Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LF: Taico 100 ST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LF: Taico 100 ST
    Posted: 01/25/2010 at 12:02am

Old blade distributed in the 80's. Need it in straight handle for a very good friend of mine. Guys, please check your drawers...Thanks.

Edited by piligrim - 04/11/2020 at 10:14am
Sponsored Links

19Mandi21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19Mandi21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2011 at 1:15pm
Tongue   Hallo !

Taico 100 nur in FL ---- Interesse ? ------  liebe Grüße 19Mandi21     Österreich

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2020 at 9:08am
up ! Can be ST, FL or AN.
Thanks.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2020 at 7:16pm
I have HANNO blade model High Performance, which is with a very large AN handle and has similar construction to Taico 100, I think so, but never had exactly the model Taico 100. I can only suppose these two models are equal, looking pictures in the web. Can you tell me the head size of Taico 100 in original condition and the thickness? It has very specific construction. The blade is very solid, mine is about 96 grams but has excellent balance...Part of the handle is made by WENGE, which makes the good balance there. Plays like Mazunov or so, but with more sense. Handle is like the popular ANATOMIC design made by Peter Stellwag with JOOLA blades in 80's, he was the German National Team player in 80's. All these Taico + Hanno+ some other old and not so well known brands are made by JOOOOOOOOOOLA, in their factory, as I know. And the quality of the materials is very good.  Maybe Jean knows better... Wink
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2020 at 8:51am
Taico 100 is 7.0mm thick. It is made with hinoki 0.8-1.0mm outer , rosewood 0.7-0.8mm intermediate and 3.5-3.6mm abachi core. Taico 100 was pretty big around 152 x 159 and weight around 90g-92g.
Looks like this :

I don't think it is close to Hanno high performance because Sepp Gauder was only chosing top end veneers and brought extra care to construction. Hanno was closer to average standards.
Some says it is looking alike Butterfly Power Drive or Juic Nebula but ,alas, not even close to it in terms of playing quality. To me, the best substitutes could be Butterfly Hinoki shake speedy, Butterfly Kazan or Nittaku Hinoblaze.
In short, whoever has one, please contact me...

Edited by Jolan - 04/18/2020 at 12:12am
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2020 at 7:15pm
Yes, exactly.
My blade is close to these parameters as construction, so I think they are made as competitors by brand's designer/manager. And for sure 95 or 96 grams blade will be much more preferred back in 80's than 90 grams or lower. If we mean a skilled player and not an amateur, of course.
Back in 80's rubbers were much more lighter than today's models.

My blade's head size is 150mm to 155mm, about 7.0mm with similar construction and both head and handle are looking and feeling solid. It is tropical Abachi in the middle and outer and rosewood between them. Honestly, the blade plays like a blade with hinoki central core more than Abachi.

I am not sure about Gauder, but I am sure what I have and I know how it plays - slightly more better than 1st series Mazunov Off+ that I had up to not so long time ago 2-3 pieces with the old German font.
Because of the thickness and compact head size and handle, the Hanno blade plays better for me.

For your surprise (And mine too) several days ago i just glued rubbers exactly on this blade to play with my robot at home. It feels fantastic.
I didn't know the equal blade of that unknown Hanno HighPerformance was named Taico 100, so I will be looking now for this model too, I hope I can find more than 1.

Maybe you know the market price of this blade back in 80's, it will be useful information to know what will be acceptable to offer for such a blade in good condition after so many years. I am also not sure who will be able to sell such a blade if he keeps it for so long time. I have the Hanno more than 15 years into my inventory and I was always sure that blade is really good.
But not so many blades from that good old German brand is still alive, for a pity.

If I found 3rd blade from this model I promise I will be back to you some day.
Good luck!

Edited by kolevtt - 04/15/2020 at 7:26pm
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2020 at 2:58am
Up, thanks for looking.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2020 at 2:51pm
I recently discovered that intermediate ply isn't rosewood as common belief but mahogany. Mahogany is much better than rosewood in terms of Feedback and longer ball contact.
Up for taico 100,
Thanks
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2020 at 10:40pm
that’s what my carpenter talked about.  But mahogany is not popular in blade making nowadays. It is categorized into some kind of "expensive wood" in furniture making in china.

Edited by Robin.w - 08/02/2020 at 1:04am
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2020 at 5:39am
True, mahogany has also been confirmed by another source. Thanks.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic