FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

A Bit More Of Me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 2:12am
976???!!! that's when I started taking up TT more than 20 years ago!! LOL
Sponsored Links

MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 2:13am
I agree with LiXiao.

Stop mobbing against him for stating the obvious.
DTopSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTopSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 2:49am
If it's obvious, why the need to say it at all? Why not show some class and shut up about it? You honestly think that JKC is going to suddenly look down and go "Whoa! I never noticed! Thanks for pointing that out!"

It's obvious to me that some people need to learn that just because they think something is true, that doesn't mean that they should blurt it out to all and sundry. Think before you type.

The difference here is that while JKC probably knows he's a bit heavy, certain others don't seem to have a clue that they are being offensive.

Sheesh.
Recanter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:02am
Excuse the ignorance, but is JKC the guy in the black clothes?
Timo Boll ALC ST

FH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1
BH: BTY EJ Max
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:06am
Originally posted by Recanter Recanter wrote:

Excuse the ignorance, but is JKC the guy in the black clothes?

hes the guy in the lighter shirt
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:07am
I am the unfit looking one in the green, blue and white striped top which looks light green on the vid.
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:14am
Ease up on li xiao guys, he's talks a lot of smack, but it livens up the forum. And a 1000 usatt rating for a young guy is impressive. With a usatt 1000 rating you could beat around 80+% of the 200 million US population, and I'm sure li xiao can win lots of people on this forum.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:17am
He does rather stick his head up to be shot at though. He should think a little more before he types. Next time I post a vid, I will put his first post up for him because it is so predictable.
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 5:33am
You guys are feeding and perpetuating a mob mentality that is just so dispicable. BS like this was what kept me away from the board for 5 years the last time around.

LiXiao never made any untrue or unfair comments. There were glaring strengths and blatant weaknesses revealed in that video that those of us not up to JKC playing level can still recognize.

DTopSpirit needs to shut the f**k up about that 'class' bullsh*t. There is nothing classy about a yes-man or someone who just rains praises on others. I avoid dealing with those kinds of people at work and even moreso privately. Friends tell each other the truth, and for me at least, I have considered the people of this board at least a step closer than a complete stranger.

But hey, if all you guys want are feel-good show off threads then fine, I'll stay away from these threads in the future and let you guys at it.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:09am
I think that would probably be best.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:18am
Originally posted by pokerpete pokerpete wrote:

what rubber is your buddy using now on his forhand...it sounds real nice!
I didn't see this until now, there was such a lot to read when I got up this morning.

He was using Express (don't know which number) on his FH on the last vid, I didn't ask him this time. I am using Galaxy Jupiter on a T-4.
DTopSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTopSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:47am
Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

You guys are feeding and perpetuating a mob mentality that is just so dispicable. BS like this was what kept me away from the board for 5 years the last time around.

LiXiao never made any untrue or unfair comments. There were glaring strengths and blatant weaknesses revealed in that video that those of us not up to JKC playing level can still recognize.

DTopSpirit needs to shut the f**k up about that 'class' bullsh*t. There is nothing classy about a yes-man or someone who just rains praises on others. I avoid dealing with those kinds of people at work and even moreso privately. Friends tell each other the truth, and for me at least, I have considered the people of this board at least a step closer than a complete stranger.

But hey, if all you guys want are feel-good show off threads then fine, I'll stay away from these threads in the future and let you guys at it.

Nothing like having someone else prove your point for you. Am shutting up now! LOL
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 9:41am
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

Ease up on li xiao guys, he's talks a lot of smack, but it livens up the forum. And a 1000 usatt rating for a young guy is impressive. With a usatt 1000 rating you could beat around 80+% of the 200 million US population, and I'm sure li xiao can win lots of people on this forum.

Maybe, but truthfully, 1000 usatt isn't that impressive. How old is he? I train with a 13 year old who is 2350 and a 15 year old who is 2550.

Now, I don't mean to bag on him or anything, all I'm sayin is, before he starts with his comments, he needs to show us a video of him or something! Like someone mentioned earlier, talk the talk AND walk the walk.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 10:06am
I never said JKC wasn't a good player, I just said he needed to work on his fitness, which would improve his game more. And not to make up excuses but one reason my rating is so low is because living in the North East for table tennis sucks. Only two tournaments in my state per year, the nearest club is over an hour away, and its not like I can just hop on a plain and head out to Cali.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Recanter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 10:21am
Oh you're the one in the lighter shirt? Well to be honest, and assuming you want my honest opinion :)

From the video, I can't even guess your fitness since I've seen young military types trim and taut get heart attacks outta thin air... so fitness is somewhat hard to determine lol

As for the stroke, your counter hitting is fine in fact its great! The only thing I see is that when you counter loop, your legs are not bending enough and your elbow comes up, so your stroke, goes across the body instead of forward. Keep the elbow down and you'll be dominating!

But having said that, whatever works for you to win is most important :)

My coach would say that an athlete's ultimate speech is in his game.
Timo Boll ALC ST

FH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1
BH: BTY EJ Max
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 10:23am
The main thing which holds me back at the moment is a lack of sharpness due to a lack of practice against good quality practice partners. This isn't a new thing though, I haven't trained properly with anyone better than me for the last 15 years. I try to stay sharp by playing against the better players a couple of times per week in league matches, but it isn't really enough. If I wanted to progress now, I would have to find the good players who want to practice too which isn't always easy. If I did step up the the quality of practice I'm sure my fitness would quickly become an issue and I would choose to do something about it. But my level of fitness is good enough to play at a level I am happy playing. By my age we all have families and other priorities and much less time do do with as we wish.
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Recanter Recanter wrote:

My coach would say that an athlete's ultimate speech is in his game.

I shouted CHO during a game once. That's my ultimate speech?

Also JKC, I think you are good for a man at that age and fitness. I'm sure your gonna be good with:
  • a good older than you Chinese Coach
  • diet
  • 2 hours per day
In fact if you play more than 5 hours, I guess you will be fit when the time comes.
See you guys in the next life!...................
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 11:29am
Originally posted by brytaku25 brytaku25 wrote:

Also JKC, I think you are good for a man at that age and fitness. I'm sure your gonna be good with:
  • a good older than you Chinese Coach
  • diet
  • 2 hours per day
In fact if you play more than 5 hours, I guess you will be fit when the time comes.

I'm not really planning any of those things, so I will have to remain mediocre.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 11:41am
Oh, this thread is getting more interesting by the posts.. LOL
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 1:43pm
This thread is just missing one thing - the US Rating argument. I usually enjoy that bit the best.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 1:59pm
its hard to place a rating on a game like yours I think. The reason being is because no one can see what goes on in your head, since you have a very smart game versus someone who looks textbook and has just raw stroke technique.. I saw someone at a tournament on saturday from africa, who looked very nice stroke wise. Very fundamental, textbook smooth strokes. But Houshang Bozorgzadeh beat him 3-1. and if anyone has seen him play- he plays hardbat with a very smart game. At first glance you would think the guy from africa would dominate, but Houshang won easily.

Kind of different, but the point I'm trying to make is it's harder to place an estimated rating on someone with a smart game instead of someone with technique only because you never know what kind of thoughts/strategies someone has and you never know how far they can go with it and who they can beat with it.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

This thread is just missing one thing - the US Rating argument. I usually enjoy that bit the best.

LOLZ, yeah.....if you asked for an estimate people would be giving you anywhere from 1300 to 2300
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 2:09pm
I missed the last round of debate on JKC's estimated USATT level. Should we start with USATT 1500 and move up? Ha HA. LOL. JKC is easily over USATT 2200. 
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 2:28pm
I agree with the rating/ability difference.  It depends on who you play and how you can adapt or control the game if possible.  It's almost like golf to me, but in golf...your playing against yourself mostly.

I just enjoy seeing other people playing regardless of what ranking they are.  That is why I wanted to see liXiao in some vid.  I just want to see how he hits thats all, not to critique his ability or bag on him.  Heck, bag on me when I post up a clip of myself hitting, I wont take anything personally because I dont really care at what level I am currently at.  I just love playing and I enjoy seeing others post clips of themselves. 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

I agree with the rating/ability difference.� It depends on who you play and how you can adapt or control the game if possible.� It's almost like golf to me, but in golf...your playing against yourself mostly. I just enjoy seeing other people playing regardless of what ranking they are.� That is why I wanted to see liXiao in some vid.� I just want to see how he hits thats all, not to critique his ability or bag on him.� Heck, bag on me when I post up a clip of myself hitting, I wont take anything personally because I dont really care at what level I am currently at.� I just love playing and I enjoy seeing others post clips of themselves.�

This is respectable stuff. Some of us(myself included) should view the game more like you do!
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:16pm
I would like to see more vids of others for a similar reason and to put a face (or even a body shape) to the well known names on here. It is a shame I haven't got any recent vids of me playing other people, as this would help others to form a more balanced opinion of my game. Who knows, there is a possibility that I could find myself up against a very good chopper at the next British League match. That could be interesting.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

Originally posted by pokerpete pokerpete wrote:

what rubber is your buddy using now on his forhand...it sounds real nice!
I didn't see this until now, there was such a lot to read when I got up this morning.

He was using Express (don't know which number) on his FH on the last vid, I didn't ask him this time. I am using Galaxy Jupiter on a T-4.

Did Iqbar speedglue?  That Joola Express corks so loud.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:37pm

lol I have video of me on saturday playing the Iowa Games. In my RR for age division, i drew the best player in iowa who is a 2300 level player from india. I could post that video! but it would probably make us both look horrible! haha.

I did get two flip winners on his serves in the match though.. made me feel great! It's the first time i got to see myself on video, and It REALLY opened my eyes to how bad I am lol. I never knew seeing yourself could help your game so much though.. I see so much I do wrong and now know what to fix.

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:39pm
I don't think he glues. He just hits the ball very hard. He uses a Schlager Carbon and has the speed of stroke to get quite a bit out of it. If he was still gluing I think he would probably still be using bryce, as he has the power to really get the ball into the sponge and get the spin to go with the speed. Most people who used Bryce didn't hit hard enough to get the best from it and would heve been better with something which allowed them to spin the ball more.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

lol I have video of me on saturday playing the Iowa Games. In my RR for age division, i drew the best player in iowa who is a 2300 level player from india. I could post that video! but it would probably make us both look horrible! haha.

I did get two flip winners on his serves in the match though.. made me feel great! It's the first time i got to see myself on video, and It REALLY opened my eyes to how bad I am lol. I never knew seeing yourself could help your game so much though.. I see so much I do wrong and now know what to fix.

The video is a great tool to help you to improve your game or in some cases to help you to decide that there is too much to do and that you are better off settling for what you have.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic