Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video of me (Asaomi)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video of me (Asaomi)
    Posted: 08/17/2008 at 10:03am
Hi, Im 16 years old (born 1992) and have been training table tennis for about 3 years now. Up to a couple of weeks ago, i though my strokes looked fine. that was untill i recorded myself and watched it. Here are some videos of me playing against a robot, more videos of me training with a training buddy will be up later.

Loopdrive against topspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591175j8rcr3xd
Backhand loopdrive against topspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591212ZhjtQKsD
Loop against backspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591039Jf8rEWBH
Footwork backhand middle topspin 16th aug 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v155912398KaKPWFh
Footwork 1st Nov 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v164554396MwCcGcP'
1 set match training 1st nov 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16455848jxtskpE2

The reasons for the unsceaduled breaks are because I try to strike the ball as hard a possible, and therefore I get tired after a short while.

I plan on keeping this as a history of my table tennis development with dates and updates hopefully not too rarely.

Enjoy the videos and watch my skills (hopefully) develop over time. also, please comment and tell me what I am doing wrong.
Cheers all!
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
Sponsored Links

TheTopDane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheTopDane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 10:14am
This forum is hillarious.
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 10:18am
im sorry?
Butterfly Viscaria
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 10:37am
Good video, thanks for letting us watch it. First of all, you are doing good with your loop drive, loop against backspin, how ever, why you only hit the ball to 1 side and that not good, if you play with new opponent then will be ok but with experience player then they will know you only hit to their forhand and easily for them to counter your loop.
Footwork is good but didn't show much because ball shot at 1 side of the table, try to do multi ball practice for your foot work
BH too much mistake because you force too much and it will slow you down then your timing will off, try to relax when hit the ball and don't force then your arm speed will travel faster then ball will go fast and spinnier.

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 10:54am
Good job. You have got the basics.

You are young and is only 16 years old. You can climb the ladder of better game only after you work hard. Get up in the morning, run for few miles. Take warm up and quickness exercise regularly before the practice. I've improved my stamina by taking exercise in addition to the table tennis practice. Look at what you eat also.

When you develop your looping skill, it is okay to kill the ball if you get an opportunity. Your loop against underspin has basic stroke. Put the robot in  "heavy spinny underspin" and try. Also play against long pips players who can chop to you.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

Hi, Im 16 years old and have been training table tennis for about 3 years now. Up to a couple of weeks ago, i though my strokes looked fine. that was untill i recorded myself and watched it. Here are some videos of me playing against a robot, more videos of me training with a training buddy will be up later.

Loopdrive against topspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591175j8rcr3xd
Backhand loopdrive against topspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591212ZhjtQKsD
Loop against backspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591039Jf8rEWBH
Footwork backhand middle topspin 16th aug 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v155912398KaKPWFh

The reasons for the unsceaduled breaks are because I try to strike the ball as hard a possible, and therefore I get tired after a short while.

Please comment and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Cheers all!
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 10:55am
Originally posted by sadius sadius wrote:

Good video, thanks for letting us watch it. First of all, you are doing good with your loop drive, loop against backspin, how ever, why you only hit the ball to 1 side and that not good, if you play with new opponent then will be ok but with experience player then they will know you only hit to their forhand and easily for them to counter your loop.
Footwork is good but didn't show much because ball shot at 1 side of the table, try to do multi ball practice for your foot work
BH too much mistake because you force too much and it will slow you down then your timing will off, try to relax when hit the ball and don't force then your arm speed will travel faster then ball will go fast and spinnier.

Yeah I should proberbly be thinking about where to place that shot more. however, i didnt understand what you meant by the footwork part. i do do multiball training, but atm my buddies are away on their holydays.

thanks for the tips. this will be improoved on the next training session!
Butterfly Viscaria
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 11:00am
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

You are young and is only 16 years old. You can climb the ladder of better game only after you work hard. Get up in the morning, run for few miles. Take warm up and quickness exercise regularly before the practice. I've improved my stamina by taking exercise in addition to the table tennis practice. Look at what you eat also.

When you develop your looping skill, it is okay to kill the ball if you get an opportunity. Your loop against underspin has basic stroke. Put the robot in  "heavy spinny underspin" and try. Also play against long pips players who can chop to you.

Good luck.

Hi, Im 16 years old and have been training table tennis for about 3 years now. Up to a couple of weeks ago, i though my strokes looked fine. that was untill i recorded myself and watched it. Here are some videos of me playing against a robot, more videos of me training with a training buddy will be up later.

Cheers all!

I did use to run a little before, but i stopped that LOL myabe i should start doing it again. also i do crunch exercises, and i surely watch what i eat. I dont know if i should be offended that im fat by that or not? anyway, none taken. Also, i am able to loop against heavier underspin, but then its mostly spin that are in focus. My coach said that I have a good opening loop, but that i had to practice a killer loop for less underspin shots. that was what i was working on there.

But do u really think my strokes look allright?

EDIT: Oh and also, its a town with 60,000 people. We have no choppers in the club Cry
Butterfly Viscaria
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 11:13am
Your stroke look alright but kind of heavy those. Why? Maybe you didn't move your arm forward fast enough. Or maybe you tried to hit hard? humm
The foot work of multiball means try to move side by side of the table and it will help to speed you up and also you could practice to loop and move from left to right and right to left.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 12:24pm
I did not mean you are fat. I weigh 220 lbs (when someone can't return my chop, thats what they call me "fat bast**d" Big%20smilein their mind). It is important that you have good footwork and less fat on your belly area from where the power comes.

Your loops look good. To test you are looping good, here is the test. Wait for a top spin ball from your partner to fall almost to the floor. You loop it from the ground. If you can get the ball to the other side of the table, you are good. You dont need to play that kind of stroke all the time, but occasionally you have to do to test your looping status.

Here is an idea. Get a paddle and put a long pips on it. Place the paddle on the table facing the robot head. Let the top spin ball from your robot hit the paddle and reflect to your forehand. Now loop against the ball that comes to your forehand. At the club, I go to pips players to play. If I dont have one, I give my spare paddle to my partner and ask him to just block my top spin loops.

Good luck.

Cheers all!

I did use to run a little before, but i stopped that LOL myabe i should start doing it again. also i do crunch exercises, and i surely watch what i eat. I dont know if i should be offended that im fat by that or not? anyway, none taken. Also, i am able to loop against heavier underspin, but then its mostly spin that are in focus. My coach said that I have a good opening loop, but that i had to practice a killer loop for less underspin shots. that was what i was working on there.

But do u really think my strokes look allright?

EDIT: Oh and also, its a town with 60,000 people. We have no choppers in the club Cry
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 1:12pm

Your loops look good. To test you are looping good, here is the test. Wait for a top spin ball from your partner to fall almost to the floor. You loop it from the ground. If you can get the ball to the other side of the table, you are good. You dont need to play that kind of stroke all the time, but occasionally you have to do to test your looping status.
Oh, like a stimulator for looping backspin! Cuz i assume the loop movement has to me alot upwards than driving forwards. Hm! Thats a neat idea. As well as the long pip rackert thingy. But it IS possible to increase the spin the robot gives you.

Dont get me wrong. I dont think training with a robot is the most ideal way of training, but i think its the most ideal way of training when im all alone.
Butterfly Viscaria
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 1:44pm
can't watch veo in indonesia.... Confused 
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 1:45pm
damn! i bet you're pro and could give me some usefull advice
Butterfly Viscaria
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 1:48pm
you look ok I guess.
kristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 3:27pm
I can�t watch it in the Czech Rep. as well :( pity...
Andro Carbon Cosmos
Backhand: Double Happiness TG2 Skyline - red - 2.2 mm
Forhand: Double Happiness Hurricane III - 2.0 mm - black
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 3:29pm
 Same here. Why don't you upload them on youtube?
Single Ply Hinoki club
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 3:30pm
The test that I have discussed is against top spin. From the ground (probably 6 to 8 inches from the floor), loop it forward and how good you can do that. The looping against top spin is forward. Against under spin, you have to loop up in this case.

I can increase the spin in the robot that I have. Set it to side under which is the best way to practice than the pure underspin strokes.
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Thylacine Thylacine wrote:

Same here. Why don't you upload them on youtube?

I tried! Youtube cant play my videos. Its really...bumpy. like if there was a dent in the CD.
Butterfly Viscaria
Superserv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superserv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 4:09pm

Good basic skillz and I cant tell about ur footwork so much. Ur forehand loop looks grey in the video. like i said u have good basic skillz in the video. if u want to improve more try to play more short matches training too after every trainingpass.

Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH
Need to add more speed to my FH.

need MORE speed

I WILL use THIS COMBO 4EVER!
bruno_ar2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruno_ar2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2008 at 7:17pm
hi,

I have a comment, actually I don't know if its a question or a comment. but I think maybe if you are shake hand when your looping against a top spin ball, your leg placement does seem right, it does not have the same angle as when you loop your backhand, while when u top backspin it might not matter because you have the time to switch. i would try to loop more like timo or maze a little more horizontal on the placements of the legs, so that if you get blocked to the backhand you can easily top that without switching the leg angle.

It could be a question of style also, ...

but its seems very good,

another thing  is the fall throw when u top, u seem to cross the chest a little to much (I think, not an expert) , or maybe is it that u loop towards your head and then lower the blade to you left shoulder, that seem a little odd, maybe if u put more speed to the balls u might lower the blade in the same direction that u top, (to earn some nano seconds) :D

my humble opinion from a beginner , :d

FH: H3B 40
BH: TGS 3-60
Blade: ZJ ALC
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2008 at 5:03pm
thanks for all the tips! Video camera broke for the moment so no new vids quite yet. :(
Butterfly Viscaria
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 6:08am
Hey Asoami,

Great video!!!! I can prolly point out a few things you might be doing wrong, but I am no expert (not a good player myself), sooo I don't want too point the finger, but right now I think your progressing quite well, wish you can post more of your progress, and don't worry about the vid poster in the earlier replies.....

Really video feedback should be positive as with most replies in MYTT.

monkey

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 12:11pm
Finally took the time and got a camera and recorded some shots at the 1st of Nov.

Footwork: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v164554396MwCcGcP'
1 set match training: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16455848jxtskpE2

i am the chinese boy wearing the black/grey T-shirt.

Please coach and comment!

Butterfly Viscaria
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 2:39pm
bump >_<
Butterfly Viscaria
James JH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James JH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 3:54pm
I might be wrong because it's hard to see from the camera angle but you seem to stand kinda far away from the table when receiveing serve, and when your opponent serves you jump in which is working fine for you against an opponent you is serving short but if someone notices that or if your playing someone who likes to give the odd long fast serve you might get caught.

Good stuff ;)
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
chow3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chow3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 6:09pm

Finally took the time and got a camera and recorded some shots at the 1st of Nov.

Footwork: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v164554396MwCcGcP'
1 set match training: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16455848jxtskpE2

i am the chinese boy wearing the black/grey T-shirt.

Please coach and comment!

It's my first post, so excuse me for my poor englishEmbarrassed

I'm interested on the footwork part: you must be on the toes and not with the heels, it can increase a lot your time reaction , be able to have a good replacement and not to be surprised by the opponent shot.

For the test match training, I can not see the acceleration for the top spin forehand, you must have the acceleration Ball/raquette. With that you can varie your first attack with the spin and the ball placement.

I hope that i help you a little.Wink
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 10:19pm
Start practicing of the balls of your feet, try not to hit of your heels if you're attacking. Playing of the balls of your feet get you ready to move in or out while playing of your heels only moves you back.
Your stroke is pretty good, do wrist curls, squats and/or bunny hops (forwards and backwards) around a room and stretch those muscles before and after.
Nutriment6464 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 10:28pm
practice you're come back reaction after a loop, put more ball frequency speed and you'll be a lot faster, btw you're good :)
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 10:57pm
Can't watch it, why don't you post it at youtube?
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ryu seungminfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 10:43am
hmm you seem like you're not using much of your legs to generate power. and also you're stationary(your legs) all the time. Even if the ball remains at the same position you should try to hop a bit, get into the momentum. legs are very important in generating power. and also try to launch your body forward abit more. Just my humble opinion, i'm not that great myself
blade:kokutaku super
rubber:xiom omega 3
right hander

nothing without labour
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 12:22pm
i agree. your footwork can be a little better, using your legs to generate power. you react to the ball slowly, faster footwork will allow you to set yourself up in a better position.  your feet are too glued to one spot.   otherwise, your strokes are good.  
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic