FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Members of DHS Hurricane King

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members of DHS Hurricane King
    Posted: 08/06/2008 at 11:34pm

I would like to make this thread, following the M. Maze Clan, Violin or Acoustic Clan. To see which blades has more users.

I've owned first version of H-King and Latest H-king. The first version weight 86 gr, Latest version weight 90 gr, both FL. Hoping to get the ST version in the future.
The first version is not factory sealed, I must sealed it with polyurethane.
It feels softer than the new version, longer dwell time, so it's easier to loop than the latest version.
The new version comes with factory sealed, no need to seal anymore. Feels harder, faster, less dwell time than the first version.
The handle of the first version is smaller than the latest version.
The gold plate logo in the first version is tagged with two piece of nails, while the latest version is tagged without nails, deep inside the handle.
Anybody who own this blade can share what rubber suits H-king either FH on BH rubber Smile
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sponsored Links

gene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 12:15am

i owned a 06 version H-king FL, and just got stolen not long ago, and i am looking for another 06 or 05 version. let me know if anyone has one for sale.

Acoustic F/h: globe999(black)
B/h: Bryce FX(red)
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 12:27am
I think Mine is 05 and 07 version. I'll make sure my first H-King is the 05 0r 06 version.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 2:32am
I'm getting one really soon!!! Its a new one though.

are we all gonna have the little bold tag in our signatures " Member of the DHS-HK Clan".  We should make it a cool color like red or something, to represent the blood of our enemies. lol.

I'm gonna be getting H2 and H3 #21 sponge provincial.  I hear that's a popular choice for FH rubber, So I'll let you know how it works.
Yakult View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yakult Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 2:44am

I got the 07 H.King, the ones with nailed gold plated logo :-)

defense alpha

bluefire m1 2.0

grass d.tecs ox

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 2:49am
I know that a lot of people also use a sriver variant on their BH w/ the HK. I'm gonna give Sriver FX a try first, since it's what I'm using now and I like it for the most part. It's got more ball feeling I think.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 3:16am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I know that a lot of people also use a sriver variant on their BH w/ the HK. I'm gonna give Sriver FX a try first, since it's what I'm using now and I like it for the most part. It's got more ball feeling I think.

Sriver FX on Bh of H-king feels to soft n mushy. I've tried it. If you want harder rubber, Bryce is suitable on BH. If you like slower rubber Sriver EL or Sriver L may be more suitable than Sriver FX Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 3:18am
Originally posted by Yakult Yakult wrote:

The 07 H-king still has nailed gold plated logo? Maybe it's the early production of 07. The late production of 07 version is already without Nailed. I prefer without Nailed logo though, it's more unique Tongue
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Yakult View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yakult Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 3:26am
I've made a big mistake with my HK though...  when i found out that the outer surface splintered ,I sealed it more than 5 times with polyurethane
It sure felt different after that Ouch 
defense alpha

bluefire m1 2.0

grass d.tecs ox

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 3:40am

I've made a big mistake with my HK though...  when i found out that the outer surface splintered ,I sealed it more than 5 times with polyurethane

Try to get the new one then Wink, It doesn't splinter, but it feels harder than the first version which splinter. The new version's wood surface is smoother than first version.
I also sealed my first version 3 times with polyurethane, It doesn't feel so much difference, but it feel stiffer than before sealing it.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

graeztch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graeztch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 6:12am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

The 07 H-king still has nailed gold plated logo? Maybe it's the early production of 07. The late production of 07 version is already without Nailed. I prefer without Nailed logo though, it's more unique Tongue

The 07 HK that we just sold off doesn't come with nailed gold plated logo.

Rgds graeztch
graeztch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graeztch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 6:14am

My friend,

Maybe you can try to remove it using the sandpaper. 

Rgds graeztch
Yakult View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yakult Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 6:18am
maybe mine was from 06 , I bought the HK from a guy in Miri, Sarawak last year
defense alpha

bluefire m1 2.0

grass d.tecs ox

Yakult View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yakult Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 6:22am
Originally posted by graeztch graeztch wrote:

My friend,

Rgds graeztch

I think its too late to try ..

The blade's outer surface wood ply really hardens like plastic. Anyway it looks nice and shiny inside the display cabinet LOL
defense alpha

bluefire m1 2.0

grass d.tecs ox

graeztch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graeztch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 6:24am

maybe mine was from 06 , I bought the HK from a guy in Miri, Sarawak last year

IC. I think the date is stated in the small booklet that comes with the blade. Maybe you can check it out.

Rgds graeztch
graeztch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graeztch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 6:26am

Originally posted by graeztch graeztch wrote:

My friend,

Rgds graeztch

I think its too late to try ..

The blade's outer surface wood ply really hardens like plastic. Anyway it looks nice and shiny inside the display cabinet LOL

Hahaha... LOL

Rgds graeztch
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 8:44am
My first H-King serial number in the gold plate is I00610256, while my latest H-King is C00718223. Is it true that I means for International Market n C means for Chinese Domestic Market?
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

yuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 10:18am
Yuna reporting ! :D

i have a 07 King & 08 King. like what peter has mentioned. 07 is softer than 08.

both of my H.King are flare & serial no starts with the ' I ' letter. i also tot its prob for International
mkt while the ' C ' serial is for China mkt.

i find Bryce a bit too firm for the BH while Bryce FX is abt there. i also suggest Narucross EX soft from Nittaku.
i have tried it on my fren's blade & liked it beri much. intend to buy one to put on my other King blade
which has Nodias on it.
Viscaria Tiffany
T-05
T-64
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Sriver FX on Bh of H-king feels to soft n mushy. I've tried it. If you want harder rubber, Bryce is suitable on BH. If you like slower rubber Sriver EL or Sriver L may be more suitable than Sriver FX Wink

I might just try it because I have some laying around, even though you're most likely right LOL I've never used bryce or bryce fx, or any kind of bryce for that matter. All my BH rubbers have been: focus III, sriver FX, Tackifire Sp. Soft. I think focus III might be a little faster than sriver fx, and I hated TFSP, but how much faster is bryce or bryce FX than sriver FX? I've used EL, but I think FX has more feeling which is what i like. Is bryce fx the same comparison to normal bryce? thanks.  
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 4:16pm
Hey all, if we're gonna do something in our signature to show this, I just gotta throw out there that i think it should be some other word for club or clan, since those are used already.
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2008 at 6:43pm
I've posted a review on OOAKT. take a look when the site is up again. however, ive never seen a good acoustic or violin review...
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2008 at 1:06am
Originally posted by yuna yuna wrote:

Yuna reporting ! :D

i have a 07 King & 08 King. like what peter has mentioned. 07 is softer than 08.

both of my H.King are flare & serial no starts with the ' I ' letter. i also tot its prob for International

mkt while the ' C ' serial is for China mkt.

i find Bryce a bit too firm for the BH while Bryce FX is abt there. i also suggest Narucross EX soft from Nittaku.

i have tried it on my fren's blade & liked it beri much. intend to buy one to put on my other King blade

which has Nodias on it.

Picture please,thx
2017 (update)
ViS
Fh:TauI Bh: Mxs

Firefall

FH : Mantra H BH: Razanter R50
yuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2008 at 1:40am
This is my 2007 King. have change the BH rubber from focus2 (too hard) to Bryce FX

Viscaria Tiffany
T-05
T-64
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2008 at 2:11am
Many thx.Yuna
You have more pic.
2017 (update)
ViS

Firefall

yuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2008 at 2:21am
this is the other pic i took. interesting fascination wz H.King pics, u have.

Viscaria Tiffany
T-05
T-64
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2008 at 5:03pm
the blade looks so tiny in that last picture
yuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2008 at 11:31pm
LOL ... LOL .....now tat u mentioned, it does look smaller than it actually is in real life. ...

i think its due to my big hands, the 28 mm canon 850i lens & angle taken.
Viscaria Tiffany
T-05
T-64
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2008 at 12:59am
My HK and Tenergy 05 BH  news rubber (Buy 9/8/08)

2017 (update)
ViS

Firefall

DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2008 at 4:07am
Very nice looking blade. How does the Tenergy play with the HK? because i love Tenergy and may try the HK if its worth the money.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2008 at 4:56pm
its wierd. my Hurricane King has that yellow curv on the other side. yours is on the right side of the handle, mine is on the left side.

i dont think its fake. i got it from haggisv. so what is it?
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic