Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did someone try the Lin Gaoyuan ALC yet?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did someone try the Lin Gaoyuan ALC yet?
    Posted: 10/23/2019 at 9:36am
How is it compared to Viscaria?
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
Sponsored Links

Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by windysummer1 windysummer1 wrote:

How is it compared to Viscaria?
It plays the same. Except the Lin ALC has a mole Wink
No signature required
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 8:18am
EVERY SPEC of this blade is exactly the same, they will both play equally. Lin blade is simply viscaria with different handles and a slight price increase. Every blade depending on weight and wood used will different so it is extremely hard to find 2 same viscarias or 2 sam LG or same vis/LG. LG played like most of players do with Viscaria until now, so how butterfly does it is they simply take the same blade Viscaria and desing working with LG a new handle a new writing on the head, I guarantee there is no difference at all. I will say that LG blade has a nice handle design and I am sure many will buy.
Just to add if Francizka FRANZ gets a new blade with will simply be his current he plays with which is Apolonia ZLC with his new designed handle.

I am sure that there will be EJ replies saying stuff like, LG is faster or LG is slower than my viscaria or LG is better etc. To me if the specs are the same, manufacturer the same, weight the same. They will play very close almost the same. Shocked
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 10:54am
If it looks like a viscaria, sounds like a viscaria, feels like a viscaria and plays like a viscaria, maybe it’s close to a viscaria.
j/k...

The fl handles between a Tb alc, Viscaria and Zjk alc are different and that makes those blades so apart already. I think we underestimate the importance of the handle. 

I see all those Alc outer blades from Butterfly the same way I see a Soulspin blade with a menu of handles from which we pick one.

Edited by stiltt - 10/24/2019 at 11:43pm
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 12:17pm
The moment I held the blade in my hand, I felt a shock sent across my body. I later realized I had gained LGY's backhand technique and also lost weight too. 
JustANoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustANoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

The moment I held the blade in my hand, I felt a shock sent across my body. I later realized I had gained LGY's backhand technique and also lost weight too. 

No footwork/positioning bonus ? Ripoff.
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Which serial number and tag color?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 12:43pm
ok, just because...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suMkk7erMKw
who can beat that guy when he plays his best?

Edited by stiltt - 10/24/2019 at 12:44pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

ok, just because...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suMkk7erMKw
who can beat that guy when he plays his best?

he wouldn't play that good if he didn't have Lin Gaoyuan ALC
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 2:33pm
If anyone wants a better version of Viscaria costing 30% of its price go to Yinhe V14 Pro. It´s faster (6.0 mm thickness) with same wood layers and excellent craftsmanship. 
Measurements are exactly the same: 157x150 and handle 100mm. Mine came with 87g.
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:39pm
A pretty version Viscaria ahahah. I find other companies trying to replicate viscaria but to no avail because the feeling of these replicas is different to viscaria especailly from mid distance you will feel the difference. Some are too stiff or soft. The closest one I found was Donic Ovtcharov Carbon but the feeling still does not match Viscaria. I heard yasaka alnade is very good but Id imagine it wouldnt be as good as viscaria still.  
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2019 at 10:45am
$150 on Prott
nduviscaria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nduviscaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 6:13pm
review?

Edited by nduviscaria - 11/17/2019 at 6:14pm
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 5:42am
FLARED handle definitely feels better (to me) than the Viscaria

The handle is a bit more SQUARE Fl than the ROUNDISH Fl viscaria (I feel that the Viscaria handle is slightly wider but flatter)

Compared to my 85g N series silver tagged viscaria, the 86g LG ALC feels crispier/stiffer (probably due to the softening of viscaria because of age)

Compared to my 85g TB alc fl, it has a softer feel

TB > LG > Viscaria 

Curious if the ST handled LG ALC is squarish like the TIMO BOLL series
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 10:42am
no offence but I will not play with blade with LGY's name anymore than one with HT's (but for different reasons)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

no offence but I will not play with blade with LGY's name anymore than one with HT's (but for different reasons)
lol why??Disapprove
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2020 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

FLARED handle definitely feels better (to me) than the Viscaria

The handle is a bit more SQUARE Fl than the ROUNDISH Fl viscaria (I feel that the Viscaria handle is slightly wider but flatter)

Compared to my 85g N series silver tagged viscaria, the 86g LG ALC feels crispier/stiffer (probably due to the softening of viscaria because of age)

Compared to my 85g TB alc fl, it has a softer feel

TB > LG > Viscaria 

Curious if the ST handled LG ALC is squarish like the TIMO BOLL series

I agree in majority... but the handle of the Viscaria it is better for me...I can confirm LGY it is harder then Viscaria and a little softer then Timo Boll Alc...It has more power far from the table then both this blades...short game it is easy...Overall a god blade but to become precise and dangerous, for the oponent, need to have stamina and power...

Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2021 at 3:25am
quality of  Lin Gaoyuan koto  is  a lot better than all koto alc blades
I have Yinhe v14 pro and IT is not even close
Lin gaoyuan Has special quality handle so in my eyes this blade is for promo and will be discountined soon

andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2021 at 8:38am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZYfIDlnSss
the arc is shorter so you can put all in and the ball is coming on table, crisp feeling on the table, more power from distance, good transition from forehand to backhand, special softness 

Handle of LGY ALC has more feeling  because material inside is softer and Top Ply is rough so it is easier to destroy but it has more feeling. Handle and Top Ply is glued stiffer than every koto alc.
If something is stiff and has the same structure it will break faster so professional has no problems to get new LIN when they destroy  own personal blade.
I think everybody has problems with new blades because they are stiff on first sight and  harder touch than xy years old used blade so Butterfly made something special  for China and give chance for European to buy LGY ALC 

Viscaria handle is perfect but core here is  on more empty "plum plum feeling" there is no pleasure to play with this blade.
TB alc have shorter wings and it has more glass feeling. More pleasure but less control= sharpness.
ZJK alc have stiff handle which absorbs energy  too much and imo it is harder and slower at the same time.
ZJK blue dragon have rough koto and thick handle. I didn't play too much just to say something.
Kenta Matsudaira ALC have something similiar to ZJK ALC but handle shape  is weird. I didnt enjoy this blade even it have the same composition. 
Spirit was thicker and have weird flex  it plays special way so I don't judge it is classic EU discountined blade.

LGY alc has shorter wings, better quality handle like ZJK alc but more softness inside+ shorter wings add another gear on  fast shots . So for me its best of TB ALC- shape, best of ZJK- handle  and ZJK Blue Dragon- rough top ply and maybe Viscaria golden " epoxy resin" inside against hollow handle.

I had every blade on market, its around 600 blades which is bad for you health
and every koto alc (except Viscaria Golden ) on TT market 
and I will choose Lin Gaoyuan Alc over Viscaria, TB ALC, ZJK ALC and I would go further and this is better blade than 
Tiago Apolonia ZLC,  Michael Maze ALC , Marcos Freitas ALC, Layer ZLC, Layer ALC,  Mizutani ZLC, Mizutani Super ZLC, ZJK ZLC, TB ZLC
and 185$ is best money spend on butterfly blade.

the biggest downside is L written on handle.
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2021 at 5:22pm
@andzejgolot, comparing the handle between Viscaria & LGY, which one has a fatter handle in the middle finger area?  I have a Viscaria that I love, except the handle; I am looking for a better handle.

=======================================================

Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZYfIDlnSss
the arc is shorter so you can put all in and the ball is coming on table, crisp feeling on the table, more power from distance, good transition from forehand to backhand, special softness 

Handle of LGY ALC has more feeling  because material inside is softer and Top Ply is rough so it is easier to destroy but it has more feeling. Handle and Top Ply is glued stiffer than every koto alc.
If something is stiff and has the same structure it will break faster so professional has no problems to get new LIN when they destroy  own personal blade.
I think everybody has problems with new blades because they are stiff on first sight and  harder touch than xy years old used blade so Butterfly made something special  for China and give chance for European to buy LGY ALC 

Viscaria handle is perfect but core here is  on more empty "plum plum feeling" there is no pleasure to play with this blade.
TB alc have shorter wings and it has more glass feeling. More pleasure but less control= sharpness.
ZJK alc have stiff handle which absorbs energy  too much and imo it is harder and slower at the same time.
ZJK blue dragon have rough koto and thick handle. I didn't play too much just to say something.
Kenta Matsudaira ALC have something similiar to ZJK ALC but handle shape  is weird. I didnt enjoy this blade even it have the same composition. 
Spirit was thicker and have weird flex  it plays special way so I don't judge it is classic EU discountined blade.

LGY alc has shorter wings, better quality handle like ZJK alc but more softness inside+ shorter wings add another gear on  fast shots . So for me its best of TB ALC- shape, best of ZJK- handle  and ZJK Blue Dragon- rough top ply and maybe Viscaria golden " epoxy resin" inside against hollow handle.

I had every blade on market, its around 600 blades which is bad for you health
and every koto alc (except Viscaria Golden ) on TT market 
and I will choose Lin Gaoyuan Alc over Viscaria, TB ALC, ZJK ALC and I would go further and this is better blade than 
Tiago Apolonia ZLC,  Michael Maze ALC , Marcos Freitas ALC, Layer ZLC, Layer ALC,  Mizutani ZLC, Mizutani Super ZLC, ZJK ZLC, TB ZLC
and 185$ is best money spend on butterfly blade.

the biggest downside is L written on handle.
ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic