FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku KASUMI BASIC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku KASUMI BASIC
    Posted: 12/10/2009 at 12:07pm
Has anyone played with this blade? According to Paddlepalace, this blade is the Best Seller in Japan and is growing because of the well balanced of offense and control of the blade. Sounds interesting. Could someone please compare it to other wood blade such as Acoustic, HK, Petr Korbel, Clipper, OC Cr....? Since they're all wood so i think it's easier to compare. The price is good too. THanks
Sponsored Links

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 12:18pm
Kasumic Basic is a very good controllable blade.  Great for looping at closed to the table but not enough power from mid distance or third zone.  It is also slower than all of the blades you mentioned above.

Since you have played HK before, you might not like this one due to its slow speed.

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 12:22pm
Med speed, not the one-and-done kind of blade but more than enough speed. 
Soft wood.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 12:33pm
thanks you two. Hard to decide:). I like HK and Tenor but they're too expensive. I often hit blade at the table from practice from service so I always need to buy a 2nd one. Can't afford expensive blades
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 12:45pm

It's a good blade. Well balanced.

There's nothing wrong using a blade named after a 16 yrs old girl but it seems weird to me.
I bought for my student(11 yrs old girl) and tried it a few minutes.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 12:47pm
thanks
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 1:31pm
kasumi basic???

who on earth comes up with these names??  ishikawa kasumi can't possibly be happy with that name, that is, assuming she knows enough english to know what "basic" means?

is that a statement on what butterfly thinks her level (or status) is??
Tomii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 1:37pm
i think the name should reflect the blade's properties not the player's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Rtenkmt6M

Self-made video please watch and comment
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 1:39pm
do you work for butterfly??Big%20smile

that sounds like something they would say!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 5:34pm
any other comparisons?
ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 7:08pm
the blade is really very basic, control is the thing it has.

but the touch (during strokes) of the blade is very special. u can feel that the 1st layer of the blade is harder than the inner core layers which provide a little speed/power.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 7:21pm

Erika, if i undersntood it right, the blade is not that special you meant? Beside it's having great control, the speed and power is very little? Thanks

ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 7:29pm
yea that nothing much special of this blade, only the touch which is very different from other blades
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 7:33pm
thanks. No wonder it's not that expensive. The conclusion is most good blades are expensive such as Amultart... way too expensive .
ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 7:44pm
it may not be no good, provided that u hav the power, for the people who loves to play short games will like this blade
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by ocvillager ocvillager wrote:

thanks. No wonder it's not that expensive. The conclusion is most good blades are expensive such as Amultart... way too expensive .

Amultart is worth every penny to me!
Even though I only owned two blades which are TBS and Amultart but I tried hitting with few also such as mazanov, some stiga and yasaka before.. nothing feels like Amultart.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 9:14pm
It's not even funny that kasumi herself uses HK...
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

kasumi basic???

who on earth comes up with these names??  ishikawa kasumi can't possibly be happy with that name, that is, assuming she knows enough english to know what "basic" means?

May be the word "basic" means something differently in Japanese? and some meaning got lost in the translation? Do you read Japanese?
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 10:38am
Originally posted by spitfire spitfire wrote:

Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

kasumi basic???

May be the word "basic" means something differently in Japanese? and some meaning got lost in the translation? Do you read Japanese?

no and yes, to certain extent--the japanese write mostly or at least 50% in chinese (which i can't read), but foreign (non-chinese) words like "basic" are written in "japanese."

now, i dunno about you, but i wouldn't want a racket named after me with the word "basic" in the name!!  would you??  would you be proud of a racket called the "the spitfire basic--the best racket for all you noobs out there?"

y'know, assuming she understands the word, she's probably asking herself, "why they named a "basic" racket after me and not my teammates? where's the 'mizutani basic?'  or the 'fukuhara basic?'
or the 'matsudaira basic?' or the 'yoshida kaii basic?' or whatever?"

now, y'know, i'm not even half-serious with this, cuz they had to get her permission first before using her name on the racket, but maybe to sell her on it, they told a little white lie and said, "oh, we're just starting off with the 'basic' version first, and after that one takes off, we'll come out with the 'kasumi advanced' later!"
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2011 at 2:01am
Why would Nittaku have deliberately chosen a bad-selling name? I suppose they thought it was a good name. Then again, not knowing Japanese, I understand nothing about most Nittaku names.

But the real reason why I'm digging out this thread is to ask if somebody played with Kasumi Basic recently. I'm curious to read some more impressions.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 5:00pm
Here is a link to frogger's review of KB.

--

I recently realised, when I got to try a Donic "Waldner Offensiv 2016" (DWO) (special edition JO-shape) that its structure and thickness, as well as those of Donic Waldner Dicon and Avalox Blue Thunder 555, are very similar to Kasumi Basic, so I'm surprised that KB did not get more love/attention.

Somewhat off-topic, I think that DWO is a great blade for a developing player and quite inexpensive, too. My only gripe is the oval ST handle, which just doesn't feel right in my hand (though it allows for more freedom of grip variations with respect to squared ST handles).
Join the Nexy Clan!
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 9:43pm

It's a really nice blade Off- class. A lot like BTY Primorac just a slight tic faster. Handles are small. A lot of Nittaku blades handles are small. See my review posted a few years back. :)
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2017 at 10:20am
Hello frogger,
thanks. I'd seen your review, this is why I linked it in my previous post.

Sad to hear that the handles are on the small-ish (more like regular Violin/Acoustic, I suppose) rather than Violin/Acoustic LG, Tenor, or Latika, I suppose.
If this is the case, then I suppose I'm still better off with my Donic Waldner Offensiv 2016, which has an oval cross-section ST handle, but at least it's regular-size. The construction of the two blades is about the same.

Join the Nexy Clan!
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 8:15pm
My friend uses Kasumi Basic + Tenergy 05 both sides.

That set up has excellent control with enough power reserve to blast the ball.   By the way, Kasumi Basic is another version of Primorac and Korbel.  I would say its speed is in the middle of the two.
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

My friend uses Kasumi Basic + Tenergy 05 both sides.

That set up has excellent control with enough power reserve to blast the ball.   By the way, Kasumi Basic is another version of Primorac and Korbel.  I would say its speed is in the middle of the two.

Are the plies in Kasumi Basic same as regular Korbel / Primorac ?

Edited by Snakefish - 05/08/2017 at 9:51pm
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Are the plies in Kasumi Basic same as regular Korbel / Primorac ?

No,
Korbel and Primorac are LLALL
Kasumi Basic is LSASL

L=Limba; A=Ayous; S=Spruce

Join the Nexy Clan!
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 11:46pm
@argo

I might recall differently, but Kasumi Basic is indeed LLALL.   No spruce.

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2017 at 12:41am
I see. I recall having read it was a thinner and regular sized Latika, but I've never seen one.
Join the Nexy Clan!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic