Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Bit More Of Me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 6:18am
That is the difficult thing about forums to me. No one really knows how good anyone really is and whether they really know what they are talking about. I might give advice saying a blade has good control or something, but I have pretty good touch myself and can control most bats whereas someone less experienced or used to something slower would say it had poor control.
I am ranked in the top 200 in England if that gives any more clues, personally I don't think that vids do me justice as there is a considerable amount of spin on many of those shots and serves which just doesn't show.
Sponsored Links

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 7:34pm
JKC, you are doing it all wrong and you are totally unfit. The only thing that has me baffled is that your opponent looks very fit and has a good set of strokes but yet he loses to you.

I'm surprised so few have noticed this dilemma when the criticise your game.

It is easy to claim that you don't move around, but in all honesty, in the video I watched, you reached to the ball in time, so why should you move any more? Perhaps good players run a lap around the table before they hit, simple to prove how fit they are? Or, is it the 976 rated players who do this? I don't know...

As for your technique, it is horrible! Yet you seem to have higher consistency then me and your opponent looks troubled by a lot of your returns, so I guess it isn't important how your strokes looks, what is important is the results you get with them.

I've seen players with flawless techniques being beaten by players looking like basement noobs, so looks can be deceptive, but you are not fooling me JKC, I know that you are surely pass 2000 Usatt, but I dare not guess how much.

I dare however guess that you would beat anyone under 1000 Usatt even if you played left handed and had both of your feet nailed to the floor. But still, I think you should listen to their advice, cause they might be excellent coaches and you might pick up a thing or two to improve your game!
The holy grail
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 7:39pm
I'll take that on board Speedplay. Tomorrow, I'll get a divorce, give up my job, send the kids to live with Granny and start on my new fitness regime. Then when I am ultra fit I will dedicate the rest of my life to TT. Anyone want a knock?LOL
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

JKC, you are doing it all wrong and you are totally unfit. The only thing that has me baffled is that your opponent looks very fit and has a good set of strokes but yet he loses to you.

I'm surprised so few have noticed this dilemma when the criticise your game.

It is easy to claim that you don't move around, but in all honesty, in the video I watched, you reached to the ball in time, so why should you move any more? Perhaps good players run a lap around the table before they hit, simple to prove how fit they are? Or, is it the 976 rated players who do this? I don't know...

As for your technique, it is horrible! Yet you seem to have higher consistency then me and your opponent looks troubled by a lot of your returns, so I guess it isn't important how your strokes looks, what is important is the results you get with them.

I've seen players with flawless techniques being beaten by players looking like basement noobs, so looks can be deceptive, but you are not fooling me JKC, I know that you are surely pass 2000 Usatt, but I dare not guess how much.

I dare however guess that you would beat anyone under 1000 Usatt even if you played left handed and had both of your feet nailed to the floor. But still, I think you should listen to their advice, cause they might be excellent coaches and you might pick up a thing or two to improve your game!

Psh. All this coming from a guy who plays with long pips. Everyone knows that only people with no skills use long pips to cover up the fact that they suck. Real players play inverted.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 7:50pm
Haha, shows how up to date you are lil! I play anti now and have been doing so for some time now. Anti is the new LP, didn't you know that? =)
The holy grail
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 7:55pm
Yeah, anti is the new LP, for losers. You disgust me.

Jay Slash Kay! I'd be scared of you still I hate the way loops come back from anti! And to make sure people who don't understand the art of sarcasm know, ANTI AND LP DOES TAKE SKILL TO USE.

Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

Originally posted by Low Tek Low Tek wrote:

As for Juan King Carlo, great vid. Do you have any videos of you playing other players? It seems like you have your friend Iqbal's game pretty much figured out. I'd love to see you against another style.
I have a few older ones of matches but these are all on video and I don't have the technology to transfer them at the moment. .

JKC I have a device called Pinnacle video Transfer which is supposed to be the thing to use. If you are at JBL this weekend I can give you a long loan.

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 8:19pm
I won't be at JBL, but could possibly get there if it is close. Which venue is it at?
I could do my wedding vids too and score some brownie points with the wife.
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2009 at 3:41am
JBL will be at Wolverhampton. The next event after that is Doncaster. Will you be there? I won't, but a couple of others from here will probably be there.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2009 at 3:47am
I don't tend to be involved in the JBL stuff, maybe in a couple of years.Wink

I'll probably leave it for now. I should have a chance to record more stuff at the next BL weekend anyway in 3 weeks.

Thanks for the kind offer though.
ade09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ade09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2009 at 4:00am
JKC, I saw some earlier comments on your ability to move around ... I think with your reflexes as strong as they are, and your natural technique, I don't think you need to move around the table like a 18-yr old, 50 kilo Chinese :)
FH: Tenergy05 2.1 / Skyline3
BH: Tenergy64 2.1 / G666
Blade: Andro Super Core Cell Off+ (2)
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2009 at 4:43am
Even if I made it to 50 kg, I still wouldn't bother moving that much as i like to take things nice and easy whenever possible.

(anyone still wanting to view the vid, can click the link at the bottom of my posts by the way rather than returning to the first page of this thread.)
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 5:02pm
Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me, There is nothing wrong with being infamous..... Maybe you learn who yr friends are though?????
Oxford concise;

Notoriosly bad; having a bad reputation (2)  abominable, thanks I thought we were friends???? Cry Edited for beer talk......................................................................

I have got a bad reputation on forums though, I'll agree, but In thought you were on my side??????LOL I'm only joking really
The Older I get, The better I was.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 5:53pm
Well, you've completely lost me.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 6:24pm

Well, lets leave it at that thenWink I though yr powers of of intuition would have worked this one out James. We have a match coming up? I'm ready though.
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 6:35pm
I might've guessed it was/is "Wiggy"....
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

I might've guessed it was/is "Wiggy"....

Wow, are you a medium?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 6:45pm
not at all... assuming I'm even correct.

It's all here in black & white?
Wink
NEXY Lissom st 85g
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 6:46pm
sorry to infiltrate this site with my vitrolic observations, but I think you need me.( for some fun)
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

not at all... assuming I'm even correct.

It's all here in black & white?
Wink
 I like you alreadyLOL
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 6:50pm
who's afraid of a little vitriol!!!

What are the odds on this impending showdown?
Might favor a bit of action.
NEXY Lissom st 85g
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 7:47pm
Oh you, you just like some fun, don't you? What is this Wiggy thing? a persona, a real thing, Its coming though.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2009 at 8:17pm
hey guys is that some ancient Gaelic communication protocol?
beware of the almighty druid and the swallow of his terrible wakening potion.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 3:25am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Well, lets leave it at that thenWink I though yr powers of of intuition would have worked this one out James. We have a match coming up? I'm ready though.

I knew who it was, but was just trying to portray APW46 as my evil stalking arch enemy but I had an early night, missed your reply and then others blew your cover.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 5:58am

Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

I knew who it was, but was just trying to portray APW46 as my evil stalking arch enemy but I had an early night, missed your reply and then others blew your cover.

All good fun thoughLOL assistant Mods? do you only have half the buttons to play with?
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 6:25am
I only know about my own buttons, I don't really know what buttons others have.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 11:23am

I only know about my own buttons, I don't really know what buttons others have.

those are mine. are yours different?

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 11:41am
To be clear, mods assistant mods have the exact same tools and privileges to work with. Forum admin Alexli confirmed it.

@jkc: shall we watch your league match vs wiggy if you tape it?
By "arch enemy" did you mean you share games with him  aka "It can go either way" ?
If yes I am looking forward to watching you playing a guy same level as yours.
Crank it up and destroy!!!
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 12:14pm
Wiggy's ranking is higher than mine, so I am expected to lose. But it is 1-1 in matches previously. We haven't played for about 3 or 4 years though.
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 1:51pm

Wiggy's ranking is higher than mine, so I am expected to lose. But it is 1-1 in matches previously. We haven't played for about 3 or 4 years though.

The mind games have begun. 1-0 to JKC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic