Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amultart vs Mizutani Jun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JohnDoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amultart vs Mizutani Jun
    Posted: 11/07/2008 at 11:16pm
Hi guys,

First off, I'd just like to say that I'm new here and this is my first post.  Its nice to be here.

That being said, I'm 23 years old and have been playing ping pong for nearly a decade now.  I've gone through many many blades and am looking to try out the new ZL blades from Butterfly, specifically the first two in the line: the Amultart and the Mizutani Jun.  Both have gotten good reviews, but before I drop $100+ I'm really looking to find a good comparison between how they play with Tenergy 05 on both sides.

A little about myself:  Like I said I've played with just about every type of blade from most of the major manufacturers and haven't really had a complaint with most of them.  I'm not very picky with equipment, and firmly believe that anybody can play well with any blade/rubber if he/she has sound fundamentals and mechanics.  After about a week or two of playing a lot with a blade, I can generally make adjustments so that I can play my kind of game with the blade with no complaints.  I tend to be a very offensive minded player.  I use a lot of variety on my serve (speed, spin, placement), with speed being most important to me, followed by placement.  I like to play offensively from all distances (close, mid, long).  My forehand loop is probably my best offensive shot, and I have great control over its placement.  I like to hit that shot with very heavy topspin and little side spin whatsoever.  On the backhand side, I have better mechanics than on my forehand side, better control, I generate better topspin, but possess less power.  I also have a better grasp and willingness to use side spin on my backhand shots.  I do a lot of blocking as well, on both forehand and backhand sides.  The one thing I avoid at all costs is hitting underspin (or chopping).  I only do it when I am feeling cornered, or if the opponent hits a great underspin shot of his/her own that I can loop back.  Finally, when the opportunity presents itself, I smash away to kill a point.

The Butterfly blades I currently use most are Schlager Carbon, Michael Maze, Viscaria, and Firehand.  They have either Bryce or Sriver rubbers attached.

I think that both of these blades can give me what I'm looking for, but just want to hear a few things from you guys before I commit to buying one with Tenergy 05 on both sides.   So would either suit my style more than the other?  Thank you.
Sponsored Links

JohnDoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 3:26am
Any help is greatly appreciated.  I see that a few people like MJ with Tenergy 05, but anybody using/try Amultart with Tenergy 05?  If using Tenergy 05, is there really any difference between the two?
JohnDoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 3:36am
Forgot to mention one more thing:  Butterfly labels both the Amultart and Mizutani Jun as hard feeling and Off+ blades.  Can someone who has used both comment on that please, is it accurate?
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 3:48am
Tenergy on Mizutani is slower, better control and dwell time for looping than Amultart.
chuakimsiang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuakimsiang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 4:19am
I have good spin and speed as well as control with tenergy both side on my mizutani jun. I've not used Amultart before so i cant comment on it. Its one of the best control/offensive weapon that i've come across or have used.
Butterfly : Mizutani Jun. & Tenergy 05.
Backup:
Andro Kinetic CF Carbo-Aramid OFF. & Tenergy 05.
JohnDoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 5:37am
Is Tenergy on Mizutani Jun still very fast?  Is there a significant difference with regard to control and speed when compared to the Amultart blade?  Butterfly basically labels the two blades with pretty much the same speed and control rating, which makes no sense to me.  
chuakimsiang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuakimsiang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 9:10am
Originally posted by JohnDoe JohnDoe wrote:

Is Tenergy on Mizutani Jun still very fast?  Is there a significant difference with regard to control and speed when compared to the Amultart blade?  Butterfly basically labels the two blades with pretty much the same speed and control rating, which makes no sense to me.  

i have heard from ppl using maze saying that mizutani is a faster version of maze so generally tenergy on mizu shd still b fast based on other people's assumption.
I've not used amultart so i cant comment sorry.
Butterfly : Mizutani Jun. & Tenergy 05.
Backup:
Andro Kinetic CF Carbo-Aramid OFF. & Tenergy 05.
ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2010 at 12:13pm
hey guys,i would like to ask if MJ(blade) with tenergy 64 on FH and tenergy 05-FX on BH is OK.or maybe MJ with tenergy 05-FX on FH and tenergy 64 on BH,or maybe like Mizutani's setup,MJ with tenergy 64 on both sides.i play abit like Mizutani,i play at mid-distance,but sometime i play close to the table,so which setup is best for me?
ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 8:52pm
hey guys,is tenergy 64 on amultart BH is ok?or tenergy 05 on BH is better?
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 11:01pm
go for the mizutani, for sure..... better feeling and control..... even if its a faction slower, its just better!!

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 11:12pm
haha,i already have the mizutani,juz dat i wanna collect the amultart,once again,is tenergy 64 on bh or tenergy 05 on bh better on the amultart?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 2:42am
one quick question:
did you think about designing your own blade and ask the blade maker what you want with precision?
ianworz will help you.
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 7:15am

"The Butterfly blades I currently use most are Schlager Carbon, Michael Maze, Viscaria, and Firehand."

The Amultart is like the Schlager and the Mizutani is like the Maze and to a lesser extent Viscaria.  The ZLC offers a more damped kind of vibration and offers a marginally higher dwell time.  Thats all there is to it.  If I had the other 3 I'd find buying these extremely redundant.

ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 11:25pm
Hi guys,could you please compare MJ,IN ZLC and IN ALC for me please?In terms of serving,looping,blocking and counter-looping.Thanks
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2010 at 12:00am
I am sure somebody will get right on that for you. Patience.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2010 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Of course. After all, there are tons of players who have all of Butterfly super overpriced blades in their garage - Photino, Amultart, entire TB series including of course the Premium Edition (how can one not have that?) of T5000, entire InnerForce series, Innershield (how come they have just one? come on, that's not even funny), JM, Ishlion, Gergely Alpha, Holy Crown (no flak from Vatican on this one? no?),... have I forgotten anything? Wink
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2010 at 3:46pm
the mizutani jun is very fast, but not WAY too fast. it really is a great blade. i definitely would not recommend the amultart, it is just too much in all departments. it really is a huge jump in between the two. if youre set on trying a high end butterfly with zylon, then get the mizutani or the innerforce zlc for sure. they are both -extremely- similar, and if you feel like youre up to it, they both feel VERY good with tenergy 64 and 05 (BUT WAY TOO FAST!)
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2010 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by walleyeguy7 walleyeguy7 wrote:

the mizutani jun is very fast, but not WAY too fast. it really is a great blade. i definitely would not recommend the amultart, it is just too much in all departments. it really is a huge jump in between the two. if youre set on trying a high end butterfly with zylon, then get the mizutani or the innerforce zlc for sure. they are both -extremely- similar, and if you feel like youre up to it, they both feel VERY good with tenergy 64 and 05 (BUT WAY TOO FAST!)

+1
debraj has an innerforce ZLC for sale for $100. It's a realy good deal and I am thinking about getting it to backup my MJ.

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2010 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Of course. After all, there are tons of players who have all of Butterfly super overpriced blades in their garage - Photino, Amultart, entire TB series including of course the Premium Edition (how can one not have that?) of T5000, entire InnerForce series, Innershield (how come they have just one? come on, that's not even funny), JM, Ishlion, Gergely Alpha, Holy Crown (no flak from Vatican on this one? no?),... have I forgotten anything? Wink

+1 JimT I have most of them but not all and not doubles. I will now go into a corner and hang my head in shameEmbarrassed
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic