FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

new harimoto training video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new harimoto training video
    Posted: 11/21/2019 at 8:14pm
I think it's quite obvious that he's tightened up his FH stroke significantly especially on the backswing. 

But, I feel like the abbreviated backswing will only work if he is much more physically stronger than he is now, especially in the core and legs. The acceleration in the ball (indication of the spin level) still looks significantly less than the German or CNT players for e.g. Tongue Think the kid still needs to hit the gym?

-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 10:43pm
At 1m45s on, his fh looping contacts the ball late and I am wondering if at his level, it does not mean the difference between easy to block and immense pressure for the opponent. He does wait a tiny bit doesn't he?

At 3m10s, that fh he unloads is really cool  after a couple bh and doing the same on his fh practice could be beneficial, it's the mindset part of it that is not there I think. He is comfy in that fh of his today and it's maybe dangerous.

I mean look at Xu Xin in 2011:

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 11:18pm
i swear i thought the coach was speaking in mandarin, which makes sense given that Harimoto is Chinese.  But i wonder if Harimoto actually speaks/understands Chinese
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

i swear i thought the coach was speaking in mandarin, which makes sense given that Harimoto is Chinese.  But i wonder if Harimoto actually speaks/understands Chinese

nvm, just answered my own question

Edited by liulin04 - 11/21/2019 at 11:22pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

There s a video where he said he's training his Fh with a chinese coach. If he  became japanese at 12 does it means that he was chinese being born in japan doesnt make you japanese  

Edited by mykonos96 - 11/21/2019 at 11:59pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2019 at 1:37am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

At 1m45s on, his fh looping contacts the ball late and I am wondering if at his level, it does not mean the difference between easy to block and immense pressure for the opponent. He does wait a tiny bit doesn't he?

At 3m10s, that fh he unloads is really cool  after a couple bh and doing the same on his fh practice could be beneficial, it's the mindset part of it that is not there I think. He is comfy in that fh of his today and it's maybe dangerous.

I think he's trying to take it later to train up his spin production capability which is still quite lacking imo... could it be the rubbers?! I feel like at the very top end, the tacky rubbers can generate a hell of a lot more spin compared to a non-tacky rubber. 

-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2019 at 9:49am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I think he's trying to take it later to train up his spin production capability which is still quite lacking imo... could it be the rubbers?! I feel like at the very top end, the tacky rubbers can generate a hell of a lot more spin compared to a non-tacky rubber. 
do you mean he looks up to and tries to emulate Chines spin with non Chinese rubbers? those fh after 3m10s should work well with his fast rallying skills and T05H. Maybe that gives a little bit less spin than tacky rubbers but he gets more speed that he still can handle. 
In the video at 1m45s on, it seems he has already engraved that delayed contact in his brain and that could mean trouble, everything takes hard work to build and harder work to undo: he has no time for that at this point in his career.
When I watch Moregard play, I see genius and pure talent but a lot of waste in the rushing, he could use a bit more of Harimoto's safe spinning; Harimoto could benefit a bit of Moregard's rushing, just a little. Actually that's what he was doing when he was 13 and beating people: taking the ball very early, because he was smaller. He grew since inches and muscles and that would be an excuse to take his time to contact??? not!

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2019 at 9:55am

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

do you mean he looks up to and tries to emulate Chines spin with non Chinese rubbers? those fh after 3m10s should work well with his fast rallying skills and T05H. Maybe that gives a little bit less spin than tacky rubbers but he gets more speed that he still can handle. 
In the video at 1m45s on, it seems he has already engraved that delayed contact in his brain and that could mean trouble, everything takes hard work to build and harder work to undo: he has no time for that at this point in his career.
When I watch Moregard play, I see genius and pure talent but a lot of waste in the rushing, he could use a bit more of Harimoto's safe spinning; Harimoto could benefit a bit of Moregard's rushing, just a little. Actually that's what he was doing when he was 13 and beating people: taking the ball very early, because he was smaller. He grew since inches and muscles and that would be an excuse to take his time to contact??? not!

If he wants to reboot muscle memory must stop competing and train train but its too late becase tokyo is around the corner. He could get an injury.  in a  video his coach talks about using a H3 BS would patch the flaw?? 
Maybe translations wasnt accurate
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2019 at 10:30am
At this point LYJ is far ahead. I like both equally so I do not care but it's so dramatic to watch rising games unfold in slow motion. So many things can happen and when we see something new, we know it's there for a long time. 
I probably underestimate such athletes' capability to adapt quickly though; I can't help but thinking that at some point, the JNT will have to answer: you are good at creating Ais, Mimas, Juns, Kokis, Kentas etc...and that is admirable, you are the best at it, but past a certain level, it all stalls. Why? Is it cultural? does the Japanese society function in a mysterious way to create a table tennis national team village where all players end sharing their level and can't ever distance themselves from the group? one may be ahead but never too far ahead?
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2019 at 11:06am
ITO"s SERVICE OF FATALITY.

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

ITO"s SERVICE OF FATALITY.

Igor sobberness is a fatality
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic