FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2008 World Veterans Champioshiprs Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2008 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Redoya Redoya wrote:

Men's singles 70+ Consolation Final

Minoru Kohakura (Brazil) vs Kozi Suzuki (Brazil)  part 1

Part 2
 Suzuki is the 2008 Brazilian Inter champion in the 70-74 class.
Japan born Kohakura  shows remarkable agility for someone of his age and body type.
     Redoya,
  I downloaded the first part but the players are some european shakehanders. Definitely not Kohakura and Suzuki. Unhappy
Single Ply Hinoki club
Sponsored Links

Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2008 at 10:54pm
Hi Pongology, Sandro, Theman, Thylacine,

I am very sorry for the delay. I was off for over a month.

1. Lippelt showed me his racket after the match.  I haven't payed much attention to the brand of the blade. All I can remember is that it was a regular size wood, not a semi-large type used by choppers. In his homepage one can see that he (a long ago) was a German Champion in the 1.Bundesliga. He wrote a long report on his trip across Brazil, from the southern border from Argentina to the rain forrest in the Amazons.

2. I could not solve the problem with Megaupload. For this reason I uploaded again the match between Suzuki and Kohakura. But you can get it in the this site:

3. After watching the excellent videos of the Olympic Games, I am very interested in taking part in the next WVC in China. The organization was the best; notice that they used two extra cameras for close-ups of the contenders. I do not care being "skunked" by some veteran world champion ("there is honor  in defeat"). Only the stock market meltdown made me poorer in terms of dollar. 
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2008 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Redoya Redoya wrote:

3. After watching the excellent videos of the Olympic Games, I am very interested in taking part in the next WVC in China. The organization was the best; notice that they used two extra cameras for close-ups of the contenders. I do not care being "skunked" by some veteran world champion ("there is honor  in defeat"). Only the stock market meltdown made me poorer in terms of dollar. 

I will try and go only if some local Chinese friend of mine will go with me - otherwise it's a bit too intimidating for me to go alone to the country where I can easily get lost without knowing language...

Do they have a web site set up already for 2010?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2008 at 11:32pm
1. There is a very good training video for choppers with Norio Takashima. I hope that one day BTY will allow uploading it for free to all. I am sure that Takahima himself will be happy to see that are thousands of interested players in learning his lessons.

2. If you have time read this interesting article about the Universal Library ("...the entire works of mankind ...available to all people...") published in The New York Times:
See also in Google about Creative Commons.
Pongology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 3:41pm
Hi Redoya,

I didn't know Lippelt has a website. Do you have the web address?
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 4:19pm
Hi Redoya!
  Thank you very much for the Minoru Kohakura vs Kozi Suzuki match. They play impressive for their age.  Smile
 Cheers
Single Ply Hinoki club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic