FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

A Bit More Of Me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Bit More Of Me
    Posted: 01/25/2009 at 7:45pm
For those of you who are already getting excited about my British League clash with Wiggy next month, here is a few points from my knock with Iqbal tonight. It is a compilation of some points which made it over 5 shots and some other bits which you may find 'interesting'.

Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 7:50pm
that 2nd last point was monster reaction!!! amazing man!
your bh power and counter loop never ceases to amaze me, u r so confident on both wings, i reckon u can give wiggy a run for his money.

i say 4-1 to you man!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 8:00pm
I really like the way you play JKC!
Nittaku Acoustic St.
FH: BTY Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

i reckon u can give wiggy a run for his money.

I'll have my camera there anyway. Whatever happens, it should be a looping extravaganza.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 8:19pm
you are a good player jkc, but you could work on your fitness quite a bit.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 8:57pm
what rubber is your buddy using now on his forhand...it sounds real nice!

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 9:36pm
liXiao, i have no clue, whatsoever, as to the level of your play however, you completely & utterly lack any diplomacy.

Juan King C, Not only do you have a good sense of humour you have considerable hand eye skills.
Play well!
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

liXiao, i have no clue, whatsoever, as to the level of your play however, you completely & utterly lack any diplomacy.Juan King C, Not only do you have a good sense of humour you have considerable hand eye skills.Play well!

WHy lol its pretty clear that he has to work on his fitness.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

liXiao, i have no clue, whatsoever, as to the level of your play however, you completely & utterly lack any diplomacy.Juan King C, Not only do you have a good sense of humour you have considerable hand eye skills.Play well!

how? from those points i could see juan dictating play and be in control of his shots...heck those curling sidespins and bh winners were sick
i dont think i saw him ever get out of breath, or struggling a lot to reach for the ball.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 9:39pm

better watch out JKC, Lixiao is going after your fitness again!

LiXiao is rated i think 976 or something USATT.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

better watch out JKC, Lixiao is going after your fitness again!

LiXiao is rated i think 976 or something USATT.

is that a guess? how sure are you?
you wanna lock that in?LOL
(A) Final answer?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 9:46pm

how? from those points i could see juan dictating play and be in control of his shots...heck those curling sidespins and bh winners were sicki dont think i saw him ever get out of breath, or struggling a lot to reach for the ball.

Then what video are u watching, and yes I am 976 usatt, I have played, ONE MATCH. I would be alot higher if there was at least one tourney near me.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
t3h anarchist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t3h anarchist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 9:52pm
jkc your stroke is kind of messed up you dont turn your body enough you use way to much of your arm motion
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 9:56pm
i watched this video, as well as the previous video he posted up.
i dont see the obvious, care to explain at what points he looked unfit?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 9:59pm
Dear theman, I respectfully submit that arguing on the internet is like winning a race at the Special Olympics: you may win but you're still...well you get what I'm saying!Wink
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 10:01pm

Dear theman, I respectfully submit that arguing on the internet is like winning a race at the Special Olympics: you may win but you're still...well you get what I'm saying!Wink

haha i do get what ur saying, alright mate, ill leave it there Wink
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 10:01pm

how? from those points i could see juan dictating play and be in control of his shots...heck those curling sidespins and bh winners were sicki dont think i saw him ever get out of breath, or struggling a lot to reach for the ball.

Then what video are u watching, and yes I am 976 usatt, I have played, ONE MATCH. I would be alot higher if there was at least one tourney near me.

I dunno man.. to get a rating like that you have to lose to someone with a pretty low rating or you gotta just not have a very high skill level. I'm not trying to rag on you.. but if you can't pick up on why JKC is a good player then that is a sign of you not understanding/ knowing anything about some concepts of Table Tennis.

I wasn't saying very great things about him at first when i watched him, but that was a while ago and I've since learned what it takes to be able to play the game like he does.. because I've gotten better and more knowlegeable as a player. But even still.. just because he's not running around like some japanese player doesn't mean he's not a good player.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 10:02pm

i watched this video, as well as the previous video he posted up.i dont see the obvious, care to explain at what points he looked unfit?

He clearly looked slow, and he was moving at a slow rate. And I also have to agree that you do use your arm too much in your strokes.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
ibupro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibupro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 10:28pm
there are other ways of being an effective player than moving as fast as a mouse dodging a cat, staying skinny as twig and having text book strokes.

Many of us would be better served thinking about how to disrupt our opponent's game than how we look on video.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 10:31pm
Its not a matter of how we look on camera, but it is important to be in top physical condition when playing in any sport if you intend to win.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 10:40pm
I know a guy at my club who barely moves from the center of the table, yet he just beat a 2100 player a couple weeks ago due to his placement and anticipitory skill.

I'd rather be unfit and beat good players with a smart game than move around a lot looking like a fool wearing every table tennis brand apparel I can and having a basement skill level. But hey, I can kinda move my feet right? Most likely because I don't know what to do with the ball though... Disapprove 
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 10:45pm
But when your physical fitness is low the limitations begin to set in, depending on how overweight you are.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 10:50pm
Lixiao give it a rest. Video NEVER makes people look as good as they really are. Sure, his stroke isn't "textbook". It is all arm, but it works for him and I'm gonna go ahead and say he would DESTROY you. You are like 900....quit talking smack unless you hit 1800 or so.....
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 10:51pm
He doesn't need to increase his fitness because he can play some decent topspin even though he doesn't really use much of his body.It only limits the level of players he can beat.
Movement doesn't play much of a issue if its not your game. There are several 2000+ players who are very obese or do not move much.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 11:03pm
The thing is we watch too much pro videos and cannot respect that people have their own style of play, not everyone has to play the way the pros do..
Looking at his video, JKC will surely destroy me in any match, any given day..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I'd rather be unfit and beat good players with a smart game than move around a lot looking like a fool wearing every table tennis brand apparel I can and having a basement skill level.

Oh super snap!     XP XG XX XR XQ XXXXX   haaaaaa   Clap

Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

Lixiao give it a rest. Video NEVER makes people look as good as they really are. Sure, his stroke isn't "textbook". It is all arm, but it works for him and I'm gonna go ahead and say he would DESTROY you. You are like 900....quit talking smack unless you hit 1800 or so.....

But lil....he knows every Japanese player unknown to those outside Japan!   And also knows how to swear really cool in abbreviated tense.    LOL

Wait till he hits 40+ and finds out how good beer tastes.   haaaaa 

JKC  RULZ!     I very much enjoy your vids my friend, keep posting up!  Thumbs%20Up

liXiao.......please post up some video of you hitting!!!  
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 11:17pm
liXiao,

To be perfectly frank liXiao, yes it is great to be in shape and I myself have spent considerable time in the last 4 months getting into shape and yes it is helping my game. 

On the other hand JKC clearly has great timing, comfort, anticipation and power with the ball.  Furthermore, those aspect of the game are something that being in shape plays almost no part in, and, they are elusive key that separates the "got game" from the "aint got game" folks. 

Even if you personally have only 3% body fat and run a marathon every day, your 976 rating makes it pretty clear that you can't yet even comprehend the physical coordination experience he has with the ball and the game.   I know this because I am much further along than you and I only a 2000+ player who is too often reacting to the ball instead of expressing my will against my opponent.

I hit a very strong ball but I work hard and move hard.   Rarely do I achieve such long rallies with that much pace on the ball with that little effort and such obvious comfort while doing it.

JKC is not having to work hard but his motion is fluid and his power is high and this means his mechanics are efficient.  Efficient mechanics are what you see from players who have developed greater skills than your run of the mill tournament player and this efficiency typically makes them appear relaxed (because they are).  As skills rise, the motions begin to almost look languid because the players become less and less rushed as they get properly positioned earlier and earlier.   

Respectfully, your eyes and mind should learn to see deeper because your comments suggest that they are only seeing the surface.  Boiling your entire analysis down to JKC's weight, when he clearly has great skills (and the record shows you don't) is sort of like a kid who talks about sex but has never had it versus a man who has sex with his good looking wife every night.  The man does not need to talk about it -- he can just do it.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 11:22pm
JRS...very well said. You are much more sincere than I...... props to you!   
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 12:27am
walk the walk AND talk the talk
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 1:52am
Thanks for the support everyone. Hug

LiXiao, you had your say on the last vid, and no one listened then either. Thumbs%20Down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic