FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

current no.1 at our club vs BOZ HD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 11:21am
interesting,

I think who ever open usually wins, and its not just my club, look at the top 10 in the world!  The chinese are best because they open first.

If I push his low spin serves its hard to keep them short if I try to push them they ll just pop up, I only have one choice and thats to spin it up and put the pressure on first always.  If I dont then he will pulverise me with his open, and watching the video doesnt seem that fast too me as having that ball flying toward you, I can barely see the ball and just guess where I think it might be when his attack hits the table most people miss it about 80% of the time.

you can push and chop and fish with etc with slower players but here its kill or be killed.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 12:16pm
Hey, Boz.  I can't see it on this video, but I noticed on one of your videos that when serving you often scoops the ball off the table and toss it without pausing.  I just thought you should be aware that someone could call you on that point.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Hey, Boz.  I can't see it on this video, but I noticed on one of your videos that when serving you often scoops the ball off the table and toss it without pausing.  I just thought you should be aware that someone could call you on that point.
your right, I realised this too once making videos that my service is the right height always but Im not holoding it in my palm.  Nobody has ever bothered to question me on it for the most obvious reason that part of the rule is irrelevant when I toss the ball so high.

Anyway shouldnt be on the net should be driving down to the Gold Coast right now for a tournament...
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2009 at 1:03am
I'm at a much lower level than you, but I humbly disagree with the strategy of opening up at all costs.  I am a both a hitter and a spinner, so I can appreciate the merits of both of your styles. 

I am trying to teach myself to resist the temptation to always hit the spinny opening shot.  If you must hit a shot that bounces proportionally more vertical than it does horizontal (in relation to your normal loop attack), you had better place it very well against a hitter.  I don't disagree that opening up did seem to keep your opponent on the defensive.  However, I would mix it up and flatten it out some to avoid the predictability.

I play at lunch most every day with a guy who is a consistently powerful flat hitter (especially on the FH) who reminds me of your opponent.  I have found that when I try to attack and open up at all costs with topspin, he punishes the slow spinny loops (he even grunts for power) and he will also flatten out his shots to entice me to hit the slow spinny loops.  I notice that where it seemed like you had to start looping at all costs you ate a few as I often do. 
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2009 at 1:16am
He misses a pretty fat third-ball at around 5:47 that I think illustrates my point.  Normally a guy like this would leave you with a welt for one of those. 

Hitting something flatter or shorter that hugs the net and/or table seems to work for me against this style.  You are clearly a better spinner, so if you force him to open up with a weaker loop I think you can easily overwhelm him with your counterloop. 

Great match and I look forward to your videos.  You and your opponents are where I hope to be soon.  BTW, longtime golfers like myself know that you never play on the perfect day when you feel great because then you have no excuses.  You can always say that taking out the barriers caused you to lose the match points.  Ouch 

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2009 at 8:05pm
I had another few hours of "match practise" - Im the only person he knows at my level that doesnt like to train or warm up for long and do routines.  He just says you ready?

Results were the same as in this video.  About 15 games with nothing in it. 
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
shaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2009 at 9:49pm
sorry to burst your bubble if any..usatt 1700 to 1800 is the rating of bob in the video ..in california and new york that is. A usatt 2100 inverted player in my opinion will have better serves , better footwork and more aggressive loops. 
~shaks
Usatt 2150

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2009 at 10:05pm

No bubble bursted, Im a 1700s player -

boZZZZZZZZZZZ
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
shaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2009 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

No bubble bursted, Im a 1700s player -

boZZZZZZZZZZZ

ok dude...i hope you improve and get better everyday. good luck.
~shaks
Usatt 2150

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2009 at 1:36am
Originally posted by shaks shaks wrote:

sorry to burst your bubble if any..usatt 1700 to 1800 is the rating of bob in the video ..in california and new york that is. A usatt 2100 inverted player in my opinion will have better serves , better footwork and more aggressive loops. 

I don't beleive that's true at all. I've seen alot of 2000 rated US players and they are not at a very high level, I'm telling you for sure the club champion of a capital city like Brisbane will mop a us 2000 player 11-2

hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2009 at 10:06pm
@ bozbrisvegas what blade do you use for the solcion? 

I have a couple of solcion rubbers in my arsenal but haven't tried yet. 
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2009 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by shaks shaks wrote:

there's a rating differential in the USATT system that is skewed at high player concentrations.

translation:

USATT 1700 in NY or CA is approx USATT1900 in the midwest or southeast
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2009 at 6:09am
ishlion all the way
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2009 at 9:46pm
Your recovery and backhand looks like it's improved a fair bit Boz.
Potato Face
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2009 at 12:05am
boz did you boost your tenergy and solcion, or do anything to them?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2009 at 5:58am
havent altered t05 for ages now, i just use water glue for it.  solcion however plays so nice with a layer of glue - i glued it probably about 6 hours before i played in that video.  Anyway I also get the same results with him when i zero glue, short pimple effect.  but low level players start to get really close to beating me.

For me solcion is best against high level players with tricky serves.  A few people tried my blade with it and ordered some - they said they could just put the ball where ever they wanted.  Me however my arm is still recovering from my shoulder injury.  I am still playing but use my fh even less than before because of it. 

I will post a video really soon of me playing injured soon against the Brisbane Table Tennis centre manager known here as "fruit loop"

I mostly let him attack as I made the video for him to see his game and my arm hurts every stroke I take.

Thanks Silvalis - I really control Jesse with a slow well placed game.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2009 at 10:55pm
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2009 at 7:30pm
thanks to everyone here, for all the advice you have given me.  I kind of took it for granted sorry.  I realise now after more video posts that not everyone is capable of such constructive criticism.  Really appreciate it and hope you all one day have enough courage to post some of your game despite the negative direct put downs insensitive members of this forum have recently started posting.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2009 at 7:33pm

thanks to everyone here, for all the advice you have given me.  I kind of took it for granted sorry.  I realise now after more video posts that not everyone is capable of such constructive criticism.  Really appreciate it and hope you all one day have enough courage to post some of your game despite the negative direct put downs insensitive members of this forum have recently started posting.

let it go
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2009 at 7:38pm
WOW!

BEST...MATCH...EVER!

Boz, you are truly awesome, I can't give you any advice since your game is already perfect, it is like watching the pro's play! If I didn't know any better, I would have to say that you have copied them! Great game!

Or, the honest version, from what I've seen of USATT 1700, you are above that level, but what do I know, I'm simple a low level player trying to learn from those who are better then me.
The holy grail
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2009 at 7:41pm
speedplay thanks for your deep advice - Ive learnt so much from people like you.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2009 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

WOW!

BEST...MATCH...EVER!

Boz, you are truly awesome, I can't give you any advice since your game is already perfect, it is like watching the pro's play! If I didn't know any better, I would have to say that you have copied them! Great game!

Or, the honest version, from what I've seen of USATT 1700, you are above that level, but what do I know, I'm simple a low level player trying to learn from those who are better then me.
as I said there are insensitive people sarcastic cheap wit because they have nothing to contribute -

this person believes I sit and try to make my game the same as the professional players" 

Speedplay if you would be so kind to give some feedback about how to improve, I would be very greatful.  I am asking for honest contructive criticism,  Im not interested in any kind of sarcastic put downs such as your wow your so great trash. 

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2009 at 8:32pm
biggest problem was that alot of the time you were kind of passive. you let the ball come to you as opposed to putting the pressure on your opponent. Attack early, and keep your opponent in that uncomfortable position where YOU control the rally, not him.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2009 at 9:22pm
totally agree with you LiXiao, on the point about putting the pressure on first.  With many players though I find it hard to be consistant enough to put the pressure on - and hence often become a bit passive.  My ability is limited and thats what holds me back. 

Many players will try to also put pressure on me and if I see I can block or close down those attempts I play a more passive game. 

Personally I dont see myself as an all out attacker.  If my ability was there I would be.  I see myself more as an allround player who prefers to attack if given the right balls.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2009 at 10:11am
if you want to continue to be that passive type of player, work on ball placement the most. Kind of a Kenta Matsudaira approach, but it works. I could hit backhands all day and not attack at all but still win since im able to push people around the table and have them miss or i can finally get a shot in.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2009 at 10:47am

WOW!

BEST...MATCH...EVER!

Jerk alert.

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2009 at 10:50am
Its almost impossible to tell what someone is rated by watching a vid and it really doesn't matter.

You are doing something right if you can brush loop like that and have that much touch and control with your bh considering you're using Tenergy and Ishilon...
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2009 at 11:51am

WOW! BEST...MATCH...EVER! Boz, you are truly awesome, I can't give you any advice since your game is already perfect, it is like watching the pro's play! If I didn't know any better, I would have to say that you have copied them! Great game! Or, the honest version, from what I've seen of USATT 1700, you are above that level, but what do I know, I'm simple a low level player trying to learn from those who are better then me.

as I said there are insensitive people sarcastic cheap wit because they have nothing to contribute -

this person believes I sit and try to make my game the same as the professional players"�

Speedplay if you would be so kind to give some feedback about how to improve, I would be very greatful.� I am asking for honest contructive criticism,� Im not interested in any kind of sarcastic put downs such as your wow your so great trash.�

I believe I have commented on some of your other videos recently, constructive criticism, but it wasn't appreciated since it didn't match your expectations.

In this video, your bh is such a strength it is almost a weakness. You even step around some to use it for your put away shot, were I believe that you have more power in your fh and should be able to use it for those.

Your blocks needs some work as well, you miss a lot of blocks against this guy, which is strange cause if you chose to counter instead of blocking, it seems you are doing fine. This is why I think you need to work on your blocks, as this would perhaps allow you to stay a little closer to the table, which would reduce the amount of time your opponent have.

As for the 1700 USATT mentioning, I think we both agree that you are above that, cause, as I've told you before, your game looks a lot better then any 1700 (al though I think it was 1600 last time we talked about it) rated player I have seen.
The holy grail
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2009 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by rupertgriffin rupertgriffin wrote:

Nice game.
It looks like you're backhand orientated because of your grip. Does your thumb stick up? Do you change grip to do forehand? This might be why you lollipop block with your forehand and have trouble crossing over. I also found with this grip that its hard to do forehands down the line. In this video there wasn't many of them.
I also realised when you get into backhand rallies your right foot creeps in front but you seem to cope when it comes to your forehand though.

There's my best attempt at constructive feedback.
totally agree

perfectly analysed !

I know this and I went all out heavy with the bh grip (I actually havent done this for a long time) but hell when a player continually goes to my backhand for serves and keeps blocking there thats what happns, if I misread and its on fh usually first fh is weak as.. 

when I have time or read it to go to fh then I change to forehand looping grip.   I am currently thinking I want to spend time training receiving with the "wrong grip" ie practise my strong bh grip against wide fh serves and vice versa.

usually what I do is play a guessing game.  Receive one with fh grip next with bh grip another inbetween grip.  I try to roll every shot except the ones which are on the opposite side of my grip, which are the ones which a push comes out.  This all in a strange bad way comes out to confuse my opponents who are mostly well trained and used to reading well trained players.  I am a bit of an anomoly.. (is that how you spell it?

Nice vid. I enjoyed watching it. Your game really seemed to put the other guy in an awkward postion frequently. He looked frustrated on more than one occasion. Wink

First, I'm going to state outright that you are a much higher level player than I. I've only been playing a little less than 2 years and only a month ago switched to c-pen grip (rpb). Acknowledging my current lesser ability, I would still say that my "technical" knowledge, though certainly nowhere complete, is at a much higher level than my actual ability (which often drives me insane, always knowing what I should or shouldn't be doing, but unable to do any differently).

ANYWAY... I'm just putting that preface out there before I give some advice. Take it or leave it. I'm sure the grip plays a part in your choice of using your backhand so much, as does the mental aspect of having confidence in it over your forehand. However, a small thing I would add concerns your footwork. Overall, it looks nice; you move well, etc. However, you are almost always adopting a backhand stance--which of course makes sense since you prefer your backhand.

I'm just pointing this out because if you want to develop your forehand, then you need to be in a position that will facilitate it. Obviously, using your forehand when in backhand stance is going to give you problems. So maybe change your footwork a bit by staying in forehand stance as much as possible, round the corner more frequently, etc. Your lateral movement is really good, it just seems that it's going the wrong way--toward your backhand instead of your forehand.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2009 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

However, a small thing I would add concerns your footwork. Overall, it looks nice; you move well, etc. However, you are almost always adopting a backhand stance--which of course makes sense since you prefer your backhand.

I'm just pointing this out because if you want to develop your forehand, then you need to be in a position that will facilitate it. Obviously, using your forehand when in backhand stance is going to give you problems. So maybe change your footwork a bit by staying in forehand stance as much as possible, round the corner more frequently, etc. Your lateral movement is really good, it just seems that it's going the wrong way--toward your backhand instead of your forehand.

I don't go in for this 'constructive feedback' rubbish, its either good advice that is correct for you or not, So i'm not going to make a preface apology just incase you don't like it, you either do or don't, I don't care.

The above advice is half right. You can get away with playing with yr left leg slightly forward when up to the table (to facillitate an easy f/hand), but not when playing off the table because you cannot generate a backswing because you have no room, your left thigh will be in the way. Square or right foot forward will allow room, and you also have the benefit of extra time as you are off the table.Smile
The Older I get, The better I was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic