Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Your Coach(es) Best Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 9:54am
Who do you think you are, Ma Long?
Sponsored Links

Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 7:17pm
jab,jab,jab right hook 

ups that was boxing
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 11:28pm
"Why do you want to learn to walk all over again? You already know how to walk." (Zhi Yong "Rocky" Wang, former Coach, Chinese Liberation Army Team), 1991, Eastern Training Center, Columbia, Maryland, after I defeated three of the other participants at a week long clinic, rated around 1900, 1450, and 850 respectively, in best 2 out of 3 game matches during a break from practice using a compact head Hock hardbat.

At the time, after a 15 year period of not playing very much competitive pong due to second shift work, I came back to the game, felt like Rip Van Winkle after experiencing hidden loose grip fh serves, speed glued rubbers, and a much more offensive oriented game than I remember playing in the mid-'70s. My experiences with speed glue for the next six years consisted of a few triumphs plus a few many more Oh My God Why Am I Doing This To My Self Moments, especially against cagey cautious Euro pippers at the World Vets'.

I did not exactly know what Coach Wang meant at the time, and after six more years of up and down play with speed glued inverted after seeing Marty Reisman play and persuading John Tannehill to take up hardbat I finally realized it was time to dance with the girl what brung me to pong in the first place.  John went back to inverted to coach his son Soren, who became a 1900 level player, and from 2001-2005 I didn't do too badly, playing penhold/reverse penhold with a custom made Chinese penhold 6-ply
SuperHock drywalled with British Leyland.

Edited by berndt_mann - 02/07/2017 at 11:35pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2017 at 11:53pm
When I was young.

Move your legs move!! move!!.
Attack with every chance you have or they attack you, attack with anything spin, speed.

Learn to varied loop
spinny slow loop, fast hit , regular top spin loop.
next step
changing landing placement and ball curve.

Attacking while defense > lot's of serve receiving with spin deception > push that looks like underspin but gives off topspin. 

Control opponent position so that you move less, but if you fail move!!!!! more.

He yells at me a lot with MOVE!!!! Still remember how it feels.

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 11:44am
This advice comes from Japanese coach Hazime Kagimoto and were left behind after a visit to Scotland in March 1970:

"1. You can relax in the evening before a match in the company of your girl or boy friend.
 2. Hasegawa is reading stories about strong men to have alone defeated 20 - 30 people. It gives him self  confidence.
 3. Miki had much money in his pocket and this gave him pride and self confidence."

Number 3 is probably my favourite.
takethat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takethat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2017 at 4:24pm
Whatever you came with, you leave with. Not representing your country. What does everyone in the UINVERSE forget the fastest? Who won that  last Table Tennis Match. No one cares get out there.
sharkcard
wanhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 12:01am
Originally posted by atomant atomant wrote:

After 2 years of training by a coach from Beijing, he finally said these to me:

1. Use your leg to find the ball
2. Use your leg to hit the ball
3. Compact the arm/body movement (legs not included) during each swing.

And did you switch to playing soccer???
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 5:12am
Relax
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by wanhao wanhao wrote:

Originally posted by atomant atomant wrote:

After 2 years of training by a coach from Beijing, he finally said these to me:

1. Use your leg to find the ball
2. Use your leg to hit the ball
3. Compact the arm/body movement (legs not included) during each swing.

And did you switch to playing soccer???

Yeah make sure you're not getting coached by a soccer player LMAO!
maur1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maur1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2022 at 5:17am
Old thread but interesting.

Coach

Delay the backswing as long as possible.
Level one qualified coach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic