Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPushblocker vs. Cho Yoon Je (KOR)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2010 at 10:39am
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

would you recomend the blade you are using now for an attacker lp player with H3 on the FH ?
I like the Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus due to it's soft feel and it does have great spead with chinese style rubbers.. Yes, I'd definetly recommend it!! I'm still trying other blades but so far, the Dr. Neubauer blade is the best..
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Sponsored Links

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2010 at 11:11am

Haters gonna hate you know...
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2010 at 11:50pm
Wow, even Ovtcharov has trouble against long pips:

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2010 at 8:49pm
Good video for interested players to study - about long-pips vs. inverted rubber.  Keep it coming, for games you won AND YOU LOST.  Also videos of long-pips against other long-pips will be very interesting.
==========================

Your advantage:  No need for you to remember your own earlier strokes.

Your opponent's disadvantage:  He (she) has to remember his (her) own earlier strokes, otherwise he (she) will lose the point.  (As top-spin comes back with back-spin, or back-spin comes back with top-spin.)

*** Certainly, you are very good in using long-pips, very few long-pips players can reach 2100, but you have reached 2200+.
skip3119
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2010 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Good video for interested players to study - about long-pips vs. inverted rubber.  Keep it coming, for games you won AND YOU LOST.  Also videos of long-pips against other long-pips will be very interesting.

Your opponent's disadvantage:  He (she) has to remember his (her) own earlier strokes, otherwise he (she) will lose the point.  (As top-spin comes back with back-spin, or back-spin comes back with top-spin.)

*** Certainly, you are very good in using long-pips, very few long-pips players can reach 2100, but you have reached 2200+.
Too bad that I didn't record my matches against Robert Shahnazari and Duc Loi at the club as also William Lin.. While I did beat Robert 3:0 3:1 and 3:2 (in the 3 matches that we played), I did beat Duc Loi 3:0 last time that I played him.. However, I have not beaten William Lin yet.. He plays the PERFECT style against me.. long pips backhand block, short pip forehand attack and twiddling short pips backhand attack.. You never know what he is going to do.... William (roundrobin) destroys most other long pips blockers.. Neither me nor Robert Shahnazari have ever beaten him and he is lower rated than both of us.. I'm actually uploading a match that I lost right now.. It's against Cory Eider(2311) and I lost the match in 5 games after leading 2:0.. Started cramping in game 3 Ouch

Edited by Pushblocker - 12/24/2010 at 9:46pm

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2010 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

Too bad that I didn't record my matches against Robert Shahnazari and Duc Loi at the club as also William Lin.. While I did beat Robert 3:0 3:1 and 3:2 (in the 3 matches that we played), I did beat Duc Loi 3:0 last time that I played him.. However, I have not beaten William Lin yet.. He plays the PERFECT style against me.. long pips backhand block, short pip forehand attack and twiddling short pips backhand attack.. You never know what he is going to do.... William (roundrobin) destroys most other long pips blockers.. Neither me nor Robert Shahnazari have ever beaten him and he is lower rated than both of us.. I'm actually uploading a match that I lost right now.. It's against Cory Eider(2311) and I lost the match in 5 games after leading 2:0.. Started cramping in game 3 Ouch

cramping from lack of movement? i hate that ='[
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2010 at 9:59pm
If you should upload any video in the future, and if you know your opponent's FH & BH rubber (long-pips, short-pips, inverted, anti) please indicate that.  It will make studying the game more fruitful.

Thanks in advance.

PS:  The Korean Player that you played against in your video got his initial rating today at 2593.
Please alert us here, if any video of your match has been uploaded.

Edited by skip3119 - 12/24/2010 at 10:13pm
skip3119
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2010 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

cramping from lack of movement? i hate that ='[

ever heared of dehydration?? Oh well.. haters gonna hate either way..

Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2010 at 10:10pm

If you should upload any video in the future, and if you know your opponent's FH & BH rubber (long-pips, short-pips, inverted, anti) please indicate that.  It will make studying the game more fruitful.

Thanks in advance.

PS:  Please alert us here, if any video of your match has been uploaded.
I actually mention it in my videos if my opponent is using anything but inverted..
For example.. Xue Di = short pips flat hitter, Angel Morales, anti black side and inverted red side, Chi-Kin Chan, Grass DTecS with sponge on backhand etc.. It's all in the description!!

Check shortly for the uploaded videos against Cory Eider... First game is up now but still processing..

game 2

game 3

game 4

game 5

Edited by Pushblocker - 12/25/2010 at 1:55am

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 1:25am
that guy has one of the poorest attitudes I've ever seen at the table. i'm sure you've seen much worse though lol

where's game 5?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 1:36am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

that guy has one of the poorest attitudes I've ever seen at the table. i'm sure you've seen much worse though lol

where's game 5?
uploading

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 1:41am

where's game 5?
===========================
Agree with your assessment, terrible behavior.

From game 4, I can easily see that guy was far more careful after his powerful loop.

At 2311 rating, he must know his powerful loop will come back to him with strong back-spin --- he was not careful during his first two games on that.
skip3119
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 1:59am

where's game 5?
===========================
Agree with your assessment, terrible behavior.

From game 4, I can easily see that guy was far more careful after his powerful loop.

At 2311 rating, he must know his powerful loop will come back to him with strong back-spin --- he was not careful during his first two games on that.
He played very careful in game 3 to 5.. Still had my chance as I was leading 9:8 in the 5th...
My cramps however bothered me.. Even though, I'm not moving a lot, I still have to move around a little bit..

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 3:59am
Pushblocker, it takes a lot of skill to cover all the table with your BH only. Many ppl on this forum seem to only take note of big and fast FH/BH shots, but fail to realise that pushing, blocking and counterhits are the true fundamentals of the game. I won quite a lot of games at a recent tournament, just with a heavy FH and BH push, blocking/countering and some consistent slow loops. It's a similar control style like yours, except I'm using double inverted....LOL

Just wondering, have you met a quality server who serves fast and deep with massive variation of spin? I have quite some trouble with those players. They really punish those who do not attack their serves. There is one i faced who can serve to the nastiest angles (some balls exiting the sides of the table,coupled with some down the line serves) with speed, then loops a heavy sidespin loop to the other end. DeadDeadDeadI absolutely hate playing those players, because I can no longer play my control game against those! If you have, do you have any tips for answering those tactics?
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 11:29am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Pushblocker, it takes a lot of skill to cover all the table with your BH only. Many ppl on this forum seem to only take note of big and fast FH/BH shots, but fail to realise that pushing, blocking and counterhits are the true fundamentals of the game. I won quite a lot of games at a recent tournament, just with a heavy FH and BH push, blocking/countering and some consistent slow loops. It's a similar control style like yours, except I'm using double inverted....LOL

Just wondering, have you met a quality server who serves fast and deep with massive variation of spin? I have quite some trouble with those players. They really punish those who do not attack their serves. There is one i faced who can serve to the nastiest angles (some balls exiting the sides of the table,coupled with some down the line serves) with speed, then loops a heavy sidespin loop to the other end. DeadDeadDeadI absolutely hate playing those players, because I can no longer play my control game against those! If you have, do you have any tips for answering those tactics?
Having long pips, especially low friction pips like the DtecS really helps to return serves.. It's extremely rare that players can 3rd ball attack against me, even those with great serves. I could not return serves as effective with inverted or short pips. The advantage is also that the server receives back their own spin with the pips. The pips aren't effected too much by the spin.. Placement is also much easier with pips then with inverted. I'm usually able to return the serve to the most inconvenient spot for the opponent..

TT_haru View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 12:06pm
How about playing a low-fast dead ball to either center or extreme end of both court during service? Fast low dead ball, if the receiver is not careful, the return will be high and can setup for a smash. It is useless against attacking opponent that either counter-loop or smash. But since I notice you don't/hardly attack/smash so I wonder if it will be effective?

Then it is all about 'rally-pushing' against one another, exploiting both corners until either one tired out or mis-hit....

Edited by TT_haru - 12/25/2010 at 12:07pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by TT_haru TT_haru wrote:

How about playing a low-fast dead ball to either center or extreme end of both court during service? Fast low dead ball, if the receiver is not careful, the return will be high and can setup for a smash. It is useless against attacking opponent that either counter-loop or smash. But since I notice you don't/hardly attack/smash so I wonder if it will be effective?

Then it is all about 'rally-pushing' against one another, exploiting both corners until either one tired out or mis-hit....
I'm so used to fast, dead and long serves as many players try it against me. However, I can usually take the pace off the ball and keep the return either short enough or well placed enough so that the opponent can't attack it.. Again, that's something that many players try against me..  However, the only thing that really works is patience and picking your hits..

Edited by Pushblocker - 12/25/2010 at 12:35pm

TT_haru View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 1:14pm
Yap, sort of like safe, defensive play, looking for opening. I guess majority of attacking players failed since their style urge them to finish things fast (3rd ball attack, etc). Their spin, loop doesnt work and that cause frustration and when frustrated, that's it ...

Ask someone who always attack, to play safe? Only a few of them can do it. And even if one can do it, it is all about ball placement and unless I can place the ball better than u, it is in for a tough fight. That's y your style is effective against the majority or rather long pip style. While others are crazy practising on looping & spinning, you r trained in push/block and placement of ball ... 
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 1:37pm
This was a great game, last against Cory ...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 1:46pm

Yap, sort of like safe, defensive play, looking for opening. I guess majority of attacking players failed since their style urge them to finish things fast (3rd ball attack, etc). Their spin, loop doesnt work and that cause frustration and when frustrated, that's it ...

Ask someone who always attack, to play safe? Only a few of them can do it. And even if one can do it, it is all about ball placement and unless I can place the ball better than u, it is in for a tough fight. That's y your style is effective against the majority or rather long pip style. While others are crazy practising on looping & spinning, you r trained in push/block and placement of ball ... 
It's very difficult for them to slow down their game. Even if they do, it's no guarantee that they'll win..

Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

This was a great game, last against Cory ...

I should've won that match.. I made some stupid mistakes in the 5th game (including service mistake) and also gave away a 9:7 lead..

racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 2:00pm
Pushblocker,

If you don't mind, going back to the video of you playing with Schlager...

Now I know you guys are just hitting around and Werner isn't doing much at all, but even then, it looks like you're playing out of your normal comfort zone---completely misreading the spin on one serve, out of position trying to return several loops, and forced to back off from the table.

What were Werner's shots like, as casually as he executed them? Was it difficult to read the spin and direction even then? Were the loops just too fast?

Would you say that all of your opponents at tournaments cannot even hit like Werner does so casually in the video? If so that really puts things into perspective. The pros have more skill in one finger than 2000+ players have in their entire hand.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas! Smile

Edited by racquetsforsale - 12/25/2010 at 2:00pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

Pushblocker,

If you don't mind, going back to the video of you playing with Schlager...

Now I know you guys are just hitting around and Werner isn't doing much at all, but even then, it looks like you're playing out of your normal comfort zone---completely misreading the spin on one serve, out of position trying to return several loops, and forced to back off from the table.

What were Werner's shots like, as casually as he executed them? Was it difficult to read the spin and direction even then? Were the loops just too fast?

Would you say that all of your opponents at tournaments cannot even hit like Werner does so casually in the video? If so that really puts things into perspective. The pros have more skill in one finger than 2000+ players have in their entire hand.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas! Smile

Werner's shots are in  completely different dimension when it comes to spin and placement.. The spin is so much heavier than anything I get to see in this country. His placement is also incredible. Another thing that made me look like a beginner was that he gave me attackable balls that I missed.. I'm not an attacker and if I attack, I make lots of mistakes..

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 3:38pm

My cramps however bothered me.. Even though, I'm not moving a lot, I still have to move around a little bit..

What is the proper protocol on cramps/injury? I was playing in the Semi's at the Nationals and my opponent had leg cramps, what is the amount of time can be taken? Call a timeout? and if he already have used his timeout before the cramp/injury?  I really need to know this for the 'next' time.

thanks.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

What is the proper protocol on cramps/injury? I was playing in the Semi's at the Nationals and my opponent had leg cramps, what is the amount of time can be taken? Call a timeout? and if he already have used his timeout before the cramp/injury?  I really need to know this for the 'next' time.

thanks.
I don't know what the protocol is but cramps aren't going to go away quickly... I was dehydrated.. I didn't take a injury timeout as it would have taken too long.. I thought that I still could take him, even with the cramps but I was wrong.. My leg actually still hurt on the next day but I wasn't cramping anymore..

TT_haru View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 8:58pm

thanks.
I don't know what the protocol is but cramps aren't going to go away quickly... I was dehydrated.. I didn't take a injury timeout as it would have taken too long.. I thought that I still could take him, even with the cramps but I was wrong.. My leg actually still hurt on the next day but I wasn't cramping anymore..

That will be 'muscle exhaustion'. You overuse that part of your muscle. It is worse than cramp as you will still feel the pain the next day.

Back to the video. Notice you use alot of your backend even at forehand position. This means you must depend alot more on footworke  esp. if your opponent tries to attack at both end of the corner result in more stress to the leg?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2010 at 9:14pm

thanks.

That will be 'muscle exhaustion'. You overuse that part of your muscle. It is worse than cramp as you will still feel the pain the next day.

Back to the video. Notice you use alot of your backend even at forehand position. This means you must depend alot more on footworke  esp. if your opponent tries to attack at both end of the corner result in more stress to the leg?
My previous opponent moved me a lot and I had to move more than I'm used to and I didn't drink ANYTHING between and during the matches..

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2010 at 1:43pm
Pushblocker,
Thanks for uploading the videos. No offense, after watched some of them, I think the method to beat you is: (1) must release and stay cool, DO NOT get mad. (2) play ping pong (hit / push) for a easy / assure ball placement (3) use slow-lift-high loop, only use topspin power loop when you are out of position. Or try to push you away from the table.
On the other hand, you seem to have trouble with long serve, do you? Do you consider to switch the blade-side and loop/drive on backhand making a surprise attack once in a while?

Edited by Egghead - 12/27/2010 at 1:49pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2010 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Pushblocker,
Thanks for uploading the videos. No offense, after watched some of them, I think the method to beat you is: (1) must release and stay cool, DO NOT get mad. (2) play ping pong (hit / push) for a easy / assure ball placement (3) use slow-lift-high loop, only use topspin power loop when you are out of position. Or try to push you away from the table.
On the other hand, you seem to have trouble with long serve, do you? Do you consider to switch the blade-side and loop/drive on backhand making a surprise attack once in a while?

That's a good strategy! However, most players can't execute it. If you watch my video against Adam Brown (just look through my videos). He is a high 2100 level player  and he played exactly the right strategy and I still beat him.. Against Cory Eider, I was ahead 9:7 in game 5 an he played a good strategy etc. etc.. I'm used to playing players who know what do do against my game.. Even if they do the right things, they still have to fight for every point.. The difference is that they don't give me easy points if they play patient.. I do occasionally attack from the backhand by twiddling, depends a lot on the opponent.. If I can win without attacking, I won't do it. If you look through my videos, you'll see that I do attack occasionally..
Long serves bother me if they are done occasionally.. If they are done frequently, I easily adjust to them..

Edited by Pushblocker - 12/27/2010 at 2:59pm

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2010 at 3:05pm

That's a good strategy! However, most players can't execute it. If you watch my video against Adam Brown (just look through my videos). He is a high 2100 level player  and he played exactly the right strategy and I still beat him.. Against Cory Eider, I was ahead 9:7 in game 5 an he played a good strategy etc. etc.. I'm used to playing players who know what do do against my game.. Even if they do the right things, they still have to fight for every point.. The difference is that they don't give me easy points if they play patient.. I do occasionally attack from the backhand by twiddling, depends a lot on the opponent.. If I can win without attacking, I won't do it. If you look through my videos, you'll see that I do attack occasionally..
Long serves bother me if they are done occasionally.. If they are done frequently, I easily adjust to them..

@Pushblocker.  Your playing style sounds very much like Peter Chen's
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic