Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review: Xiom Vega Europe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 12:49pm
Another thing I should mention- Vega Euro now becomes very slow after 30-40 hours of play. That makes it much harder to put away the ball. But topsheet grip is still there.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
Sponsored Links

tomaca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 2:25pm
whether someone could compare Europe with Bryce FX
louisc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

I think a lot of the sound comes from the soft sponge and tall pips, rather than some kind of manufacturing treatment that leaves a rubber brittle.

As for durability, last week I hit the table and splintered the edge of my blade but Vega Euro was not even scuffed. I also noticed the topsheet was durable when I was cutting the rubber. And it doesn't crumble off when impacted like Tenergy.

Can you tell something about long term durability.Some say that after week one you can notite a signifigant reduction of spin??????
Timo Boll ALC ST

FH:Tenergy 05 2.1 Black

BH:Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by louisc louisc wrote:

I think a lot of the sound comes from the soft sponge and tall pips, rather than some kind of manufacturing treatment that leaves a rubber brittle.

As for durability, last week I hit the table and splintered the edge of my blade but Vega Euro was not even scuffed. I also noticed the topsheet was durable when I was cutting the rubber. And it doesn't crumble off when impacted like Tenergy.

Can you tell something about long term durability.Some say that after week one you can notite a signifigant reduction of spin??????

Vega rubbers lose some of their surface grip after a few weeks. But Euro is overall soft enough that it keeps a good mechanical spin for its lifetime.

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by louisc louisc wrote:

Vega rubbers lose some of their surface grip after a few weeks. But Euro is overall soft enough that it keeps a good mechanical spin for its lifetime.

I've heard that, but I've also heard that the top sheet can be easily "revitalized" by a drop of paraffin oil being spread on and soaked in. I haven't had to do it yet, but if I notice a drop in grip then I'll give it a shot.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 10:35pm
I've used Vega Europe for some months now and like it. Nice and soft, quite spinny, good throw, reasonably good glue effect, quite durable (except it can tear easily around the edges). Ideal for good loopers.
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2011 at 10:46am
I've been using this on my backhand for the last week or so. Red 2.0.

I was using Dawei ULQ 2.0 before (excellent control + decent speed and spin but a little too slow). After that, I briefly played with a Max Xiom Asia (too fast for me at this point).

Going back to Xiom Europe. Not sure about the soft sponge + soft top sheet combination. Not much adjustment on loops, serves and push. Blocks is a totally different thing. I can't control this rubber when I am blocking. It seems to react too much to incoming spin. I actually have to be a little bit more aggressive i.e. a little bit of brush or punch.

I will stay on this rubber for another week. If it still behaves the same, I might just go back to ULQ.

The search for my backhand rubber continues.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2013 at 8:52pm
Is there a difference between how the red and the black Vega Euro's play?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2013 at 6:07am
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

Is there a difference between how the red and the black Vega Euro's play?

No. 

Unless I am mistaken, black top sheets have a tiny bit of extra grip. This is because top sheets are naturally black and they are dyed red so a trivial amount of grip is lost during the dying process. At least, that's what my friend told me. But this doesn't really matter imo. 
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 4:41am

Hello everybody. 

Could someone advice me. I want to use Vega Europe for BH on my Acoustic but I am a bit worried is it going to play on my blade since it is quite hard. The second issue is thickness of the rubber. I am choosing between 2.0 and max. 

I mostly use BH for drives and block but want to develop top spins from close to the table distance. 

Thank you in advance. 

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 5:05am
^
Go with Vega Asia or Omega Asia
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 5:37am
Vega Europe isn't "quite hard".

If that is quite hard for you... then.......
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 9:40am
I meant my blade is quite hard. Upper layer is koto. 
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

Hello everybody.

Could someone advice me. I want to use Vega Europe for BH on my Acoustic but I am a bit worried is it going to play on my blade since it is quite hard. The second issue is thickness of the rubber. I am choosing between 2.0 and max.

I mostly use BH for drives and block but want to develop top spins from close to the table distance.

Thank you in advance.

I have Vega Europe on my backhand with an acoustic. They go very well together.

Edited by Toprank - 05/27/2013 at 11:04am
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 12:00pm

what is the thickness? 

I am planning to get 2.0 

want more control. Hope it won't be too slow

JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 12:53pm
If you are mostly looping on backhand, you should not be disappointed with the XVE 2.0. 
However, something like Rakza 7 Soft in that case might be a better choice.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2013 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

what is the thickness? 

I am planning to get 2.0 

want more control. Hope it won't be too slow

It is 2.0 actually. Not too slow. Very good control and spin.
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2013 at 4:21am

Thinking about FH now)) 

How about Genius Max or 2.0 on FH  or better Omega 4 Europe? or maybe another option of Xiom. But weight is essential for me. Want to decrease the weight. 

My game mostly close to the table with FH loops. Wink

Thank you in advance. 

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2013 at 5:16am
vega asia omega asia should be light enough.. depending on how strong you are?

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2013 at 7:00am
Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

vega asia omega asia should be light enough.. depending on how strong you are?

I was thinking the same thing.
Maybe Vega Asia on FH to pair with Vega Euro on BH
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2013 at 11:45pm

I am not a strong player however would like to improve myself. Here we come, my final setup is FH Evolution MXP max, BH Vega Europe 2.0  

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2013 at 11:57pm
Quote I am not a strong player however would like to improve myself

which is exactly the reason you should be using Vega asia  on either of your sides. theres a guy at my club who is jsut a bit better than me and he has been using vega asia both sides for a long time now

player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2013 at 12:23am

Decoi, thank you very much for the advices but I was choosing from what is available at the moment. Otherwise I would need to wait for several week until I get my order. 

I am really looking that my setup will fit me. 

P.S. I have watched your youtube video. Are you playing cpen? If yes, then I am playing a bit better. 

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2013 at 12:27am
did you check the dates :P

player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2013 at 6:27am
nope)) 
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2013 at 6:49am
:P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic