Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>
Author
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 2:47pm
Video of member Seguso playing (wearing the all black outfit):

Sponsored Links

jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 3:27pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiWkhBG-qmc

Me training my student David. I am the adult playing penhold, obviously.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Video of member Seguso playing (wearing the all black outfit):

Good game. Four quick comments for seguso

a) work on your BH swing when you attack - it has to begin lower, from racket being dipped
b) maintain better balance - you need to recover your body equilibrium faster
c) work on executing your FH attack with some more power - you are relying a lot on good placement but often (against better opponents) you need more "oomph" so to speak.

Good touch, consistency, and very nice tenacity! FTW!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by jdzhao jdzhao wrote:

Oh I wish I had a training room like that. Green with envy... :)
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Oh I wish I had a training room like that. Green with envy... :)
The basement is a pleasure but it is also where all my $$$ goes....:(

And I am sure you will have yours one day :)

Edited by jdzhao - 02/18/2013 at 3:48pm
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 4:01pm
You're very smooth JD. Why is there a window in your basement?
Had no idea you were a giant Peter. 6'3" 220lbs?
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

You're very smooth JD. 
Thank you.

Why is there a window in your basement?
Just an opening to the outside, not really a window.

Had no idea you were a giant Peter. 6'3" 220lbs?
Huh? Come again? 
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 4:21pm

I was at the Seemiller camp that David attended late last year and his forehand stroke is way too big.  He starts swinging way too hard and ends up smacking the ball with less than ideal spin.  Dan was on him constantly along with the other coaches.

Edited by Carbon TT - 02/18/2013 at 4:25pm
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 6:06pm

is this a vacuum cleaner adapted to ball picking (behind the young man on his right) ? if yes it beats the crap out of the ping pong buddy Big smile

jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

is this a vacuum cleaner adapted to ball picking (behind the young man on his right) ? if yes it beats the crap out of the ping pong buddy Big smile

No, it is a standard Joola ball picker available to anyone who pays $25. But I give you credit for letting your imagination run wild :)
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 7:25pm

No, it is a standard Joola ball picker available to anyone who pays $25. But I give you credit for letting your imagination run wild :)
I could not find it online (for comparison purposes). do you have a link maybe?
http://www.megaspin.net/store/large-image.asp?pid=j-ball-picker
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2013 at 9:22pm
right on! we can't find a way to get there from the site (no link to it); I guess that's why I could not find it. thanks for the link.
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2013 at 4:02pm
I am not sure if I am doing this right, anyhow this is the first time I have seen and videoed myself play. Match date is 28.05.2013. Using my backup equipment: Donic Li Ping Kitex, Donic Bluefire M2 Max, Donic Desto F3 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY7HvjvMNTA

Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
sevi78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sevi78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 5:59am
This is a video of mine last year. 
Do not know how to put it, so I leave the link for anyone who wants to see it. 
regards
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 8:38am
There are usually two guys playing. Which one are you?
Entering_ripcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Entering_ripcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 9:23am

The video was taken awhile ago, I'm the one with the long hair. At the time I was having some equipment issues which caused my technique to be affected. I was using mendo on the fh and byrce on the bh with a clipper fl blade. The mendo was causing my throw to be too low which I didn't realize at the time. I switched to a more forgiving rubber Markv and i found that because I was no longer adjusting to the low throw my technique was more perfect. My opponent in the match plays a really tricky style that causes his opponent to seemingly make a lot of easy mistakes. He actually varies spins really well which causes his opponents to look foolish. We are both better players than we appear in this video.

Edited by Entering_ripcity - 05/29/2014 at 10:00am
sevi78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sevi78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 9:55am
Hello! I'm the red shirt. In the last game I'm playing with right hand.
Play with:

Stiga Graphite Wood

FH / BH Joola Rhyzm Max
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 12:43pm
A recent video of me.. unfortunately, a close loss from earlier this month at the St. Louis Open.

Edited by Pushblocker - 05/29/2014 at 12:47pm
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Entering_ripcity Entering_ripcity wrote:

The video was taken awhile ago, I'm the one with the long hair. At the time I was having some equipment issues which caused my technique to be affected. I was using mendo on the fh and byrce on the bh with a clipper fl blade. The mendo was causing my throw to be too low which I didn't realize at the time. I switched to a more forgiving rubber Markv and i found that because I was no longer adjusting to the low throw my technique was more perfect. My opponent in the match plays a really tricky style that causes his opponent to seemingly make a lot of easy mistakes. He actually varies spins really well which causes his opponents to look foolish. We are both better players than we appear in this video.

City,

Glad you made this realization early on, my question is, do you think the extra dwell time on the Mark V made your shots less deadly and therefore made you a less potent player? Also, Clipper is a 7 ply blade, i'm not sure what type of wood the plies are, but i firmly believe that Ayous wood is the best choice for your game. Would you consider this switch? 
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 2:58pm
i needed some dramamine after that video

ohhhhh...my head......

:)
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

i needed some dramamine after that video

ohhhhh...my head......

:)
============================

Not watchable.
Should use a Tripod.  

Never hand-hold a camera to do video recording.
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

A recent video of me.. unfortunately, a close loss from earlier this month at the St. Louis Open.

===========================

What is your opponent's rating?
Thank you very much.
skip3119
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Thank you very much.

LOL - It says his rating right in the videos title: "Olivier Mader -  USATT Rating: 2155"

Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by sevi78 sevi78 wrote:

Hello! I'm the red shirt. In the last game I'm playing with right hand.

Nice game you've got, Sevi... thanks for sharing. Smile

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 3:53pm
Pondus:  

Thanks.
His opponent's rating is 2265.
I just watched the whole video, but did not pay attention to the title.
You gave me the hint.

skip3119
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 4:29pm

Thank you very much.
2265.. but he was over 2300 for a while but dropped.. I believe that he is over 2300 again now..

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Thank you very much.

LOL - It says his rating right in the videos title: "Olivier Mader -  USATT Rating: 2155"

that's my current rating.. I used to be over 2200 for a while and even hit 2300 but dropped when I started changing my game.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 5:02pm
Here's another recent video from club play against a 1800 player..

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

City,

Glad you made this realization early on, my question is, do you think the extra dwell time on the Mark V made your shots less deadly and therefore made you a less potent player? Also, Clipper is a 7 ply blade, i'm not sure what type of wood the plies are, but i firmly believe that Ayous wood is the best choice for your game. Would you consider this switch? 

Remember please, Tuning is illegal.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Entering_ripcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Entering_ripcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

City,

I think the mendo was just not suitable for high level players like myself. Of course I would switch my main goal in life is to try every different rubber and blade out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>
  Share Topic