaku normal and custom blade use the same material then.

The way of Nittaku provide customer made is more preferential to Buuterfly . At least they are not greedy
masterbuten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterbuten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2016 at 10:02pm
Just got back to TT and after a long hiatus broke out my trusty black tag violin. Attached the Vega Pro (fh) and Vega Elite (bh) which from reviews seem to be good rubbers but seem dead in combination with the Violin especially with the 40+ balls.

What rubbers would pair well with the Violin these days? I might also consider Chinese rubbers.
Stiga OC CR
FH DHS TG2
BH DHS TG3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
  Share Topic