Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Re1Mu2R3 Re1Mu2R3 wrote:

Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

Feng Tianwei was using the Tube Carbo!

Thanks!
feng plays with stiga kevlar!!! and the rubbers of boll are not the same prolly bryce in bh
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 1:25am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Thanks!
feng plays with stiga kevlar!!! and the rubbers of boll are not the same prolly bryce in bh
if ur talking about timo boll then im pretty sure he uses t05 on both sides, maybe t05fx on bh...
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 1:50am

Originally posted by hut8 hut8 wrote:

what equipment  WANG Yuegu uses.
tsp ludeack + tyrano pips

on match final wttc 2010 :  Blade look like Donic sawtech

2017 (update)
ViS
Fh:TauI Bh: Mxs

Firefall

FH : Mantra H BH: Razanter R50
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 3:49am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Thanks!
if ur talking about timo boll then im pretty sure he uses t05 on both sides, maybe t05fx on bh...

One sponge is red (Tenergy) and the other is not red. How can you say that are both Tenergys?
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Thanks!

One sponge is red (Tenergy) and the other is not red. How can you say that are both Tenergys?

Those sponges looks like the same color to me.. (btw, boll's racket is the one to the right, not to be confused with the TBS to the left)

Feng Tianwei at the 2010 WTTTC:

Edit: Picture by courtesy of the ITTF.

She has used the Stiga Kevlar for some time, but this looks more like a tube carbo to me! There is a better view of it in the match against Ding Ning, as mentioned earlier!

Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 6:52am

Thanks!

Those sponges looks like the same color to me.. (btw, boll's racket is the one to the right, not to be confused with the TBS to the left)

Feng Tianwei at the 2010 WTTTC:

Edit: Picture by courtesy of the ITTF.

She has used the Stiga Kevlar for some time, but this looks more like a tube carbo to me! There is a better view of it in the match against Ding Ning, as mentioned earlier!

OK, you're right, I was looking to TBS instead of ALC. Sorry!
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 7:47am
Originally posted by chain_05 chain_05 wrote:

Originally posted by hut8 hut8 wrote:

what equipment  WANG Yuegu uses.
tsp ludeack + tyrano pips

on match final wttc 2010 :  Blade look like Donic sawtech

2017 (update)
ViS
Fh:TauI Bh: Mxs

Firefall

FH : Mantra H BH: Razanter R50
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 3:41pm
1) I saw Feng Tianwei using some Stiga blade with the '' Tube '' written on the handle during the match.
2) Why do the players have to be so specific about the weight of the blade? Lighter = thinner = slower and more vibration and vice versa? And for example, does a 92gr blade feel different from a 91gr? I'm really curious in these things because weight has never been one of my real concern ( unless I can feel it's too heavy XD )
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 1:44pm
looks like Liu Shiwen is using korbel fl... anyone knows wat rubber she uses?

Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

...2) Why do the players have to be so specific about the weight of the blade?...does a 92gr blade feel different from a 91gr?

+ \infty
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2010 at 5:15pm
Carneros uses an Acoustic and T05 FH/Nianmor BH
Machado plays with Mazunov with 2xT64
Duran uses a Korbel SK7 with t64 both wings.
Cantero has a contract with TSP.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2010 at 2:45am

Doesn't look like the same blade to me..

--------------

Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

The picture with the white sponge was uploaded 4 days ago.. So I changed Xu Xin's backhand rubber to simply "Unknown"

"uploaded"?, but when was it captured? mine was captured during Kuwait open.

It was uploaded to http://www.fotop.net/rxng/cntt/ 4, now 5, days ago.

The Kuwait open was over 2 months ago, so it's not unlikely that he has changed his bh since then..

i ve been told some years ago that wang hao turned from sriver EL to mendo in one month and switch back to sriver, that makes me think that they are looking for the every posiblity for getting more speed/spin maybe their EJness is more accute

i witnessed how liu gl ran from clipper to clipper cr in 2 weeks, kong tried like 12 diffrent blade models before sticking to one
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2010 at 8:16am

Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

...2) Why do the players have to be so specific about the weight of the blade?...does a 92gr blade feel different from a 91gr?

+ \infty

If using the exact same two rubber sheets (switching the same sheets between the blades), then there typically is a noticable difference between a 91 gm and a 91 gm blade when you strike the ball.   A 2 gm difference is approaching huge.   Still the pieces of wood within each blade also impact the feel between two blades that weigh the same and are the same model.

I have 3 Dawei Wavestones FL blades.  One is 85 gm and two are 87.  All three have very distinctive playing feel.  One 87 gm is significantly stiffer, more damped and has more power than the other two.  

I also weigh and select rubbers that have the sponge feel I want while also holding my total blade weight at 180 gm (178 being better) so that I have the quickness I want.  

If the system goes heavier I get more power but I am too slow to react to well in fast plays or more reliably BH loop fast chop serves.   When it gets too light (while using the same rubber sheets), the blade gets too flexible and power and flat hitting suffer.    

Euro rubbers are generally lighter and so you don't have such a hard time finding a good system within your weight target so you have more freedome in the weight of your blade.   

Heavy rubbers however can force you to more carefully select blade weight and the weight of the individual rubber sheets. 

If you can't really feel much of a difference when using blades of different weights or different rubber sheets then Don't Worry, Be Happy.

Galaxy T1 89 gm

FH: HRT Huaruite Wujilong 2 - Dragon 2 II, Max, Black

Donic Acuda S2, Max, Red
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2010 at 7:07pm

I believe in ttprovider's video of Liu SW vs. Feng Tianwei in the finals of the 2010 WTTTC, there is a great clip of her bat at an angle where we could see the blade and the sponges of the rubbers. She is using Korbel for sure (confirmed with the BTY emblem on the bottom), some Blue sponge chinese rubber on the black/FH side, and some Tenergy (64?) based on the red-orange sponge rubber on the red/BH side.
Viscaria
T05/T64
NaDeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaDeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2010 at 2:12pm
Hello,,, this is very helpful thanks...

but i have a question on glue,,, what do professionals use for sticking the rubbers,,, i used butterfly fair chack for tenergy on schlager and it's not bad... but do professionals only use this??? or they use something like boost or something else to make the racket looks more alive "if u know what i mean".     
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2010 at 9:56pm
Pros probably use water-based glues (for example BTY Water Chack) so that their rackets pass the ENEZ tests, but chances are likely that they boost or tune with some "illegal" unknown substance. I'm not sure specifically with what though, sorry.
Viscaria
T05/T64
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2010 at 10:01pm
What other players are using the korbel?

Peter Korbel(Fl) 89 g|FH Almana 2.0|Sriver G2 1.7
bigrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 11:21am

if you look close you will notice that the blade above have the old type of buttfly logo on now the butterfly logo is the one on the other blade

bigrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 11:23am
Originally posted by SLee SLee wrote:

Doesn't look like the same blade to me..

Yeah I don't think so either. The top image has a line on the bottom of the handle where the butterfly logo is but the bottom image doesn't

the blade above with tenergy on has got the old style butterfly logo on the one below is has the new buttfly logo on
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 1:01pm
Schlager,

If we are going to have one definitive post about pro's equipment, with a table on the first page, it needs to be updated more often. And a date should be added to when the equipment is updated. For example Liu Shiwen's blade from the WTTTC is obviously a Korbel... Please update Liu Shiwen's blade on the front page table and add the date of the WTTTC...

Thanks.
Gr8GrZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gr8GrZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 1:54pm
Supposedly butterflyonline.com has seiya using michael maze now instead of custom zlc.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by AllezCho AllezCho wrote:

I believe in ttprovider's video of Liu SW vs. Feng Tianwei in the finals of the 2010 WTTTC, there is a great clip of her bat at an angle where we could see the blade and the sponges of the rubbers. She is using Korbel for sure (confirmed with the BTY emblem on the bottom), some Blue sponge chinese rubber on the black/FH side, and some Tenergy (64?) based on the red-orange sponge rubber on the red/BH side.
she is prolly using h3 neo blue sponge nat with t64...
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Schlager,

If we are going to have one definitive post about pro's equipment, with a table on the first page, it needs to be updated more often. And a date should be added to when the equipment is updated. For example Liu Shiwen's blade from the WTTTC is obviously a Korbel... Please update Liu Shiwen's blade on the front page table and add the date of the WTTTC...

Thanks.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to update it lately. I've had exams, a lot of work, moving etc. I'm going home for the summer this sunday, and will have a lot more time for updating it then!
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Gr8GrZ Gr8GrZ wrote:

Supposedly butterflyonline.com has seiya using michael maze now instead of custom zlc.

Yes.In today match against Apolonia he was using Maze.That's what I saw.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
Ryu_S_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryu_S_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 4:10pm
he is using michael maze for very long time
Blade: BTY Balsa Carbo X5 An
Fh: Donic JO Coppa Platin
Bh: Donic JO Coppa Platin
Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2010 at 9:42pm

Originally posted by le xex le xex wrote:

was timo still using tenergy 05 on the black side? The sponge on the black seemed different than that on the red side, and he was using red for his FH...maybe he gave t05 fx a shot?

Look at 10:07 minute against Ma Long. Timo's black rubber is definitely not T05. The sponge is like Bryce Speed's or similar or something else.
What's the sponge color of T05 FX?

Are you sure you're looking at Timo Boll's racket? Make sure it's not Ma Long's one. In fact, Ma uses T 64 on his backhand (red) and a NEO Hurricane 3 (black). On the other hand, Timo uses 2 Tenergys 05.
NEO H3's sponge looks pretty similar to Bryce speed's sponge.
Check it out.
Blade: Timo Boll ALC 92 g.
Forehand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (black)
Backhand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (red).
Perfect loops
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Best99 Best99 wrote:

Originally posted by le xex le xex wrote:

was timo still using tenergy 05 on the black side? The sponge on the black seemed different than that on the red side, and he was using red for his FH...maybe he gave t05 fx a shot?

Look at 10:07 minute against Ma Long. Timo's black rubber is definitely not T05. The sponge is like Bryce Speed's or similar or something else.
What's the sponge color of T05 FX?

Are you sure you're looking at Timo Boll's racket? Make sure it's not Ma Long's one. In fact, Ma uses T 64 on his backhand (red) and a NEO Hurricane 3 (black). On the other hand, Timo uses 2 Tenergys 05.
NEO H3's sponge looks pretty similar to Bryce speed's sponge.
Check it out.

pretty sure is not t05 in the bh
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 12:10am
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 8:34am
a list is really hard to do coz since the glue ban pro players are ej...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 11:50am
Originally posted by chain_05 chain_05 wrote:

what forehand rubber is that? is the backhand tyranno?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 194>
  Share Topic