FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dual Head Robot Reviews Y&T S27 + Oukei S-9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual Head Robot Reviews Y&T S27 + Oukei S-9
    Posted: 03/23/2010 at 10:26am
Finally both new dual head robot reviews are finished!   HURRAYYYY!   Clap

(any unauthorized use of my words or photographs is strictly prohibited, Rich215).

I could not add pictures to my main robot review post with all the other robots in it.  There is some data base error on it or something.  So in order to keep everything together better, here is a link to the first robot review post.     ROBOT REVIEWS #1

Y&T S-27 Dual Head Robot Review

OUKEI TW-2700-S-9 DUAL HEAD ROBOT

Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2010 at 7:13pm
Great review, thanks a lot Rich215!

It makes sense that instead of making a single head more complicated, they go for 2 simpler and independent heads. This is probably the way most robots will go in future.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2010 at 7:20pm
Yes, good review.  I still wish robot makers would make it so the control panel can adjust head angle automatically based on drill selected.  Maybe another future thing.

Can't wait for the S-9 review.  Since I've played on the AMDT TW2700-06 (a rebadged Oukei), I'm curious how the 2-headed Oukei stacks up.  One thing curious is that the mid-end model TW2700-08 does have adjustable DISTANCE from the control panel (i.e. don't need to adjust head angle manually).  So I wonder if the S-9 is the same mechanism.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2010 at 11:45am
haggisv.....Thanks!   Yes, I think the way to go with making a robot do more of what we all want and need is to use 2 heads.  The problem with using only one head is the amount of changes the head has to make in regards to placement of landing spots in relationship to motor speeds and rotation angles.  It is a very complicated process to have one head make so many adjustments to throw differing spin, speed, and landing spots that are different on consecutive balls thrown. 

pushchop...Thanks as well!   As far as the robot making the vertical (head move up down for long short ball landing spots), some do that in different ways.  The Oukei robots do it by the deflector tunnel after the ball is shot out from the trowing wheels.  But you can not make micro adjustments at the control panel on the fly.  The Double Snakes robots on the other hand do this extremely well.  Both the FQJ-2 and FQJ-4 have the ability to adjust exact head vertical angle and rotation real time while in use.  Double Snakes by far has the best head controls from the control pad.  If they had programmable landing spots and programmable sequence ability.....with 2 heads......no other robot would touch it in my opinion.  But also the one slightly limiting factor is that the Double Snakes robots are "hanging robots".  This means you do not have the ability to move the robot back off the table for different types of shots like looping drills and such.  But you could make that work if you built some sort of stand to put the robot on.  That would be something I would do for sure if I decided to go with a Double Snakes robot.

The TW2700-07 and TW2700-08 both have the ability to make long short landing spots by button selections on the control pad.  The 07 only has 2 selections of landing depth, while the 08 has 8 possible landing depths.  So the only manual adjustment on the 07 and 08 at the head is the rotation angle setting. 

TT_64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2010 at 9:03am
Hello Rich215,

Thanks so much for your detailed review across the many different types of machine. After using a Newgy Robopong 2040, I've seen how it has helped a few players improve their basic strokes tremendously. I'm absolutely sold on the merits of using a robot for training and is thinking of investing in a programmable robot which can last me for a long time. Your reviews has helped me tremendously to narrow down my choice to the Y&T S27 and the Double Snake FQJ4.

Due to cost reasons and the fear of complexity leading to a single point of failure, I am almost set on going with the S27. However, I still have a few nagging questions about the programmability of the S27 and hope to know your opinion about it.

To me it is extremely important to be able to repeatedly train according to a fix set of sequence based on real competition play. For eg. oponent serves a short underspin to my backhand, I return a short underspin to his forehand, opponent returns a long underspin to my forehand, I attack with a topspin loop to his backhand, he blocks and I finish him off with a topspin loop to his forehand.

To train on this sequence, I presume I'd have to program the S27 to use say Head 1 to serve 1 short underspin to my backhand followed by 1 long underspin to my forehand and then switch to Head 2 to throw 2 long topspin balls to my forehand.

My questions are

1) Is the S27 controller user programmable at all? I've checked through the Chinese writeups as well as your review.  Unfortunately, I could not find any user manual on it. The robot clearly has 30 pre-programmed sequences (although what they are were not listed) as well as random sequences but very little is mentioned about user programmability and how it can be done. I've studied the control box carefully for clues but I am still not sure how it can be done.

2) If the S27 is indeed programmable, is it possible to program it according to the sequence I mentioned above? I presume not because you've mentioned that it does not have a long short throw for the same head but I can most probably program it to do a short + short undeerspin for one head followed by a long + long topspin using the other head.

Thanks very much for any pointers.

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2010 at 8:38am
TT_62, thanks for your comments.

Ok...let me give you some answers that will help you further.

1. The Y&T S-27 controller is programmable basically with landing spots left to righ and amount of balls from each head before changing to the other. Also the other basic elements such as BPM, # of balls per sequence, and the various throwing motors settings. The pre-programmed sequences are various landing spot patterns. The random button basically just mixes up some of the pre-programmed sequences.

Once you set the rotation angle, top and bottom throwing wheel speeds separately, and the vertical angle (depth of landing spot), you can not change how each head throws the ball besides which spots left to right.

2. The Y&T S-27 cant change landing depth or spin type of a ball shot from either head, from ball to ball, but neither can the Oukei S-9. Yes your correct about setting one head for a short + short backspin shot from one head then what ever different shot from the other head.

The plus part about the Y&T S-27 robot is that you have full control of all four throwing wheels.  You can separate the speed and spin factor well.  The Oukei S-9 dual head robot in comparison has a problem or I should say..a negative aspect of not being able to control the top wheel speed from the bottom wheel speed independently from each other on both heads.  The spin amounts or offset of speeds between the top and bottom throwing wheels can not be changed.  The offset or spin amounts are programmed into the speed of balls shot. This is done in stepped amounts of 1 to 15 for topspin...and 1 to 15 for backspin shots.

I have a Oukei S9 right now for review/test purposes.  This is the first thing I noticed about both these 2 dual head robot. They are very different in how they work and what they can do.  The Y&T S-27 excels at making various spin and speed amounts on balls with the ability to control the speeds of top and bottom wheels separately. The Oukei S-9 robot excels in its ability to program sequence making, random sequences, and basic over all button pushing as it takes a while to understand it and set up shots and sequences. The Oukei S-9's complicated control panel wore me out and really seems too complicated for most peoples use. The Y&T S-27 is like all the other Y&T robots...very quick and easy to set shots and sequences up. Y&T excels in this area.

TT_64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2010 at 2:20pm
Hello Rich215

Thanks very much for your detailed answer. Your comparison between S27 and the S9 is extremely helpful as I certainly prefer the superiority of full control of the wheels of the S27.

BTW I've been reading your thread on the 989G but found that you've not gotten round to reviewing it. Is it because the factory could not get it to work reliably in the US? If it has a reliability issue, then I will definitely drop it from my consideration.

Back to the sequence programming for S27, based on your answer as well as what I'd read on some Chinese websites regarding programming of a sequence, I presume I can program a sequence like the following eg.

Head 1 - speed top #2, speed bottom #7, number of balls 3 to landing positions #1, #5, #11

Followed by

Head 2 - speed top #6, speed bottom #2, number of balls 5 to landing positions #1, # 5, #11, #3, #10

However, what if I want to alternate between backspin and topspin with diffferent landing points. Can I program a sequence like the following?

Head 1 - speed top #2, speed bottom #7, number of balls 1 to landing positions #1

Followed by

Head 2 - speed top #6, speed bottom #2, number of balls 1 to landing positions #1

Followed by

Head 1 - speed top #2, speed bottom #7, number of balls 1 to landing positions #11

Followed by

Head 2 - speed top #6, speed bottom #2, number of balls 1 to landing positions #5

Followed by

Head 1 - speed top #2, speed bottom #7, number of balls 1 to landing positions #5

Followed by

Head 2 - speed top #6, speed bottom #2, number of balls 1 to landing positions #11

I know I am pushing it, but if the S27 really can do the above, it is almost human like as a trainer. Wink

Your answers are much appreciated.

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2010 at 3:48pm
TT_64,  yes you can make a sequence like that with either of the dual head robots.  The difference is that the Oukei will allow you to make any of the balls you make for sequence come from either head you want.  On the Y&T, when you set the ball interval between the heads....it will set up like this:

Head A is set to medium speed and spin topspin.
Head B is set to medium spin medium speed backspin. 

You then select the amount of balls Head A will shoot before Head B shoots balls. 

So if you want 1 ball to come from Head A then the next ball to come from Head B, you set each head to throw 1 ball.  

Then any amount of shots (quantity of balls per sequence), you simply set with the landing spot buttons. 

So after you punch in the amount and 1-11 landing spot buttons...the sequence  will follow as......first ball comes from Head A, second ball comes from Head B, third ball comes from Head A, fourth ball comes from Head B, and so on.....back and forth 1 ball intervals between the heads.  

The Oukei robot has the ability to tell ball by ball which head you want any of the balls to come from, so you can have mixed amounts coming from the heads in a programmed sequence. 

TT_64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2010 at 12:29am
Yahoooo! Rich215, thanks so much.

I thought I was expecting too much but your answers confirmed that the S27 meets almost everything that I am looking for in a robot! No wonder you gave it a 9.5 out of 10 in your review. S27 it is for me!

Thanks so much once again.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2010 at 6:02pm
OK..... I finally have the Oukei dual head review finished. Sorry it took so long as I have been extremely busy with work lately. 

There are several comparisons to the Y&T dual head noted in it as well.  I did not explain everything on the control pad with the more advanced programmable functions because it I would of had to almost re-wrote the manual.  Since the manual is so easy to find on the internet, you can find all the other details of the control pad I left out in the review.  

TT_64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2010 at 7:57am
Thanks Rich215 for another great review. The comparison with the Y&T S27 was most useful.

Now I'll have to draw up a table of comparison between the FQJ4, Y&T S27 and the Oukei S9 and decide which one really suits me ...
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2010 at 2:10pm
TT_64   Thanks for your appreciation. 

Now the decision of choosing a robot on the upper end is becoming much harder to make these days, with what is available to us.

There is a industry show in China coming up in the next month or so. I will let everyone know if anything new pops up with robot designs. 

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 4:00pm
Rich I got the s-27, seems like the net ball collector metal pieces at the back bother the robot's movement from left to right.. it stops the robot from moving, did you experience this?

also, if I don't get the same depth and location could it be that I have a problem or is it the balls I'm using?

thanks ;)
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 6:59am
bump

Hurricane Hao III
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 9:43am
Sollom....good to hear you have the robot now!

You say the head is touching or limited in movement by the 2 net support bars.....but does the robot still hit the edged of the table on the outside settings of the landing spot buttons?  

You can bend those metal support bars a little to make sure the head moves all the way right to left it actually needs too.  You will find that you can rotate the head by your hands when the robot is not on.  The amount of movement is usually greater than what it needs to move. 

I only noticed one of the support bars being too close to the head when it moved all the way to one side.  Just a little strong arm bending of the support took that problem away. 

As for balls not hitting the same depth location.....make sure you clean off the balls of the factory dust before use. How much of a difference are you talking about being not the same depth?  Most robots have a small inconsistent variable for exact landing spots from ball to ball.  But this should not be a large difference, maybe few inches at most. And also make sure you wipe off the rubber throwing wheels too.  Simple cloth with warm water on it does the trick. 

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Sollom....good to hear you have the robot now!You say the head is touching or limited in movement by the 2 net support bars.....but does the robot still hit the edged of the table on the outside settings of the landing spot buttons?�� You can bend those metal support bars a little to make sure the head moves all the way right to left it actually needs too.� You will find that you can rotate the head by your hands when the robot is not on.� The amount of movement is usually greater than what it needs to move.� I only noticed one of the support bars being too close to the head when it moved all the way to one side.� Just a little strong arm bending of the support took that problem away.� As for balls not hitting the same depth location.....make sure you clean off the balls of the factory dust before use. How much of a difference are you talking about being not the same depth?� Most robots have a small inconsistent variable for exact landing spots from ball to ball.� But this should not be a large difference, maybe few inches at most. And also make sure you wipe off the rubber throwing wheels too.� Simple cloth with warm water on it does the trick.�

I think it can reach the end of the table while it touches the bars, but it makes a annoying noise that I believe maybe creating the inconsistency. probably it is the uncleaned balls that you mentioned, because it doesn't happen with donic coach balls that I got for a while..also not to mention the quality of the Y&T balls, I'm getting a new bucket of donic coach balls soon though.

can I know how to receive 1 ball to location 4 and 1 ball to location 11 with topspin? using two heads seems not to give me the balls where I want, sometimes it gives me balls as far as locations 1 to 4.

Hurricane Hao III
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

I think it can reach the end of the table while it touches the bars, but it makes a annoying noise that I believe maybe creating the inconsistency. probably it is the uncleaned balls that you mentioned, because it doesn't happen with donic coach balls that I got for a while..also not to mention the quality of the Y&T balls, I'm getting a new bucket of donic coach balls soon though.

can I know how to receive 1 ball to location 4 and 1 ball to location 11 with topspin? using two heads seems not to give me the balls where I want, sometimes it gives me balls as far as locations 1 to 4.

If the head is hitting the bars and making a sound, then yes go ahead and bend the bars untill the head does not touch them.  You can bend the bars twords  the outside of the net, or even alittle twords the back of the net.  What ever to make the head not touch them when it is full left or right oscillation.

As far as getting the balls to hit an exact spot on the table that is equal to the landing spot buttons 1 thru 11....the S-27 will not be exact in hitting those spots  because there are 2 heads and the heads are mounted slightly outward from each other.

So if you want say Head 1 to hit spot #4 area (mid table but slightly closer to the center line),  you will have to actually use landing spot #5. 

You can get an idea of the actual landing spot on the table from each head when you set each head to hit landing spot #6 (center line).  You will notice that the balls from both heads will hit several inches off the table center line.  So you will have to compensate this buy actually using a landing spot button that is is something like #7 or #8  from Head 1 to hit close to the center line.  Then the opposite for Head 2, use button #5, or #4  to get the ball close to the center line.

One of the reasons for this is because of the way the heads are mounted.  The slight outward set of the heads allows for the spin rotations to be full 90 degrees more easily.  This way you can turn each head farther past say 45 degrees from each other depending on the vertical angle settings of each head.  This is also why they had to use shorter throwing wheel motors, the need for distance between the heads for more rotation ability of the heads.

For balls,  I use mainly DHS or Double Fish 3 star balls in my robot use.

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

� I think it can reach the end of the table while it touches the bars, but it makes a annoying noise that I believe maybe creating the inconsistency. probably it is the uncleaned balls that you mentioned, because it doesn't happen with donic coach balls that I got for a while..also not to mention the quality of the Y&T balls, I'm getting a new bucket of donic coach balls soon though.

If the head is hitting the bars and making a sound, then yes go ahead and bend the bars untill the head does not touch them.� You can bend the bars twords� the outside of the net, or even alittle twords the back of the net.� What ever to make the head not touch them when it is full left or right oscillation. As far as getting the balls to hit an exact spot on the table that is equal to the landing spot buttons 1 thru 11....the S-27 will not be exact in hitting those spots� because there are 2 heads and the heads are mounted slightly outward from each other. So if you want say Head 1 to hit spot #4 area (mid table but slightly closer to the center line),� you will have to actually use landing spot #5.� You can get an idea of the actual landing spot on the table from each head when you set each head to hit landing spot #6 (center line).� You will notice that the balls from both heads will hit several inches off the table center line.� So you will have to compensate this buy actually using a landing spot button that is is something like #7 or #8� from Head 1 to hit close to the center line.� Then the opposite for Head 2, use button #5, or #4� to get the ball close to the center line. One of the reasons for this is because of the way the heads are mounted.� The slight outward set of the heads allows for the spin rotations to be full 90 degrees more easily.� This way you can turn each head farther past say 45 degrees from each other depending on the vertical angle settings of each head.� This is also why they had to use shorter throwing wheel motors, the need for distance between the heads for more rotation ability of the heads.For balls,� I use mainly DHS or Double Fish 3 star balls in my robot use. �

Thanks a lot my friend!! appreciate it!!

Hurricane Hao III
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2012 at 2:59am
How much do they weigh packed?
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2012 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

How much do they weigh packed?

How back away from the table you can put an Oukei S9 without removing the collecting net. And also, can you put it to one side?

Imago.....size and weights.

Oukei S9 Package
24.9 kg
99 x 48 x 56 cm.

Y&T S-27
28.5 kg
109 x 46 x 58 cm.

Most all robot's catch nets are held on to the robot body.  Only the side nets are actually attached to the table and can be slightly adjusted or removed but still have the main catch net function when you move the robot around.  The only exception to this is the Newstar robot where it is not even an issue what so ever.

You can move any floor standing robot anywhere you want from the table end.  But you will have to either totally remove the side net ends from the attachment by the table net if you are moving the robot to the side. So if you want to have the robot throw from a corner of the table end, you will just rely on the main catch net on the robot without the side nets.

If you only move the robot straight back off the center-line position of the table, you can adjust the side nets (if they have separate posts to attach to table) to move back with the robot.  The Oukei S9 robot uses a velcro and nylon strap to hold the side net ends to the main net frame on the table.  So you would have to come up with an extended strap to keep the side nets on as you move the robot straight back off the table. 

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2012 at 9:47am
Thank you, Rich!

From your review of S9 I've got the impression that one cannot adjust separately the speed/spin of the top and bottom wheel. Still they have 15 degrees to choose from. With Y&T, there is only one digit in the speed window, hence, 9 degrees to choose from. Is that so?
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2012 at 10:59am
The Y&T robots all have the ability to separately set the bottom wheel speed from the top wheel speed.  The Oukei S9 has programmed in the different speed settings for both wheels in steps or stages of difference controlled by one setting.  So this is why there are more degrees/steps/stages of setting on the Oukei robot.

The Oukei robots are extremely sold in build quality and electrical programming.  They are the best for build quality by far that I have seen.  I have never heard of any Oukei that needed to be fixed ever!

pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2012 at 12:07pm
I am still waiting for a robot where the throw wheels can go backwards.
What is so hard about applying a negative voltage/current to a DC motor?  I know it requires a negative power source but they aren't that expensive.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2012 at 12:15pm

You need a one wheel head.

Rich, are there any new two-head Oukei models to be expected in the near future?
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2012 at 1:12pm
Imago......Oukei is extremely tight lipped on any new development.  Not sure about any new robot from them yet at all.  I usually find out from one of the big industry shows in China once or twice a year.  There is one that just happened and I am waiting to hear back about anything worth while in the robot area. 

avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2012 at 8:31pm
Can Y&T S27 produce arbitrary speed no-spin balls ? Or at least close to no spin?

Also, can it be used to simulate high balls as well?

Thanks a lot!
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2012 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by avova avova wrote:

Can Y&T S27 produce arbitrary speed no-spin balls ? Or at least close to no spin?Also, can it be used to simulate high balls as well?Thanks a lot!

I am not sure how slow exactly but as a dual wheel robot it can produce "dead" balls at varying speeds. Its biggest weakness in this area is its ability to produce high spin balls at low speeds.

Both heads are "manually" aimed for rotation and throw angle. The only automation is on the horizontal plane where the robot can be set to move left or right by selecting landing positions between balls. As a manual head there is a fair range of adjustment up and down to do both lobs and serves.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2012 at 4:09pm
I still do not understand the advantage of the second head for S9. The one head 8B does everything the two heads of S9 can do. Actually it doesn't matter wherefrom comes the next ball - from the same head or from the second head. The deflector is so agile that makes a second head unnecessary. The only thing you can do with the second head is to set different side spin (angle).
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2012 at 7:13pm
The advantage of a dual head robot over the more "classical" single head robots is that it can give two different ball types during the one sequence. Most peoples robots simply repeat the same ball, some to different positions but still just the same ball. A dual head can be set for greater variation.

Its probably worth mentioning the the dual heads are blown away with what the likes of the latest single heads can do in a single sequnce such as the y&t 989-h and my own robot the newstar 2080.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 2:21am
Agree, this IS the perfect robot

Edited by Imago - 11/03/2012 at 4:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic