Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 25>
Author
Entering_ripcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Entering_ripcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

Originally posted by Entering_ripcity Entering_ripcity wrote:

The video was taken awhile ago, I'm the one with the long hair. At the time I was having some equipment issues which caused my technique to be affected. I was using mendo on the fh and byrce on the bh with a clipper fl blade. The mendo was causing my throw to be too low which I didn't realize at the time. I switched to a more forgiving rubber Markv and i found that because I was no longer adjusting to the low throw my technique was more perfect. My opponent in the match plays a really tricky style that causes his opponent to seemingly make a lot of easy mistakes. He actually varies spins really well which causes his opponents to look foolish. We are both better players than we appear in this video.

City,

Glad you made this realization early on, my question is, do you think the extra dwell time on the Mark V made your shots less deadly and therefore made you a less potent player? Also, Clipper is a 7 ply blade, i'm not sure what type of wood the plies are, but i firmly believe that Ayous wood is the best choice for your game. Would you consider this switch? 

Remember please, Tuning is illegal.

Great advise thank you I'll keep that in mind in the future. Can you give me some coaching or did I mess that up by calling your redundant post crap. 
Sponsored Links

sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2014 at 3:19am
Me practicing last week. Doing a drill with a coach whom I've not seen for about 6 months.

In mitigation I was rather exhausted and jet lagged. I'm a penholder with RPB.

Sandiway

Edited by sandiway - 05/30/2014 at 3:22am
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2014 at 3:39am
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Me practicing last week. Doing a drill with a coach whom I've not seen for about 6 months.

Sandiway

wow you play very good, if we were to play im lucky if i get 2 points in a game
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2014 at 3:43am
Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

wow you play very good, if we were to play im lucky if i get 2 points in a game

You're probably looking at the wrong guy. The coach is also a penholder with RPB.

Sandiway

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2014 at 3:57am
nah, that just how i estimate how low my level is. im getting coaching now adays i hope i can improve more
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

sevi78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sevi78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2014 at 2:11pm
Another video of mine, this is older than the other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8CB4Y0uM64

Edited by sevi78 - 06/06/2014 at 5:18am
Play with:

Stiga Graphite Wood

FH / BH Joola Rhyzm Max
sevi78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sevi78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2014 at 12:16pm
What can be my rating estimation?
Regards.

Edited by sevi78 - 06/06/2014 at 5:40am
Play with:

Stiga Graphite Wood

FH / BH Joola Rhyzm Max
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2014 at 2:36pm
Video of you in a match?
sevi78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sevi78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2014 at 5:14am
I don't know why can't we see the video. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwlIu1MpKh0

Thanks and regards

Edited by sevi78 - 06/06/2014 at 5:15am
Play with:

Stiga Graphite Wood

FH / BH Joola Rhyzm Max
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2014 at 5:42am
I think around 2000. Little hard to tell. Selected shots and opponents were all weaker at 1700-1900.
Originally posted by sevi78 sevi78 wrote:

I don't know why can't we see the video. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwlIu1MpKh0

Thanks and regards
sevi78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sevi78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2014 at 5:53am
I think around 2000. Little hard to tell. Selected shots and opponents were all weaker at 1700-1900.

you're right, a video clipping is difficult to estimate. Here I have another video of a full game. regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpp5wybpVXk
Play with:

Stiga Graphite Wood

FH / BH Joola Rhyzm Max
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2014 at 3:23pm
http://youtu.be/3j3sXvFx5A0
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2014 at 5:12am
I would say around 1900. Good come back on 4th game. Clap

Originally posted by sevi78 sevi78 wrote:

you're right, a video clipping is difficult to estimate. Here I have another video of a full game. regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpp5wybpVXk
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2014 at 8:04am
That match was all about the serve.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2014 at 12:18am
My matches from yesterday...

vs. David Sakai

vs. Khoa Nguyen, former Olympian

2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2014 at 11:14pm
Enjoyed the matches.
skip3119
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

vs. David Sakai

Good Win PB !

Dave Sakai is a veteran. I wonder why a lot of his serves were illegal, not going up 6 inches ?
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 12:19am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

vs. David Sakai

Good Win PB !

Dave Sakai is a veteran. I wonder why a lot of his serves were illegal, not going up 6 inches ?

Some of them might not be 6 inches but I didn't see any unfair advantage from it, so I didn't complain.
However, almost all of Khoa's serves were at least borderline illegal as he was hiding contact with his body.. I say borderline as my position when returning serves is not wide in the backhand side but in the middle of the table and his body was hiding contact on almost all serves but I understand that if I would be at the backhand corner like most players, his body would NOT be in the way as I could see the ball and contact. However, as I return all serves with my backhand, I need to be in the middle of the table.

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 1:09am
Here's another one.. This was a very good match against John Thach Tran.. Very close match..

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 2:41am

However, almost all of Khoa's serves were at least borderline illegal as he was hiding contact with his body.. I say borderline as my position when returning serves is not wide in the backhand side but in the middle of the table and his body was hiding contact on almost all serves but I understand that if I would be at the backhand corner like most players, his body would NOT be in the way as I could see the ball and contact. However, as I return all serves with my backhand, I need to be in the middle of the table.
That doesn't make Khoa's serves borderline illegal.  It makes them clearly illegal but borderline nuisance for you personally.  The serve has to be visible anywhere along the baseline.  Suppose you were a left-handed, forehand dominant player? Then you would stand not in the center of the  table but straight down the line for Khoa, making the serves even more invisible.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 8:54am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

That doesn't make Khoa's serves borderline illegal.  It makes them clearly illegal but borderline nuisance for you personally.  The serve has to be visible anywhere along the baseline.  Suppose you were a left-handed, forehand dominant player? Then you would stand not in the center of the  table but straight down the line for Khoa, making the serves even more invisible.

Agreed.  The real problem is that it might not have made a difference anyways.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 8:57am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

vs. David Sakai

Good Win PB !

Actually, the problem is more common with veterans because they were allowed to virtually serve out of their hands at a point.  I've watched Dave play many times and he is very consistent about how he uses the serve so I don't see an opponent feeling rushed or anything like that.  He has other legal serves he can use if you complain.
Cybershape Carbon
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 12:48pm
I make a highlight video per tournament. 

Edited by Eric Fountain - 06/09/2014 at 12:49pm
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 1:04pm
I know those are just the high lights but there are more good TT rallies in this video that what I see in most of the other matches I have seen here.  Eric is fun to watch.

What I don't like is the way Eric cuts up his videos.  It would be nice to see all the high lights against one player at once.

hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

I know those are just the high lights but there are more good TT rallies in this video that what I see in most of the other matches I have seen here.  Eric is fun to watch.

What I don't like is the way Eric cuts up his videos.  It would be nice to see all the high lights against one player at once.

I've very surprised to see those kinds of points in an under 1700 event.  It's rare to see that.  I think the defensive nature brings it out.  One of the players are my club ends up with a lot of exciting points - he backs up and plays a lot of defense w/ chops and lobs..

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

Good stuff.   I know it's a highlight reel, but possible power and stroke choice problems aside, I love your stroke discipline and can't see why you are 1700...

Edited by NextLevel - 06/09/2014 at 1:18pm
Cybershape Carbon
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

Nice video! I like the point @ :42
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 1:37pm

Sandiway

Excellent! Your RPB is deadly Thumbs Up
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 1:42pm
Yeah - I find it depressing when coaches continually block my killer loops in drills... but when I play my opponents in matches, I see the difference...
Cybershape Carbon
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

can't see why you are 1700...

Just the nature of cherry picking highlight points (although I do take care to mix winning and losing points to make everyone look good together). In reality there are countless unforced errors to go with awful conditioning, stroke issues, etc. At the end of the day rating doesn't lie. Also, to the person before - I am about that level but these points are across all events so many of the opponents are higher rated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 25>
  Share Topic