FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Chinese forehand Vs. Euro forehand?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 1:37am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Most of the Chinese coaches won't even let you loop until you have almost completely mastered the basic FH/BH countering to a certain degree. 

That's correct.  Smile  Unfortunately, most players in the U.S. never got properly instructions how to loop after they become fairly efficient at countering back and forth...

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

Sponsored Links

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 1:50am
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Most of the Chinese coaches won't even let you loop until you have almost completely mastered the basic FH/BH countering to a certain degree. 

That's correct.  Smile  Unfortunately, most players in the U.S. never got properly instructions how to loop after they become fairly efficient at countering back and forth...

Oh I get it, you're actually talking about learning the loop AFTER mastering the counter. In that case I completely agree with learning the legs/waist first since you already know the correct arm movement anyways...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 2:34am
Basic fh/bh counter teaches you a lot for feeling the ball - to make those micro-adjustments.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 2:36am
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

Basic fh/bh counter teaches you a lot for feeling the ball - to make those micro-adjustments.

+1
-------
Viscaria

GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 7:40am

Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

+1

And is usually easier to counter attack, especially off an opening loop.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
tomtat92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomtat92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by TTFrenzy TTFrenzy wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by tomtat92 tomtat92 wrote:

The pro´s is better because they are using there muscle in the optimal way. So why should i not be better if i can use my body in the same way as the Chinese players? All our bodies is looking almost the same, but the diffrens how we use them is huge, especially in table tennis. For example top runners, swimmers, cyclists are all using almost the same technique because they have find the best way of using the body to get the maximum out of the it. Why should it not be the same in table tennis? The chineses is dominating table tennis, and almost all of them is using their body in a similar way. Why should not the europeans look more on the chinese and try to understand their technique and see what benefits you earn from it? I dont think the chinese is better beause they train more, I think they are better because the have a more natural, effective bodymotion that allowe them to have quicker reflexes, faster footwork, and generally more spin, power and controll. Their knowledge about how the body works is the key to succes. Why should I not copy good technique from the best table tennisplayer, when runners is copying good technique from Usain Bolt? 

Because

1) you may lack the athletic ability of Usain Bolt.
2) You may lack a special skill/trait that Usain Bolt has that makes his technique right for him (his long legs, for example).
3) You may misunderstand what goes into what Usain Bolt does and get injured going it.
4) Usain Bolt has access to professional coaching which helps regulate his errors that you do not have.
5) Usain Bolt has a training regimen that optimizes his body to his style and you don't know that regimen and have not optimized your body.
6) there may be small details that you may not see while copying Bolt.
7) Usain Bolt has to be world class - you may not have to be world class to get the results you desire.
8) You may be too old to put yourself through the stress that Usain Bolt puts his body through.

Optimal means optimal way for them and i you are similar to them, go for it.

Usually, to get a better forehand/backhand, get a coach who can work you through the errors given your goals or learn from a detailed video by a good player.  If you can surmount all the above difficulties (and there may be others unlisted), by all means, copy world class technique.  I have enjoyed learning from players and building my loop which uses no knees. and mostly wrist and arm action.  Does it have elements of a WLQ loop?  Sure, because all successful technique has similar physics.  But small things like how you grip your paddle might affect how a pro loops and if you don't know these things, you will be fairly lost.

my point exactly ! if Ma Long's or Ma lin's FH is suitable for your playstyle tomtat then go for it . But remember that you will have to have great physical condition and years of experience and practice to support the technique of such large FH strokes . 

Dont just mimic the best players , but copy them in a way that improves YOU as a player . There will be no 2nd ma long or ma lin or wang liqin . Every player is unique. Cheers

In a year I have been studying Ma Longs technique because I was very intrested to know how it would feels to play like Ma Long. Under this year of exploration and researching I have learnd so much about table tennis, how the body works, and how I can use my new knowledge in tabletennis in meny other sports like Handball, swimming, Athletics etc. 

I have been struggling a lot under this year, losing to meny bad players, lost my confident totaly because of my technique changing, meny missunderstandings about the how the technique should be, learning the wrong technique, meny peoples who thought I should go back to my normal style, and so on. 

But here and then I got true insights about the technique. I understood which grip i should use, how I should use my legs, waist. I understood how much importans the left shoulders and arm has to be able to have a stable upperbody, and make the rotation in waist much faster and in a more natural motion for the body. A stable body is the most important thing if you are searching for controll in your game.  Ma Long is outstanding in this I think. 

When im playing now, I always know why I miss and how I did that perfect shot. I can always correct myself and it gives me big confidence. Last month I have always been on top every training, every match, because I know how to be on top technicaly. Tierdness is the only treat against a good training session. 

I didn't thought it was possible for me to feel a bit what Ma Long feels when he plays, but atm i think i do so. I feel the controll, power from both wings, I can feel a bit of the quickness of Ma long and ZJK backhand counter, the big natural forehand swing with also fast recovery. And a much faster footwork. 

Im so glad I tried to understand the chinese technique and what benefits it gives me compared to my old playingstyle. Belive it or not but I think Ma Long has the easiet technique of all players. 

Edited by tomtat92 - 12/22/2012 at 1:02pm
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 3:30pm
yeap im glad for you mate , and all of these technical difficulties on technique changes are totally worth it . I suppose ma long has the "easiest" technique in terms of spinning the ball at maximum spin and speed , but when it comes in terms of training u need extremely good body & leg balance footwork and correct/explosive upper body motion to achieve stroke like ma long's with consistency . So its not as "Easy" as it seems !

my TT blog!

Join & follow my TT blog ! Mental and Physi
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 3:53pm

In a year I have been studying Ma Longs technique because I was very intrested to know how it would feels to play like Ma Long. Under this year of exploration and researching I have learnd so much about table tennis, how the body works, and how I can use my new knowledge in tabletennis in meny other sports like Handball, swimming, Athletics etc. 

I have been struggling a lot under this year, losing to meny bad players, lost my confident totaly because of my technique changing, meny missunderstandings about the how the technique should be, learning the wrong technique, meny peoples who thought I should go back to my normal style, and so on. 

But here and then I got true insights about the technique. I understood which grip i should use, how I should use my legs, waist. I understood how much importans the left shoulders and arm has to be able to have a stable upperbody, and make the rotation in waist much faster and in a more natural motion for the body. A stable body is the most important thing if you are searching for controll in your game.  Ma Long is outstanding in this I think. 

When im playing now, I always know why I miss and how I did that perfect shot. I can always correct myself and it gives me big confidence. Last month I have always been on top every training, every match, because I know how to be on top technicaly. Tierdness is the only treat against a good training session. 

I didn't thought it was possible for me to feel a bit what Ma Long feels when he plays, but atm i think i do so. I feel the controll, power from both wings, I can feel a bit of the quickness of Ma long and ZJK backhand counter, the big natural forehand swing with also fast recovery. And a much faster footwork. 

Im so glad I tried to understand the chinese technique and what benefits it gives me compared to my old playingstyle. Belive it or not but I think Ma Long has the easiet technique of all players. 

Happy it worked for you - you sound like a pretty fit and athletic guy.  Me, I started playing tournament level a year and 5 months ago in terms of training/playing regularly at a club.  My knees are worse, my back has a herniated disc and my arthritis still annoys me.  So I admire Ma Long's loop, but I know that that level of movement and bent knees is not in my future.

Thankfully, I could loop on my backhand long from the very first day I started hitting so I have contented myself that if my forehand loop gets as good as my backhand loop, I will be satisfied.  In practice, it's far more powerful, far less consistent, but still something I am proud of.  

That's the one good thing about the USATT system - it lets you know when you are making marginal improvements.  That forehand is getting me a few more points now that it didn't get me before.

And if I get tired of looping, I will switch to pips - I've discovered that anything that helps your mental approach to the game helps your overall technique in the long term.  Just hope I have the time.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2013 at 9:22am

Originally posted by TTFrenzy TTFrenzy wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The pro´s is better because they are using there muscle in the optimal way. So why should i not be better if i can use my body in the same way as the Chinese players? All our bodies is looking almost the same, but the diffrens how we use them is huge, especially in table tennis. For example top runners, swimmers, cyclists are all using almost the same technique because they have find the best way of using the body to get the maximum out of the it. Why should it not be the same in table tennis? The chineses is dominating table tennis, and almost all of them is using their body in a similar way. Why should not the europeans look more on the chinese and try to understand their technique and see what benefits you earn from it? I dont think the chinese is better beause they train more, I think they are better because the have a more natural, effective bodymotion that allowe them to have quicker reflexes, faster footwork, and generally more spin, power and controll. Their knowledge about how the body works is the key to succes. Why should I not copy good technique from the best table tennisplayer, when runners is copying good technique from Usain Bolt? 

Because
1) you may lack the athletic ability of Usain Bolt.
2) You may lack a special skill/trait that Usain Bolt has that makes his technique right for him (his long legs, for example).
3) You may misunderstand what goes into what Usain Bolt does and get injured going it.
4) Usain Bolt has access to professional coaching which helps regulate his errors that you do not have.
5) Usain Bolt has a training regimen that optimizes his body to his style and you don't know that regimen and have not optimized your body.
6) there may be small details that you may not see while copying Bolt.
7) Usain Bolt has to be world class - you may not have to be world class to get the results you desire.
8) You may be too old to put yourself through the stress that Usain Bolt puts his body through.
Optimal means optimal way for them and i you are similar to them, go for it.
Usually, to get a better forehand/backhand, get a coach who can work you through the errors given your goals or learn from a detailed video by a good player.  If you can surmount all the above difficulties (and there may be others unlisted), by all means, copy world class technique.  I have enjoyed learning from players and building my loop which uses no knees. and mostly wrist and arm action.  Does it have elements of a WLQ loop?  Sure, because all successful technique has similar physics.  But small things like how you grip your paddle might affect how a pro loops and if you don't know these things, you will be fairly lost.

my point exactly ! if Ma Long's or Ma lin's FH is suitable for your playstyle tomtat then go for it . But remember that you will have to have great physical condition and years of experience and practice to support the technique of such large FH strokes . 
Dont just mimic the best players , but copy them in a way that improves YOU as a player . There will be no 2nd ma long or ma lin or wang liqin . Every player is unique. Cheers

I guess you use a sticky topsheet since your using ma long technique ?
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2013 at 9:32am

This is interesting.

Do you have a video of your sessions? You made me really curious.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Tao Li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tao Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2013 at 11:27pm
personally, different training system 
Tao Li
www.tabletennistaoli.com
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2013 at 4:10am
Comparing TT to Running is just not applicable ( Copying Usain Bolt) technique is only a part of Table tennis, there are so many other factors that go in to making a top player. There can be two players with exactly the same technique, but one is far better than the other. Copying the top Chinese players won't work for other nations because they don't have the numbers to work with, Chinese players are the cream of the cream of the cream, other nations only have the cream x1. 
In History the very few times the Chinese have been beaten ( Hungary Sweden) it was because the opponents were playing differently, not copying.
 England has had a Chinese head coach for about 15 yrs now (Jia Yi Lui) and regularly has sent players to train in China, no sign of any Ma Longs yet, I wonder why?
 Back to the history lesson, against the Hungarians, the Chinese were the fittest fastest most agile players on the planet, but they lost simply because the could not cope with the heavy Glue powered topspin of Jonyer, Gergely and Klampar, what did they do about it? they tried to adapt their own style of play to cope using LP combination hitters to counteract the topspin, but were again beaten by the Swedes who had upped the game by taking the ball earlier and with more power. This time they Changed tack and adopted the more 'Euro style' led by Kong Ling Hui, and have gradually become more dominant, using the huge pyramid base of players to perfect the modern style of play. Its impossible to Copy China, but when China copies, beware.
The Older I get, The better I was.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2013 at 10:21am

Ditto here in Korea. It is all about FH to FH a gazillion times without a lot of spin close to the table at a fast tempo. U1000 USATT level players can bang it back and forth 50-100x and they are not yet learning the loop. Coaches all got a system and stick to it with a gazillion multi and single ball drills.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Comparing TT to Running is just not applicable ( Copying Usain Bolt) technique is only a part of Table tennis, there are so many other factors that go in to making a top player. There can be two players with exactly the same technique, but one is far better than the other. Copying the top Chinese players won't work for other nations because they don't have the numbers to work with, Chinese players are the cream of the cream of the cream, other nations only have the cream x1. 
In History the very few times the Chinese have been beaten ( Hungary Sweden) it was because the opponents were playing differently, not copying.
 England has had a Chinese head coach for about 15 yrs now (Jia Yi Lui) and regularly has sent players to train in China, no sign of any Ma Longs yet, I wonder why?
 Back to the history lesson, against the Hungarians, the Chinese were the fittest fastest most agile players on the planet, but they lost simply because the could not cope with the heavy Glue powered topspin of Jonyer, Gergely and Klampar, what did they do about it? they tried to adapt their own style of play to cope using LP combination hitters to counteract the topspin, but were again beaten by the Swedes who had upped the game by taking the ball earlier and with more power. This time they Changed tack and adopted the more 'Euro style' led by Kong Ling Hui, and have gradually become more dominant, using the huge pyramid base of players to perfect the modern style of play. Its impossible to Copy China, but when China copies, beware.

Good summary, basically you can't out-China China, you have to out innovate China.

There are a couple of things that frustrate me when I hear people complain about not being able to beat China because of China's number of players / system / bla bla:

1. It has been done before, albeit not very often.

2. I could be wrong, but China seems to be pushing the envelope the hardest on developing new styles and techniques while other nations appear to be resigned to their fate (perhaps a mistaken perception on my part)

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2013 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Ditto here in Korea. It is all about FH to FH a gazillion times without a lot of spin close to the table at a fast tempo. U1000 USATT level players can bang it back and forth 50-100x and they are not yet learning the loop. Coaches all got a system and stick to it with a gazillion multi and single ball drills.

That is indeed quite funny, i thought that it would be quite easy to progress to looping once the countering is at a good level, just add more brushing and more leg/waist action. 

However, that said, I do have encountered many players who can counter like madmen in practice but can't manage to loop a single one of my long fast serves during matches...
-------
Viscaria

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2013 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by ttTurkey ttTurkey wrote:

Good summary, basically you can't out-China China, you have to out innovate China.

There are a couple of things that frustrate me when I hear people complain about not being able to beat China because of China's number of players / system / bla bla:

1. It has been done before, albeit not very often.

2. I could be wrong, but China seems to be pushing the envelope the hardest on developing new styles and techniques while other nations appear to be resigned to their fate (perhaps a mistaken perception on my part)

I really could not have put both points better myself, I also think that the gradual tightening up of equipment regulations over the last 20 years has made an innovation based on equipment far less likely, the main future innovations will have to be technique based, making it most likely that they will come from China anyway ( so everyone else is copying) meaning we are likely to see even more of a Chinese dominance.
The Older I get, The better I was.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2014 at 7:05pm
CH vs EU also has a lot to do with the type of rubbers used on the FH while developing strokes and technique. The sticky rubbers a la H3 require a certain stroke, which is more full. The friction based Japanese and German rubbers, in general, are more forgiving. 
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2014 at 11:58pm
chinese loop is so slow but i like it more because it feels like im doing the work and when i get a good one it feels great

question is how can i loop and counterloop faster using the body is slow but powerful
butterfly Timo Boll spirit

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2014 at 2:05am
This is absolutely NOT a myth - Chinese work harder at technique, and they also work more efficiently.

A Chinese practice session would mean practising 1 stroke for 3 hours - first the stroke vs a flat ball, then the same stroke applied to a topspin and then the same stroke applied to a chop. No matter what stroke it is. 

This is at intermediate level - at beginner it would be 1 month vs flat ball only then move on...

Chinese also disect play more - one small movement at a time, you may for example have learnt topspin (loop) - then when they teach you to flick the wrist at the end to add some sidespin - it means flicking your wrist for the next 3 hours... 

They do not mix techniques in the same day - unless all techniques have been already mastered and we are talking about top level players.

They often have re-calibration days focussed on only 1 aspect (for example chop) where they work on it because they notice slight decline in performance, OR simply because they want to change slightly their style of hitting that stroke to stay one step ahead of the opponent.

Training is daily.

What more does one want for training harder at technique - they often don't even play or simulate match situations much. They focus on the letters, and very rarely on the words - Europeans try to form sentences right away.

Forget Chinese living abroad - when the reality of living in a country which has a higher cost of living effects your lifestyle and they cannot be so meticulous anymore, or even worse Chinese born abroad with mixed mentalities. I mean Chinese living in China.

I think that the biggest myth is that Chinese somehow work harder at technique, so being 'superior' It is true though that the pyramid is China is bigger, so they get more of a cream coming through.
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2014 at 2:21am
I think recent rule changes were all in favour of the rest of the world, and were partly aimed at trying to curb Chinese dominance.

1) the ball is bigger - favouring more power
2) no speed glue - favouring Euro Rubbers
3) No hiding services - an area where Chinese excelled and were unequalled. The difference between efficiency of the serve has been reduced.
4) set of 11 as opposed to 21 - giving more frequent breaks, reducing role of pure fitness, and most of all not allowing a Chinese to have 5 consecutive demolarising services against their opponents. 

I think it is hard to argue that any of these changes favour the Chinese, however they actually adapted to the changes and keep flourishing.

[/QUOTE]
 I really could not have put both points better myself, I also think that the gradual tightening up of equipment regulations over the last 20 years has made an innovation based on equipment far less likely, the main future innovations will have to be technique based, making it most likely that they will come from China anyway ( so everyone else is copying) meaning we are likely to see even more of a Chinese dominance.
[/QUOTE]
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2014 at 7:11am
my coach who have trained in china twice told me that kids wake up at 5am and do their shadow practice while making faint sounds ala kung fu style. these kids already have good basics yet they still practice their shadow drills. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by boaspirit boaspirit wrote:

. . . question is how can i loop and counterloop faster using the body is slow but powerful

I second that question!
zephyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2014 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

. . . question is how can i loop and counterloop faster using the body is slow but powerful

I second that question!

It's all about timing.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2014 at 2:55pm
 . . . . "It's all about timing."

I recently switched back to a Chinese rubber (H3 Neo) on FH and the timing is much different. Yesterday, Tuco observed during a match that my body was way out in front of my arm/stroke. I lost 1 - 3 to a 1650 level player who I usually beat.

Edited by tommyzai - 02/20/2014 at 2:56pm
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2014 at 1:39am
contact is early when playing against chopper, against topspin its in front of the body.

but the problem is after chinese loop its hard to recover for next shot thats the problem

Edited by boaspirit - 02/21/2014 at 1:40am

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2014 at 2:03am

contact is early when playing against chopper
Keh?
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2014 at 2:23am
Originally posted by DDreamer DDreamer wrote:

Keh?

sorry i meant off the bounce, lol early sounds kinda weird

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2014 at 2:29am

Keh?

sorry i meant off the bounce

Keh?!
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2014 at 2:33am

Keh?

sorry i meant off the bounce

Keh?!

whats up with you? trying to spam?

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2014 at 2:41am
No spamming - I just don't understand. You loop off the bounce against chop?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic