Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas Challenge Speed Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 6:05pm
Would 5q also go well with Challenger Speed?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 9:03pm
i find the 5Q very fast on the challenge speed. i had a hard time controlling it at first but eventually did after maybe 3 days of adjustment
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

P7, P3, Tenzone SF, R4

do you think it could be better for pips than p700,clipper?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2012 at 1:42am
bbkon, actually they feel the same. feels closest to the clipper. i still need to try it with other pips to see if its better or not. the 802-40 on the challenge speed was average
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 5:05pm
I played today the the blade with Bluefire M1 and Rasant and I compared it with my current combination, Stratus PW with Bluefire M1 and Rasant

The blade is quite heavy 93g but real well balanced

the Speed i would say like Stratus PW, for sure not Off+

real better in passive play and generally better controll close to the table

from the half distance also good, the topspins always with a lot of spin

The topspins are definitely with lower  throw angle than Stratus PW, and for this reason i found the Challenge better close to the table

I will test more in the future days ;)

regards

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 1:58pm
yogi_bear, could you rate challenge speed's stiffness, and hardness on a scale of 10? I am debating to buy a challenge speed, avenger 7, or a clipper cr.

I appreciate it.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 8:17am
nice to know you like it carmelo.

WOLovePP, the avenger 7 is stiffer than the challenge speed because it has walnut outer plies, on a scale of 10 i would rate the challenge speed at 7.5-8, the part of the clipper cr that has the UV finish seems harder by a notch

W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 9:08am
Hi, bear, how would you rate clipper cr? stiffness, hardness...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 6:10am
about 8/10

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2013 at 6:24pm

about 8/10

80% of clipper performance? i want something a notch faster and harder than clipper cr
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2013 at 3:52am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

about 8/10

80% of clipper performance? i want something a notch faster and harder than clipper cr

Challenge Speed is a notch faster than Clipper CR from my point of view but has softer feel because the outer plys have not been hardened like on the Clipper CR. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2013 at 9:47am
8/10 is my rating in terms of stiffness if you are asking about the clipper CR, the uv coating is stiffer but the challenge speed is surprisingly faster

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 12:36pm

8/10 is my rating in terms of stiffness if you are asking about the clipper CR, the uv coating is stiffer but the challenge speed is surprisingly faster

I would like to have that blade but i think i will never do it cos greenpaddle is the worst company, they dont reply [email protected]  neither

Edited by bbkon - 03/20/2013 at 12:39pm
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 12:46pm

I would like to have that blade but i think i will never do it cos greenpaddle is the worst company, they dont reply [email protected]  neither

Hi,
www.iruiru.com has it at 5780 Japanese Yen. The thickness is 5.6 mm, but apprently it is wrong.
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 12:47pm
Sorry, it is Avenger 7, not challenge speed...
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 1:39pm
tt-japan.net has Challenge speed.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by W0LovePP W0LovePP wrote:

the shipmente fee for america is too expensive for tt-japan
comodoensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2015 at 12:14pm
how does this blade play with short/medium pips such as globe 888/dhs 874(MP), or tsp spectol/tsp tyrano(SP) ?

Planning to slap calibra tour H on the forehand though. I accidentally bought the rubber when I was hanging out at the shop, and some malicious EJ virus gets into my brain then voila ! I brought a black calibra tour H home without knowing on what blade should I put this rubber on. Strange thing it is, since I usually only use chinese rubber such as h3/tg3/sword king on the forehand, still wondering the result of challenge speed + calibra combination. my guess : speed demon LoL
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2015 at 12:37pm

Originally posted by W0LovePP W0LovePP wrote:

the shipmente fee for america is too expensive for tt-japan

I use TT-Japan and do not find there shipping rate to expensive rather its very competitive as  tracking registered insured mail.  There base price is always very competitive and they have a full range of sponge hardness which is unusual for on-line TT sellers, most sellers offer only Max or at best 2.0 and Max.  They always ship next day after receipt of order and I have never had a problem with them sending the wrong color rubber.  
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 1:19am
5q and 1q are beasts on the challenge speed. Hexer HD is just right for FH. Makes me want to get another Challenge Speed for back-up. I'm quitting the EJ trail and sticking to this blade.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2019 at 4:29pm
Impulse bought this blade in the middle of a cold winter night after ebay had yet again asked me if I was interested in table tennis blades on the very same day when just hours earlier I tried out a different Clipper clone for the first time and was amased at how much umphf and zoomph there was on my forehand.

As luck would have it, just a few days later I gave my regular 5 ply off- blade a rather horrible wack against the side of the table and because of this I'm going to give this blade a go.

Question to fellow lower intermediate players who gave switched from 5 ply to 7 ply woods: am I good enough for this blade or will it cost me vital points when I get tense at deuce in 5th?

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2019 at 5:37pm
the Challenge Speed is faster than a clipper CR so it would take some time to adjust but not that difficult to transition.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic