Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

80's/90's Stiga AR/OC Woods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 80's/90's Stiga AR/OC Woods?
    Posted: 12/15/2011 at 1:23pm

Brand New OSP V+ UTC verses Brand New Old Stiga AR UTC Big smile. They look like Twin or may be Left one is the young GrandKid & the Right one is the forever looks so young & gorgeous Grannie....LOL

Edited by tiehwen - 01/06/2013 at 4:44pm
Sponsored Links

Vkorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 1:35pm
How about these. Is type carbon blade? 

Can you comment both?

thank you.
victoryside View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 3:41pm
Oh~ men~ Those picture killing me.. kkk

Looks gorgeous!!!! Congratulations!!! You got that old lady!!!

Tiehwen I think you don't need Virtuoso normal version. I will buy it.Wink
OSP Virtuoso UTCAN
/Adidas Fibertec classic
64/05,Tenzone sf, 1Q, 5Q/
BTY Photino AN/
BTY Amultart FL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 3:48pm
What is the UTC means?

wood material?

My dictionary said 'universal time coordinated'. kkk
OSP Virtuoso UTCAN
/Adidas Fibertec classic
BTY Photino AN/
BTY Amultart FL
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by victoryside victoryside wrote:

What is the UTC means? Ulf Tickan Carlsson as described in one of the lens inserts

wood material? You'll have to check on OSP web site. It could be the same as those of OSP Expert, V & may be V+ as well

Edited by tiehwen - 12/15/2011 at 4:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 11:02pm
Is it same material as my Old stiga AR AN?

My one's sound not good and feeling is very different with Acoustic.

I'm using Xion Vega pro(fh) Hammond beta(bh).

Edited by victoryside - 12/15/2011 at 11:03pm
OSP Virtuoso UTCAN
/Adidas Fibertec classic
BTY Photino AN/
BTY Amultart FL
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2011 at 10:27am
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2012 at 9:53am
I can't help but admire the/my duo here as I see some members of the forum lately have been trying to sell not-quite-old "other" Stiga blades for ridiculously & outrageously high prices. Are they serious? Do these older Stigas deserve to be, in $$$$ term, in the same ballpark as our "beloved" Butterfly higher-ends?
Does it really mean/Is it true that "Older is Better"?
Well, only those individuals know better or as I always like to say..
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2012 at 12:41pm
collector's value i suppose. to me it sends a message about how much Stiga blades have changed
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2012 at 2:01pm
I thought the Stiga AA was light coloured while the off wood was dark. Or are those blades varnished?
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
trevor View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2012 at 2:21pm
Certainly nothing wrong with the build quality of these old Stiga Blades a bit too slow for todays game maybe but very good blades. I like the quality of the wood used on the handles, you have to pay out alot of money for that kind of quality nowdays.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2012 at 2:32pm
There is a guy at our club who has an Alser blade with a black bulbed handle, and it doesn't feel that slow at all; in fact, his feels like at least an Off- if not Off blade. I can't recall if it says "allround wood" on the wings.  His is so heavily used that maybe that would be worn off anyway.  Maybe they acquire speed as they age?
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2012 at 6:20pm
Many players don't realise that they don't have to drill the ball past their opponents to win the point. One can keep up with a powerful opponent with a slow blade like the Stiga All. Google any Appelgren video. Or view this much lower level match. 
Can you tell who has the Stiga All and who is using the super fast setup?

Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2012 at 8:14pm
I think that it's Garth whose playing with the Stiga Allround and Daniel playing with the faster bat.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2012 at 8:17pm
Correct. The slow bat was not really a disadvantage. True he could not really hit through Dan except for a well placed ball, but the over the table soft play gained quite a few advantage situations.
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2012 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Correct. The slow bat was not really a disadvantage. True he could not really hit through Dan except for a well placed ball, but the over the table soft play gained quite a few advantage situations.

What sort of rubbers does Garth Kinlock use on that AR?   Also, would that same set-up work about the same, were he using a, Appelgren Allplay, or Yasaka Sweden Classic?  
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2012 at 11:55am
Love the condition of your AR UTC - almost immaculate. Mine is pretty worn down, but still plays and feels great, of course.

But what is your opinion on: old Stiga AR UTC vs Virtuoso+ ? are they almost identical? comparable?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

What sort of rubbers does Garth Kinlock use on that AR?   Also, would that same set-up work about the same, were he using a, Appelgren Allplay, or Yasaka Sweden Classic?  

His rubbers are Tenergy 05 max both sides. Yes, swop his blade for any of those and his would be the same. He used Appelgren before and Hurricane King. He changed only because the blades became damaged.
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2012 at 3:09am

Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

His rubbers are Tenergy 05 max both sides. Yes, swop his blade for any of those and his would be the same. He used Appelgren before and Hurricane King. He changed only because the blades became damaged.

The Appelgren Allplay looks nice (particularly the ST, non-V1/V2 version).  I have Yasaka Sweden Classic.  Perhaps I'll try that.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2012 at 2:03pm
Can anyone tell me how old this blade is?  It says Legend on the handle (instead of Hans Alser).  It is surprisingly fast (about like a Korbel and MUCH faster than an OSP Virtuoso+) and relatively thin.

Edited by Baal - 06/15/2012 at 2:08pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2012 at 2:06pm
Here is a view of the same blade from the side.  The edges are a bit beat up from years of heavy use but you can see the blade composition in the handle region.

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2012 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

I can't help but admire the/my duo here as I see some members of the forum lately have been trying to sell not-quite-old "other" Stiga blades for ridiculously & outrageously high prices. Are they serious? Do these older Stigas deserve to be, in $$$$ term, in the same ballpark as our "beloved" Butterfly higher-ends?
Does it really mean/Is it true that "Older is Better"?
Well, only those individuals know better or as I always like to say..
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

I think a lot of it is also rarity. However, old stiga blades are beautiful, to say the least. However, these stiga blades are slightly more common than say, clippers, from the same time period. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2012 at 8:23am
Just as no car is really worth over 25k for everyday driving, All blades over 60USD are just there for the extra profit. There is nothing in them that will make your game better. 
But life is not like that. I'd love to have a Darker Speed 90 if I could afford it.

Edited by Tinykin - 06/16/2012 at 10:46am
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2012 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by szyna szyna wrote:

Allround Wood-SOLD
wow..well done Mr. Szyna over there in the FS section. His one almost sold for full asking price. I'm wondering how much would mine, as shown in all those previous pics., be appraised for?Big smile

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2012 at 11:56pm
 I would be one happy camper if Stiga offered the original Alser FL grip again. Fatter than Legend and so comfortable. Smile
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2012 at 10:11am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

I would be one happy camper if Stiga offered the original Alser FL grip again. Fatter than Legend and so comfortable. Smile
+1. Very true. This is the ONE, right? I've had the Stiga Optimum Sync FL Master & Optimum Plus FL Legend before, both are ok kinda blades but I didn't find those handles as good as either my Anatomic or this....

Edited by tiehwen - 11/21/2012 at 10:12am
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 4:46pm

Edited by tiehwen - 01/13/2013 at 7:28pm
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2013 at 2:17am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Can anyone tell me how old this blade is?  It says Legend on the handle (instead of Hans Alser).  It is surprisingly fast (about like a Korbel and MUCH faster than an OSP Virtuoso+) and relatively thin.

I have one of those in excellent shape if you are interested
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Dreamer21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamer21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2013 at 5:34am
I am  interested
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2013 at 5:01pm

Tongue

Edited by puppy412 - 03/30/2013 at 5:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic