Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Redshank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tennisist_ok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennisist_ok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Redshank
    Posted: 03/17/2011 at 8:08am
Does anybody know any characteristics(speed, control, STIFFNESS,Hardness) of this blade? or used it?What blades has the same characteristics of stiffness and hardness?any compares with others blades?
Sponsored Links

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2011 at 8:45am
In short, I could say it's a baby Maze Off. It's a bit softer, slower than Maze off. Better control and great feel. Just imagine a blade in between Korbel and Maze and you have it. I've played almost 1 year with it and could play with it any time again. They're making it with a conic handle which is very comfortable. Mine is 85gr. A great looping blade, good at everything and not too expensive. A very good choice, indeed !
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennisist_ok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2011 at 9:25am
could you tell me, what rubbers are the most suitable for this blade(for the forehand)?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennisist_ok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2011 at 9:30am
what about it's stiffness?which is the core ply?
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2011 at 9:46am
It's stiffier than a korbel but less than a Maze. Blocks, hits and drives are easy while loops are super easy. After multiple tries I ended up with Tensors Xtend HS 2.0mm that are offering both enough speed and good control.  It's a combo for mid distance and close to the table looper.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2011 at 11:10am
I totally agreed with jcdi's assessment.  Yet, do not get the Flared handle since it is small and not feel very comfy - at least not for me.  Redshank also matches well with Chinese rubbers too.  However, it vibrates just a little bit.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 9:17pm
What's the difference between the Redshank and the Greenshank?
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 9:54pm
i have the same question.  cuz if you look at the paddle palace descriptions of the 2, they don't look very different at all...

also, i think i read somewhere that the handles are small.  does anyone play with the straight handle??

Edited by takaaki - 03/18/2011 at 9:55pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennisist_ok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 2:35am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

What's the difference between the Redshank and the Greenshank?
Greenshank is softer than Redshank. I know that redshank has 5 plies of wood and 2 thin carbon. outer ply of Redshank is the LIMBA.  I don't know anything about the Greenshank.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennisist_ok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 2:52am
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

i have the same question.  cuz if you look at the paddle palace descriptions of the 2, they don't look very different at all...

also, i think i read somewhere that the handles are small.  does anyone play with the straight handle??
the handles of it are like handles of butterfly keyshot light.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennisist_ok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 2:57am
Does anybody know which are the core plies of these blades?

Edited by tennisist_ok - 03/19/2011 at 8:16am
Gustau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gustau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2013 at 12:47pm
The core of the redshank looks like samba/ayous, then thin carbon, and then two outer plies of Limba. It is thin and light -so much so that you have to force yourself to slow down, as the same amount of force will make this blade accelerate faster than with a heavier setup. 
The handle on mine is conical, and for my liking it is a tiny bit thin, so I added grip-tape.  In terms of feel, it is really good; positive feedback all the time, and even with the grip tape I can feel the impact of the ball exactly and precisely. It is my only carbon blade, and I would say that compared to my wood blades it is more direct, undoubtedly the best for blocking, and excellent as well for off the table loops. I find the short game a bit trickier: due to its speed it is harder to clear the net and stay short, but I am guessing that this is to be expected with all carbon blades, particularly in the hands of a beginner like me (been playing for less than two years).
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2013 at 2:07pm
Nittaku offers fine blades including Redshank and Greenshank but their failure again falls on those terribly thin handles. Big Fail Nittaku!
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2020 at 11:49am
I bought new one, do you know someone who use it too?
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2020 at 11:24am
I played today and I really enjoyed
Very stable in short game and not too fast in full swing so control is very ok.
Blade is on High throw side, crisp feeling for limba is something special and looks perfect for new type rubbers because it acted like hard blade in slow shots and plays softer in spinny loops so you can feel good vibration.

I dont know why they discountined production
Nittaku is weird brand but Redshank is special and it plays very similiar to timo boll spark and mine weights 77 grams. I dont know where I can buy second but I will look because sometimes unknown blades have special feeling

Da Gravedigga View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Gravedigga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2021 at 1:36am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

I played today and I really enjoyed
Very stable in short game and not too fast in full swing so control is very ok.
Blade is on High throw side, crisp feeling for limba is something special and looks perfect for new type rubbers because it acted like hard blade in slow shots and plays softer in spinny loops so you can feel good vibration.

I dont know why they discontinued production
Nittaku is weird brand but Redshank is special and it plays very similiar to timo boll spark and mine weights 77 grams. I don't know where I can buy second but I will look because sometimes unknown blades have special feeling

I have a FLared Nittaku Redshank, that I haven't played with (just had a brief hit about).  I could see myself selling it.  (DM me if you are interested)

Also, tremendous dig you got going here — 6.5 yr. dig?! ☠️👷🏻‍♂️⚰️⛏ Whewww!  Impressive!Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic