Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faster blades? Primorac Carbon vs ZLF/ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faster blades? Primorac Carbon vs ZLF/ZLC
    Posted: 03/04/2010 at 1:17pm
Which blades are faster between Primorac Carbon(Tamca Family: T5000)  vs ZLF/ZLC(innerforce, Timo Boll, Jun Mitzutani, Amultart, Photino ZLF/ZLC vs Arylate Carbon blades(Maze, TBS, Kong LingHui, Cofferlait)?

PC is made on Tamca, and should it be matched with hard rubbers or soft?  same question for ZLF/ZLC and Arylate Carbon blades.  Please, any inputs are appreciated about the request.
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
Sponsored Links

bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 11:34pm
many will agree that hard rubbers pair best with stiff hard wood. I'm not positive on this theory yet but it makes a little more sense to me.
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2010 at 12:04am
Originally posted by bumpernets19 bumpernets19 wrote:

many will agree that hard rubbers pair best with stiff hard wood. I'm not positive on this theory yet but it makes a little more sense to me.

?? I thought you want soft rubbers on hard blades and vice versa?
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 12:37am
harder rubbers play better for me with the PC.
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 1:25am
harder rubbers play better for me
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 2:01am
Yea I'm pretty sure that's right, b/c the two are just counter-acting each other...like coppa jo on the PC would be a great looping rubber, with a terrible looping blade...it would be too fast and not spinny.
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 2:05am
i tryed coopa jo plat on my PC it was so bad...................
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
widodo7823 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote widodo7823 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 4:45am

i think medium or soft rubber will better on hard blade (tamca 5000) or Primorac carbon........

Nittaku Acoustic + Neo H3C + Gambler Outlaw
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 4:19pm
Medium/soft rubbers for hard blades if you want to loop, rite?  if you are just a hard hitter, then hard rubbers matched with hard blades.

getting back to the topic, Primorac Carbon is rated at OFF+, and all the ZLC/ZLF are rated OFF
My FS/FT

martine/s. View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martine/s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 8:19am
I got PC w/ h3 neo and lkt rapid soft. H3 neo is the worst rubber on my PC. Lkt rapid soft is better.
kprimorac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kprimorac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 8:26am
I have played with Primorac Carbon, TB ZLC, Maze Carbon , TB Spirit and Amultart, IMHO, for the speed, we can rate as follow :

Amultart >Primorac Carbon > TB ZLC > Maze Carbon ~ TBS

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 8:36am
Oh Wow... reminiscing when I just started out TT.....=)
Even now, I don't think I can touch the fastest blades & rubbers
Altho, I am attracted to all wood feel, and big sweet spots blades=)

I've tried all blades (Amultart >Primorac Carbon > TB ZLC > Maze Carbon ~ TBS ) with H3/Neo, and they are all playable to me since I"m used to Chinese rubbers on FH

My FS/FT

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 11:22am
Primorac Carbon is the fastest, theoretically. When looping underspin is maybe the slowest because it is very hard , it is not flexy at all, and because of the hinoki top-ply. All these leads to a very low throw angled blade. I had been playing PC for more than 5 years in a row.
As for the rubbers , Primorac Carbon is better with medium to hard , high throw angled rubbers. 
Tenergy 05 and 80 suits very well. DON'T use Tenergy FX series , it will be very difficult to make successful service returns.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 12:11pm
can somebody tell me ONE Japanese or Euro 'hard' rubber? I've tried all popular rubbers and never seen hard rubber. The only hard rubbers on the market are Chinese. They do feel pretty hard and have denser sponge and those are the reasons why they are good for 'boosting' (read expanding and softening of sponge).
I strongly dislike the practice of calling the normal, or MEDIUM hard rubbers 'hard'. 

Unless you are a girl (no offense here, lost to a girl last night) or have other physical condition that constrains the strength of your strokes, or you have very very BRUSHY strokes, there is no reason to use soft versions of the NORMAL rubbers. The NORMAL sponge is denser and from this physically follows that it can handle more energy. NORMAL rubbers are faster and spinier (with enough power), and have better control is short game because they are less bouncy. 

And even if you DO have brushy strokes.. you should consider NORMAL sponge. Nobody brushes the ball thinner than ZJK, and he does it with NORMAL sponge. And a couple of chinese now use a TRUE HARD sponge on BH. And if these pros are not enough of a proof, I have the ultimate proof: I have a really brushy opening BH, and I personally find that its easiest to do with NORMAL sponge because the softer sponges don't throw as high Big smileEmbarrassed
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 12:19pm
now to OP question.. you are mixing too many variables in this list there.
If you compare synthetic materials separately, Tamca is the fastest, but ZLC is probably only a hair slower. How can I measure speed in hairs? With experience.. ALC is a little slower. The 3 materials have very distinct and very different feel, however, that will far trump the differences in speed.
With respect to woods (of same thickness), hinoki is the fastest, and also the lightest, which is a recipe for bounciness. You had better have a really good touch if you combine that with carbon, or your short game and serve receive will be a circus.
Limba and Koto are about the same in speed but koto is a little heavier, which is why they combine it with lighter core. Pretty different feel again, that will trump a difference is speed.
siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 1:15pm

Have you tried a hard rubber on the Tricarbon for example ? FX-P worked best for me !
Siesta Key
W968
Omega Tour 7 i
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

can somebody tell me ONE Japanese or Euro 'hard' rubber? I've tried all popular rubbers and never seen hard rubber. The only hard rubbers on the market are Chinese. They do feel pretty hard and have denser sponge and those are the reasons why they are good for 'boosting' (read expanding and softening of sponge).
I strongly dislike the practice of calling the normal, or MEDIUM hard rubbers 'hard'. 

Unless you are a girl (no offense here, lost to a girl last night) or have other physical condition that constrains the strength of your strokes, or you have very very BRUSHY strokes, there is no reason to use soft versions of the NORMAL rubbers. The NORMAL sponge is denser and from this physically follows that it can handle more energy. NORMAL rubbers are faster and spinier (with enough power), and have better control is short game because they are less bouncy. 

And even if you DO have brushy strokes.. you should consider NORMAL sponge. Nobody brushes the ball thinner than ZJK, and he does it with NORMAL sponge. And a couple of chinese now use a TRUE HARD sponge on BH. And if these pros are not enough of a proof, I have the ultimate proof: I have a really brushy opening BH, and I personally find that its easiest to do with NORMAL sponge because the softer sponges don't throw as high Big smileEmbarrassed

kreanga plays with 05fx, saw a pic recently 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic