Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour, Japan open Open
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour, Japan open Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 7:24pm
Jung Young Sik was 0-3 down in his previous round match. I pick Mizutani to win although Maze could cause him problems if he can find some form and the knee holds out
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
Sponsored Links

naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 7:36pm

I'm not really shocked by Timo's results....you have to play high competition consistently to remain in top form. You cant just show up all of the sudden and expect to dominate. I'm more interested in seeing how Adrien Mattenet and Michael Maze do in the next round.

who no know go know
Mike7381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike7381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 10:31pm
   Honestly, I don't think other countries can catch up anytime soon, the main reason that Chinese can dominate for so long is because Chinese government are willing to put lots of money to support this sport, also Chinese people in China loves this sport. As with other countries, their government put money elsewhere and their people have so much to choose from, Table tennis is not really a popular sport in other countries compare to other sports.
gnome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 1:38am
Disappointed with Koki vs Shibaev.  But I guess that's table tennis sometimes ...
And Maze seems to have lost all confidence in his backhand vs Miuztani.  He just guides the ball with it.

Edited by gnome - 06/09/2012 at 2:10am
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 1:42am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 2:06am
I dont know what happened to Koki Niwa but he seemed like he was totally uninterested in playing. Strange...considering he was playing in front of his home crowd......and Michael Maze looking like a character from the movie Balls of Fury....lol
who no know go know
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 2:10am
Jung Yuk Sik through to last 8 in another 7 setter! Mizutani through in straight games over Maze
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 2:21am
Ishikawa seems to dominate the under 21 but does not do so well in the women singles events......I wonder why. Top ten player who rarely makes it to the quarter or semi finals.
who no know go know
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 2:36am
Korea has 4 players in last 8 of mens and womens singles. Good win for Shen Yanfei over Wang Guyue. Looks like Joo v Mizutani in mens semi. Chuan Chih Chuang would be favourite to reach final in other half
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 3:34am
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 7:39am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 11:03am
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

I dont know what happened to Koki Niwa but he seemed like he was totally uninterested in playing. Strange...considering he was playing in front of his home crowd......and Michael Maze looking like a character from the movie Balls of Fury....lol

niwa never knew what to do
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 11:05am
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 4:01pm
k.Niwa's stroke play dynamics is quite poor. From the beginning Shibaev showed higuer level than Niwa.
Shibaev has power and a very good stroke execution. Niwa is like Ishikawa, a solid blocker and placement game but lack of good stroke and footwork dynamics. I do not like Niwa's game at all.
maybe it has to be with niwa's constitution (short arms) but about that kind of players chuan chi yuan plays with more fire. more body and footwork working together.

At the same time Shibaev has improved. 

Edited by ejmaster - 06/09/2012 at 4:09pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 4:28pm
Surprise results are to some extent explained by Germans Japanese and Koreans all probabably just back from Heavy training camps with the olympics coming up.
As the the olympics gets closer the periodisation training will lighten, and hopefully all those players will be hot in London

Edited by pingpongpaddy - 06/10/2012 at 3:05pm
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 5:37pm
i really like what im seeing from Jun Mizutani. He's more aggressive, staying fairly close to table and most importantly, attacking with his BH as well. :OO vutiendat1337 likes it
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

k.Niwa's stroke play dynamics is quite poor.

Thats a very strong statement. A very young top 20 player with a recent incredible victory over the mighty Ma Long. He also was able to take two sets of Ma Long in the China Open a few weeks ago. Its funny how critical us fans can become at times. I wish I had half of Niwa's poor stroke play dynamics. LOL
who no know go know
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 6:34pm
I think he meant that in the match vs Shibaev Niwa's technique was pretty poor. That is true  - he really played below his level there, I dunno why...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 7:16pm

Jim...I was just messing with ej....I knew he didnt mean it overall....Shibaev is pretty good and getting better.....he took down Joo See Hyuk in 5 sets....impressive.

who no know go know
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 9:27pm
The reason why Ma Long lost to Koki Niwa was Ma Long tried to stay close-to-table with speedy medium paced shots(where Koki was much faster and deceptive). He still did that during the China Open but won due to superior technique. Shibaev knew what tactics to execute against Koki Niwa, hard loops to ensure Koki doesn't get into a rhythm, stay mid-table to allow himself to produce power comfortably, and aim for the angles(Koki has less court coverage).
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

Jim...I was just messing with ej....I knew he didnt mean it overall....Shibaev is pretty good and getting better.....he took down Joo See Hyuk in 5 sets....impressive.

i always felt that shibaev was an uprising star
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 11:36pm

Oh Sang Eun makes the game look so easy. His blocking game is one of the best all time. Shibaev vs Mitzutani up next.......

who no know go know
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by martian22 martian22 wrote:

why hasnt timo been competing at all this year?

avoiding back injuries for sure, this time will be the last chance for him

Avoiding the CNT if you ask me. He always finds time to go when the chinese don't show.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 12:46am
Damnit...I really wanted Shibaev to win...came back from 3-1 and was leading easily in the 7th game but blew it...Mizutani just scrapes out so many wins he by all means shouldn't get somehow...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 12:47am
Yeah... after 8-4 Alexander lost 6 in a row. Too bad, i also really wanted him to win, he was darn close!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 12:57am
What do you guys think of the Chinese commentator? I didn't like him. He was mispronouncing names all day and using lots of broken English. His knowledge of the game was also very limited, he pretty much only stated simple facts. "Gao Ning was originally from China.." I mean anybody state facts or read fact cards. It would have been better to have a pretty girl commentator stating facts instead of him.  
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 1:07am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Avoiding the CNT if you ask me. He always finds time to go when the chinese don't show.

not my words ,german coach prety close to timo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 1:24am
Shibaev needed a time out in the 7th but he had already used it. He just rushed the points once up 8-4 and needed to regroup. Good effort nonetheless
who no know go know
konnichwakid1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konnichwakid1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 1:27am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

I would agree with avoiding back injuries. Stay healthy and train just hard enough to be primed and physically fit. 
Jun Mizutani with Tenergies
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 1:57am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Timo can't even win a competition when there are no Chinese there - doesn't bode well for the Olympics...

My heart is broken...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic