FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2024 Joola NA Teams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2024 Joola NA Teams
    Posted: 04/25/2024 at 3:23pm
Been a while since i posted here so i hope everyone is doing well.

After participating at 2023 Joola Teams i felt very conflicted with the venue and event organizers...

Ill briefly mention what i noticed and appreciated last year. The flooring was a good addition to most tables, more umpire availability for the players, and some other small things.

However the big issue i had last year (and years before that) was the lighting. Its such an important part of TT to rely on your eyesight and to have poor lighting conditions just hinders so much of our game. I know JOOLA isnt responsible for this but i hope this may reach the right audience which could possibly have the reach to improve on 2024 teams event.

The lighting was horrible, some tables were decently lit up but most were dark (especially ones next to support columns) and it was so hard to see the ball. For mid to low tier players (majority of the entries) that did not play on the semipro/pro tables were affected by these conditions.

Im on the fence about participating in this years event but im hoping the venue could improve on this. Its one of the few big team events thats close enough to majority of us in the north east where we can save time and money on transportation because of its location.

Just throwing out ideas, but maybe add some additional down lighting on the support columns for the tables next to them. 

Ive looked around for a suggestions email or a survey for the event organizers but couldn't find anything. Dont hesitate to suggest some ideas here. Thanks!
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2024 at 4:48pm
Nothing new here. All of this was already discussed in another thread and even brought to their attention - we do have Joola folks reading this forum. There was one spot (near tables 49-50 but I could be off a bit) where the light was out. That table was so poorly lit, it was crazy. 
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2024 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Nothing new here. All of this was already discussed in another thread and even brought to their attention - we do have Joola folks reading this forum. There was one spot (near tables 49-50 but I could be off a bit) where the light was out. That table was so poorly lit, it was crazy. 

Haven’t been on here in a while and I tried to search but didn’t get much of a result. Sorry for bringing it up again. I’m just trying to book the accommodations so I’m seeing if it’s even worth going this year if the conditions are going to be the same.
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:06am
We lost a lot of web data recently so it is good you are bringing it up again.  Hopefully Matt who discussed this last year will see it again and pick up on it 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic