Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Dignics 09C

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Dignics 09C
    Posted: 01/20/2020 at 5:10am
Butterfly officially announced that D09C will be released on April 1, 2020.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Sponsored Links

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Butterfly officially announced that D09C will be released on April 1, 2020.

Excuse me but: Did you say April Fools Day?

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 7:03am
I have had that association in mind, but this year April 1 will be Dignics 09C Day.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

I have had that association in mind, but this year April 1 will be Dignics 09C Day.

One may stand by the insinuation of the term usage of fools.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 9:48am

OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 11:55am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Thank you for the post.

Dignics 05
Speed: 13.5
Spin: 12.0
Hardness: 40

Dignics 80

Speed: 13.75

Spin: 11.75

Dignics 64 

Speed: 14.0

Spin: 11.0

Dignics 09c

Speed: 13.0

Spin: 13.0

Hardness: 44

Some significant differences represented.  From this I would say they are targeting the Tenergy 05 Hard people.

Edited by DonnOlsen - 01/20/2020 at 12:18pm
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 3:04pm
All these new Dignics rubbers are retarded. $100 a piece, 40 different versions and there is no end to this madness. 
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

All these new Dignics rubbers are retarded. $100 a piece, 40 different versions and there is no end to this madness. 

True if you pay 100% markup retail price lol. Just ask around and you'll be paying much less. 
Tbh butterfly has Soo much money that even if their rubbers didn't sell dignics wise, that the sales alone from tenergy series from the past decade would suffice. Rozena was a failure and they slashed it's prices.

Edited by ProtossTT - 01/20/2020 at 3:08pm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 4:14pm
after playing with dignics 05 for less than 5 hours, I've come to the conclusion that it is not for my playing style.  I'll happily go back to my Tenergy 05/64
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 4:25pm
For me Dignics 80  is a much better choice than Dignics 05 . Dignics 80 is more similar to Tenergy 05 than Dignics 05

Edited by jpenmaster - 01/20/2020 at 4:25pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 6:00pm
Tacky - this sounds interesting!
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 8:23pm
The last tacky spring sponge rubber that was brought out by butterfly was spinart and that was a failure. However, i have high hopes for this one Tongue
TwiddleDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwiddleDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 9:26pm
Have been playing with 05Hard on both sides of my 89 gram Viscaria for almost a year. Got a good deal on a sheet of Dignics05. I tried it on my backhand and forehand. I didn't see much of a difference. My practice partners said that the 05Hard was faster with a lower throw, and that the Dignics was slightly spinnier with a slightly higher throw. I prefer the 05Hard on both sides. Reminds me of playing with Sriver S, back in the 38 mm ball days. I will, however, give this new Dignics a try when it becomes available, just to see how it compares to 05Hard.
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 9:58pm
Lets say someone bought 1000 identical paddles and put each type of tenergy and dignics on the paddles.  Could people identify what rubber they are playing with? I seriously doubt it.  It is great to have so many choices, but I wonder if there is a dramatic difference between tenergy 05fx and dignics 09c-fx or 80 or 32 or 22timo-limited edition or whatever new version they come out with.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

Lets say someone bought 1000 identical paddles and put each type of tenergy and dignics on the paddles.  Could people identify what rubber they are playing with? I seriously doubt it.  It is great to have so many choices, but I wonder if there is a dramatic difference between tenergy 05fx and dignics 09c-fx or 80 or 32 or 22timo-limited edition or whatever new version they come out with.
You could tell differences though, you're just throwing in a red herring buddy
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2020 at 12:00am

Yes you could tell differences and different performances
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2020 at 1:36am
So this is Dignics 09C?  But wasn't Timo playing with Tenergy 09C last winter?  And it never came out?

Personally, I think it sounds really interesting.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2020 at 4:27am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

So this is Dignics 09C?  But wasn't Timo playing with Tenergy 09C last winter?  And it never came out?

Yes, correct.  I believe it was reported Timo then went to Tenergy 05 Hard on his forehand.

I too, at this point, find it interesting.

Thanks.
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2020 at 5:16am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

For me Dignics 80  is a much better choice than Dignics 05 . Dignics 80 is more similar to Tenergy 05 than Dignics 05

So there's finally an official T05 alternative?
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2020 at 8:47am
hi i have apolnia blade, dignics 05 fh, back hand tenergy 05, going to give d 80 a try on my bh.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2020 at 9:45am

maybe they paid the licensing fee only to allow timo to play with 09C
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2020 at 11:16am
Would have been a better thread if named "Dignics 401k or 403b" imo.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2020 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Yes, correct.  I believe it was reported Timo then went to Tenergy 05 Hard on his forehand.

I too, at this point, find it interesting.

Thanks.
Well, Timo switched to T05 hard on the FH in the fall of 2018, which I think is when it came out.  But last winter (first quarter of 2019), there were a series of matches on video (mostly Bundisliga) where he was playing with what looked like T09C.  It was on the ITTF approved list and was reported to have a tacky top sheet.  I don't know how long he stuck with it, but I think he eventually switched back to T05h.  There was a whole thread here about T09C and i thought we'd eventually see it.  Now, instead, we get D09C.

There is a Daily Dan interview with Timo where he talks about playing with D05 on the BH and T05h on the FH.  He said that T05h was better for generating power.  I wonder if he'll stay with that once D09C comes out.

I've been using D05 on the backhand (where I really like it) and Nittaku Turbo Orange on the FH.  The question for me will be whether D09C is a suitable upgrade for the Turbo Orange.
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2020 at 9:27am
butterflyonline.com Officialy posted today, that 09C will be available April 1. Time to start saving, if you start today with about $1.50/day savings by the time it comes out you will have $ to buy it lol
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2020 at 2:57pm
no need selling your kidney. most people could save up for a sheet of Dignics over 3-12 months by lowering their callorie intake and toilet paper usage.
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

no need selling your kidney. most people could save up for a sheet of Dignics over 3-12 months by lowering their callorie intake and toilet paper usage.

Buy a bidet for 35-40 usd and your toilet paper usage will decrease by maybe 80%, and your butt will be far cleaner.

You can reinvest your savings into whatever EJing you need to do

Edited by Basquests - 01/24/2020 at 9:24am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 10:55am
no need to change your life style - just don't pay for overpriced products
b3nhold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b3nhold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 1:56pm

Well the 09c would be tacky for a start
JPen player.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 12:07am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I've never seen an over-priced item in table tennis; can you show me one and explain how it's over-priced?  I've already seen things that not everyone would choose to buy, but to be really over-priced, it would imply that almost no one would buy that product due to too high of a price.  That certainly can't apply to Dignics, since I know plenty of people who buy it without complaint, including myself.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 8:27am

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I've never seen an over-priced item in table tennis; can you show me one and explain how it's over-priced?  I've already seen things that not everyone would choose to buy, but to be really over-priced, it would imply that almost no one would buy that product due to too high of a price.  That certainly can't apply to Dignics, since I know plenty of people who buy it without complaint, including myself.

That's a bad definition and a very unhealthy and poor mentality to have. For example, there are pharmaceutical drugs that are vastly overpriced and yet people still buy them because they often have no other choice.

Outside of pharmaceuticals, where people do have more of a choice, there are a vast number of products that are overpriced and have much more evenly priced counterparts equal in quality, but people still purchase the overpriced product because it has a logo that makes their brain release feel good chemicals.

Perceived value and actual value are often very different things. If you perceive an overpriced item to be worth more than it is, despite a flood of information indicating otherwise, you are intentionally participating in willing ignorance.

Keep in mind, I and almost everyone at the time of this writing has never even touched a sheet of Dignics 09C, but if Dignics 05 is any indicator, 09C will likely not be worth the price. I just can't base full judgement on mostly conjecture.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic