Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
Author
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2022 at 4:29pm
Some highlights from my matches at this year's US Open!  Happy to have made it to u1900 quarterfinals after more than a year away from competition, but unfortunately I also picked up a mild case of covid at this tournament Ouch.  Hoping other members may have won some titles without getting sick!

Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Sponsored Links

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2022 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

Some highlights from my matches at this year's US Open!  Happy to have made it to u1900 quarterfinals after more than a year away from competition, but unfortunately I also picked up a mild case of covid at this tournament Ouch.  Hoping other members may have won some titles without getting sick!

Great work, congrats! 

BTW, what made you choose the TB ALC over the HL5? 
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2022 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Great work, congrats! 

Thank you, I wanted something more linear and easier to control close to the table.  HL5 is a more powerful and better feeling blade with a lot of catapult, but I find it hard to control when I'm not on the offensive.  TB ALC seems more stable especially for counters, blocking, and rallying in general.

Dynasty / H3 / H3
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2022 at 8:06pm
What are you boosting with?
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2022 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

What are you boosting with?

Haifu Seamoon

Dynasty / H3 / H3
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2022 at 10:16pm

Great work, congrats! 

Thank you, I wanted something more linear and easier to control close to the table.  HL5 is a more powerful and better feeling blade with a lot of catapult, but I find it hard to control when I'm not on the offensive.  TB ALC seems more stable especially for counters, blocking, and rallying in general.

Thanks! That's kind of how I feel about the difference between the two blades as well. I play a very similar style as you, but I've been a huge Ma Long fan for more than a decade, he inspired me to start playing in the first place 12 years go, so I'm probably gonna end up using the HL5 anyway LOL

Heck, I love the YSE and probably should just stick with it, but playing with my idol's namesake blade is just so alluring! I guess I'll just have to develop a game more like his Embarrassed Or at least more like SYS's since he uses the blade too and my physical abilities are closer to hers than ML's.

BTW, this may just be due to the limited footage in a highlight reel, but you seem to be more FH oriented now than in 2018, any reason for the change? 
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2022 at 11:26pm

Thanks! That's kind of how I feel about the difference between the two blades as well. I play a very similar style as you, but I've been a huge Ma Long fan for more than a decade, he inspired me to start playing in the first place 12 years go, so I'm probably gonna end up using the HL5 anyway LOL

Heck, I love the YSE and probably should just stick with it, but playing with my idol's namesake blade is just so alluring! I guess I'll just have to develop a game more like his Embarrassed Or at least more like SYS's since he uses the blade too and my physical abilities are closer to hers than ML's.

BTW, this may just be due to the limited footage in a highlight reel, but you seem to be more FH oriented now than in 2018, any reason for the change? 

I will probably return to the HL5 myself in the future when I improve more!  It is a super fun blade to use but I just make a lot of unforced errors with it at the moment.

And I think my forehand orientation was a result of the style matchups I got in this tournament.  I think I played more choppers, lefties, and pips/anti styles than I did right-handed inverted players this year LOL

Dynasty / H3 / H3
johncreat31 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johncreat31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2022 at 3:11am
Wow s chen, very impressive cpen skills! Did you play other events? With that playing, you looked like you could have taken the next higher event too Thumbs Up

Edited by johncreat31 - 01/12/2023 at 8:44am
Jack C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2022 at 3:07pm
Congratulations S Chen! Gotta learn some of your penholder skills for my own game, A++++!
BTY ZJK SUPER ZLC CPEN/STIGA XX CS
FH: DIGNICS 09C/ H3 NATIONAL
BH: SKYLINE 3-60

My Feedback
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2022 at 3:15pm
Thank you both!  I played 8 events, but only advanced in 1900 this year.

Dynasty / H3 / H3
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2023 at 2:04pm
well done schen, kudos on the lightness and smoothness moving around on your feet!
alas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2023 at 10:30am
Nice fluid integration of TPB with RPB! 
-Eric
Nittaku Acoustic (Ch.Pen)
DHS Skyline TG-2 NEO
DHS Skyline 3-60
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2023 at 11:05pm
After taking a 2 and a half year hiatus from playing, I returned to active playing around Thanksgiving in November. I'm still shaking off the rust but I am feeling better than I was a couple of months ago.

Here is a video from a practice session on Friday. I am using an Xiom 36.5 ALX blade with Stiga DNA Dragon Grip on the forehand and Victas Curl P5V with a SpinLord Waran sponge in 1.8mm. I am trying to use long pips to hit offensively like short pips, block like short pips, chop block like long pips, and chop like long pips in that order of priority relative to my game with chopping being a real "plan D" situation. This custom backhand rubber I have made is very unique. I really love it and it seems to come as close to my goals as I can expect but I'm curious about trying P5V on a VO > 101 sponge at some point. I'm not trying to write a full review right now but I can happily answer any questions about my equipment if anyone has them.

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2023 at 12:34pm
A few highlights from the 2023 US Open!  Was anyone else there this year?

Dynasty / H3 / H3
alas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2023 at 3:45pm
Nice chops Steven!
-Eric
Nittaku Acoustic (Ch.Pen)
DHS Skyline TG-2 NEO
DHS Skyline 3-60
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2023 at 7:03pm

Well done Steven.  Good backhand, but I feel like you were being rather reserved on unleashing your RPB.  Try to follow through with your RPB stroke more.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2023 at 12:20am
I was there and watched a few minutes of Steven play.  
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2024 at 11:28am
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2024 at 12:03pm
Who is that handsome man practicing serves? totally mesmerizing!!! (the serves)
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2024 at 3:18am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Who is that handsome man practicing serves? totally mesmerizing!!! (the serves)

someone who picked up a lot of weight over the past 3 years, that I heard, needs to buy new clothes/pants etc etc
PingPongPom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2024 at 11:32am
Alright here's one of this dusty tired old relic lol practice hours and tournaments played have been on a rapid decline for at least 5-6 years now, but I still have some moments. If you want the backstory on the match check the video description too - it was a hell of a rough start.

http://mhtabletennis.com
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2024 at 3:45am
Originally posted by PingPongPom PingPongPom wrote:

Alright here's one of this dusty tired old relic lol practice hours and tournaments played have been on a rapid decline for at least 5-6 years now, but I still have some moments. If you want the backstory on the match check the video description too - it was a hell of a rough start.

Nice work, and nice adjustments! Your opponent has a weak first loop whether it's an opening loop or a counter. It seems like rather than playing it safe and block or give a weak counter you started capitalizing on it by counter looping that weak sauce back before he can wind up for his 2nd finishing loop.

Edited by dingyibvs - 01/19/2024 at 3:46am
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2024 at 3:12pm

Nice work dude, that RPB is looking increasingly deadly! Nice chopping too, I see you've got a little Xu Xin in you LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
  Share Topic