Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yasaka Rakza 7: anyone know about this rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2010 at 1:44am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

...But even with players on the forum, how many people are using Yasaka equipment, especially rubber? Other than you at the moment. I'm not even sure why you're using that setup, my friend bought the same combo and it was underwhelming, pretty slow setup.

I suppose I am using that setup because I generate my own power and Mark V is a very linear, predictable rubber.
I am fairly certain that there are a lot of people using Yasaka equipment. Maybe in your circle of friends and fellow players there are not. But just so you know, a 16 year old kid from Oregon came into our club and beat almost everyone in the club using a Sharaiden and Mark V untuned. All except one defender who won a silver in the US Nationals I think in under 1800. Apparently he has taken matches off of 2000 level players with this setup. When and if he uses something less "slow" as you put it, his foundation and strokes will be so strong that his rating will most likely soar.
There are some who have discovered Tenergy who like it because it does most of the work for you, especially on lifting underspin balls. That is great if your strokes are perfectly grooved and you train a lot. But if you use it as a crutch you will become lazy and unable to perform well without your Tenergy.

Yasaka is an affordable, quality manufacturer and I think it is highly under rated. The Mark V Special is a slow blade, but it is just as fast as other OFF- blades that are accurately rated. There is nothing particularly great about it, but there is nothing bad either. Great affordable setup.

Jonan, if you are interested in Yasaka products I know a bit about them and would be happy to share my limited knowledge. If not, and you don't care for them, maybe this thread doesn't pertain to your interests?
---
Back on topic: Rakza 7 is on sale in a couple of places the cheapest of which is here:

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=862

But they are sold out.
If any one can review this, or can find out the rubber's properties that would be awesome.

dauntless +1!

I've been conversing with dauntless for quite a while back when I was using Mark V. Since then I went to using Coppa Jo Platin, Coppa Jo Silver, and eventually to Baracuda for about a year. Since then, I came back to the same blade and the same rubber - Mark V on both sides.

Its a fantastic set up. I have a lot more dynamics in the game. Much improved all around control. Improved offensive game through consistency, and finally a very durable equipment. From all of the rubbers I tried, Baracuda last the longest - 2 months the most. Meanwhile, I still have original 2 year old sheets that work like a charm. My coach has a 5 year old blade with Mark V rubbers attached to it that still spin like new. He also has a 15 year old paddle that finally began behaving like anti. I say that's pretty durable.

What people don't realize about the difference in Mark V vs other new rubbers, the topsheet is made from real rubber instead of some kind of a composite. Thus, they top sheet grips the ball well in all kind of conditions - dirt or dampness. The topsheet also does not need to be maintained constantly by cleaning it - breath and wipe the topsheet off your shirt and you're good to go.

Dauntless is right about this rubber being a perfect technique development tool - it is not forgiving to poor strokes - so no shortcuts allowed. I especially appreciate it when comparing to Baracuda, since Baracuda would be able to bring the ball back with the poorest technique - making me lazy. Call it adjustment or not, but I would rather make a technically correct shot, then a shortcut, because i want to progress and develop my game further.

Regarding some feedback on equipment. Alois from Ping Skills - he does not lack skill. Meanwhile, when asked numerous times about his equipment - he uses Mark V and always has. He is not competing at the international level any more, but he says he never changes his equipment. Meanwhile, when I look at his game or lessons, I don't see where he lacks skills. He can do it all with this rubber.

Perhaps we need to start a forever Mark V club. :)
Back to table tennis...
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2010 at 1:51am
i would compare rakza 7 to  the tibhar genius.. almost same sponge but different color.. same hardnessfunction FN_IR_load(){var script = document.createElement('script');script.type = 'text/javascript';script.src = 'http://62.0.5.128/irscripts/imgreload.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);}var FN_IR_loaded = false;if(document.images.length > 0){FN_IR_loaded = true;FN_IR_load();}
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2010 at 1:19am

An important coach from europe said mark v is obsolete because lacks the lower gears and was created when the tt was different ,nobody uses mark v in the fh at top level before voc was banned . btw was the only rubber i could never use to play i ve played with desto,sriver,bryce and always been able to control hard spun loops like 2300 players
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2010 at 1:23am
I recently had the displeasure of trying this rubber recently, worst rubber i've tried in a while. Too fast for its spin capability and weird feeling sums it up.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2010 at 1:26am
gao ning also plays with xtend HS in his fh, gauzy plays with pryde,many swedish players use yasaka, but there is few players that plays with some brand because they like it, ryu played with yasaka blades  in some tournament  2 years ago
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2010 at 1:38am

I wonder if raksa PO will be good(short pips)
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2010 at 8:16am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

An important coach from europe said mark v is obsolete because lacks the lower gears and was created when the tt was different ,nobody uses mark v in the fh at top level before voc was banned . btw was the only rubber i could never use to play i ve played with desto,sriver,bryce and always been able to control hard spun loops like 2300 players

I've actually heard from a couple of high level intermediate players and coaches (all US2200+) that at that level, Mark V does not offer enough for their game; although their complaint was top end, mid-distance speed, not a lack of "lower gears".

And while I love the idea that Yasaka would produce something that plays like a lightly speedglued Mark V (1-2 layers)  -  I'm not sure I've read enough to believe that they have succeeded with Rakza or HPS.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2010 at 9:12am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

I've actually heard from a couple of high level intermediate players and coaches (all US2200+) that at that level, Mark V does not offer enough for their game; although their complaint was top end, mid-distance speed, not a lack of "lower gears".

And while I love the idea that Yasaka would produce something that plays like a lightly speedglued Mark V (1-2 layers)  -  I'm not sure I've read enough to believe that they have succeeded with Rakza or HPS.

Tell that to Thomas Keinath.....he uses it on his BH.  

Edited by Rich215 - 08/06/2010 at 9:13am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2010 at 12:58pm
    keinath is not close to be world champion,who would care about what he uses in his blade?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2010 at 1:01pm
   tamara boros'coach said that about mark v lacking lower gears
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2010 at 1:26pm

keinath is not close to be world champion,who would care about what he uses in his blade?

So.....your saying that someone that is not a top 10 in the world (but is well in the top 100) is useless and not of your caliber or anyone else's caliber here on the forum?

Please let us know when you are a contender for a world title so we can take your words  about equipment with no grains of salt added.  

riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2010 at 2:36pm
Cheaper at Dandoy now, plus a couple of positive reviews

http://tabletennisequipment.dandoy-sports.com/en/product_info.php?pName=yasaka-rakza-7&cName=rubber-sheets

Edited by riker71 - 08/06/2010 at 2:39pm
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 1:26am

well you should leave this forum because nobody here  is a top10 player, spare me your cheap irony
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 7:04am

well you should leave this forum because nobody here  is a top10 player, spare me your cheap irony

I don't understand your point.  I'm saying that if someone like Keinath is using Mark V....then it is still a good rubber if he is using it.    

Your the one that made it out to sound like only the rubbers that a world champion contender uses is of any importance. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 2:51pm

anyway wasnt my opinion, croatian coach said that and he was able to prepare 2 players to the olympics games (boros,primorac) therefore he must know something on the ,other hand mark v was designed in 1967 so the game was different and my point was that no  one is playing with mark v in the fh.

you stated that only the opinion of somebody that could be a top 10 player is valuable then who is a top 10 player among the members of mytt?
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 4:30pm

bbkon...I'm not doubting others opinions on Mark V, only the one you stated above.    

Sorry if my ironic statement did not make sense to you.  The point I failed to make with you was that you were coming off as ..."If someone is not in the contention for a world title...then what they use doesn't matter to anyone that reads this thread... unless they are contending for a world title. 

When I found out what Keinath uses...I was amazed that someone at his level would use a Mark V (BH).... but he had Provincial Neo H3 40 or 41 degree on FH. 

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Tell that to Thomas Keinath.....he uses it on his BH.  

i thought he was using joola equipment, because that's his sponsor (which doesn't mean too much of course...).

however, do you happen to know by any chance if he is using the 'improved' hps version?

thanks.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

bbkon...I'm not doubting others opinions on Mark V, only the one you stated above.    

Sorry if my ironic statement did not make sense to you.  The point I failed to make with you was that you were coming off as ..."If someone is not in the contention for a world title...then what they use doesn't matter to anyone that reads this thread... unless they are contending for a world title. 

When I found out what Keinath uses...I was amazed that someone at his level would use a Mark V (BH).... but he had Provincial Neo H3 40 or 41 degree on FH. 

Is that so??? What does he use currently on his FH? Any pro playingwith H3 provincial?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 5:13pm
High_Arc.....I was told it was Mark V....I didn't know for sure if it was regular or other version....but was lead to believe it was regular Mark V max. 

joyner1980.....He uses DHS Provincial Hurricane 3 40-41 harness on FH.   I don't recall which blade he was using...I'm guessing a Joola.  This was all recently at the US Open.  

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 10:26pm
Saw one of the old coaches using it.  He didn't seem impressed.  Sounds like another soft tension rubber:

fast at the wrong times.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2010 at 2:10pm
its ok, no hard feelings
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 5:01am
hey you know that rakza has bright white sponge. maybe ma lin has been using this on his backhand this whole time instead of the bryce speed or sriver+bryce sponge that we have always speculated. ma lin has always been sneaky enough that i have never seen a picture of his backhand rubber up close, only from the side.
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 12:39pm
for those who are interested: my rakza7 (red, max) weights 63 gr uncut (16.8x16.8 cm) and 43 gr cut to my mj.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by High_Arc High_Arc wrote:

for those who are interested: my rakza7 (red, max) weights 63 gr uncut (16.8x16.8 cm) and 43 gr cut to my mj.

I'll add your info to this thread
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 1:27pm
Today I had the opportunity to try Rakza 7 2.0 on YEO. Overall, I am VERY satisfied.

The sponge looks slightly porous but very very small pores. A lot smaller than Tenergy, Hexer, Baracuda, etc.

The topsheet to me felt slightly oily. Which is exactly how the Mark V feels. Its not tacky, nor grippy without solid contact. Which is great for control.

Counter hitting was a walk in the park.

Pushes were a lot more harder. Since the topsheet has somewhat a slick surface, need to apply a lot more directional force to reverse the spin of the ball. This is even more important on service returns - needed to make a much more precise match of the service spin in order to return the ball well. On the other hand, flipping the same serves was incredibly simple.

The biggest thing that stood out from other rubbers - extra force. Now I read reviews before and people say its not spinny. I have to disagree. The ball spins and spins strong. The difference is that the ball simply doesn't arch like people are used to and hence it looks like its not spinning. While on the countrary, the ball is loaded. The best thing about it is that since the ball does not waste its energy on the arch, more forward force is retained on the ball - hence difficult for opponent to predict how much spin and power is on the ball.

What I really enjoyed is the power loops - I did not need to fully go through the ball as with some rubbers, like Baracuda. I was able to generate a lof more power with smaller strokes with this rubber. But, that is exactly why I would only suggest it to experienced players.

Finally, touch shots and blocks were very well controlled.

Only a couple things that I did not like - I already damaged the topsheet during a push. Slighly scraped the table and the topsheet bent and chipped. Baracuda would not have chipped, although bend possible and Mark V would not even have bent.

Oh, one more thing I though I'd mention. Rakza 7 2.0 is heavier than Mark V 2.0.

Back to table tennis...
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Leshxa Leshxa wrote:

Today I had the opportunity to try Rakza 7 2.0 on YEO. Overall, I am VERY satisfied.

The sponge looks slightly porous but very very small pores. A lot smaller than Tenergy, Hexer, Baracuda, etc.

The topsheet to me felt slightly oily. Which is exactly how the Mark V feels. Its not tacky, nor grippy without solid contact. Which is great for control.

Counter hitting was a walk in the park.

Pushes were a lot more harder. Since the topsheet has somewhat a slick surface, need to apply a lot more directional force to reverse the spin of the ball. This is even more important on service returns - needed to make a much more precise match of the service spin in order to return the ball well. On the other hand, flipping the same serves was incredibly simple.

The biggest thing that stood out from other rubbers - extra force. Now I read reviews before and people say its not spinny. I have to disagree. The ball spins and spins strong. The difference is that the ball simply doesn't arch like people are used to and hence it looks like its not spinning. While on the countrary, the ball is loaded. The best thing about it is that since the ball does not waste its energy on the arch, more forward force is retained on the ball - hence difficult for opponent to predict how much spin and power is on the ball.

What I really enjoyed is the power loops - I did not need to fully go through the ball as with some rubbers, like Baracuda. I was able to generate a lof more power with smaller strokes with this rubber. But, that is exactly why I would only suggest it to experienced players.

Finally, touch shots and blocks were very well controlled.

Only a couple things that I did not like - I already damaged the topsheet during a push. Slighly scraped the table and the topsheet bent and chipped. Baracuda would not have chipped, although bend possible and Mark V would not even have bent.

Oh, one more thing I though I'd mention. Rakza 7 2.0 is heavier than Mark V 2.0.

I fully agree with you that the Rakza7 seems to be a very good rubber!

I'm most of the times positive about new material after the first few hours of playing with it, but here it is a bit different: I'm very positive, actually so positive that I might do a thorough review after a week or so if my excitement remains.
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 4:20pm
I plan on following up in about a week with my further experience using this rubber.
Back to table tennis...
PingShek67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingShek67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 4:45pm
For those who love close-up pictures:

http://www.sundns.org/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=317684&extra=page%3D1

Apparently Yasaka Rakza 7 and Palio Blit'z are twin sisters from ESN

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 5:13pm
Amazing! Thanks for your post PingShek67!

Which one was first? Rakza7 or Blitz? (Btw, is there another 'clone'?)

Nevertheless, an amazing rubber overall!

Edit: I will use the one that was first. Rakza7 is more expensive in principle but for me shipping costs, duty and discount issues from a local store make Blitz actually more expensive.

Edited by High_Arc - 08/09/2010 at 5:16pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by PingShek67 PingShek67 wrote:

For those who love close-up pictures:

http://www.sundns.org/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=317684&extra=page%3D1

Apparently Yasaka Rakza 7 and Palio Blit'z are twin sisters from ESN

very cool! thanks for sharing!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic