Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

I just received a fake Viscaria.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I just received a fake Viscaria.
    Posted: 08/06/2013 at 4:50am
Found a good, reputable Ebay seller in the UK who had a Viscaria left in stock. It came today, and it's very clearly a (well-made) fake. I'm terribly disappointed, and annoyed. I've asked the seller for refund and return before I escalate the dispute with PayPal.

Please join me in my frustration. Arrrgghhhh. Here are some pictures, on request.

T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
Sponsored Links

silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 5:07am
ebay is full of fakes. if you want a genuine article, you should just buy from a reputable vendor.
what is the big deal about Viscaria?? personally, i find the TBS or TB ALC to be equally good. paypal should be able to sort this out for you with no problems since the seller sold you a fake.
RSM Special Platinum T64
yesyup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yesyup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 5:12am
Lots of fake Viscaria nowadays. Cry

tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 5:12am
Originally posted by silva7 silva7 wrote:

ebay is full of fakes. if you want a genuine article, you should just buy from a reputable vendor.
what is the big deal about Viscaria?? personally, i find the TBS or TB ALC to be equally good. paypal should be able to sort this out for you with no problems since the seller sold you a fake.

There is no 'reputable vendor' (i.e. Teesport) in the UK selling Viscarias.

As for why, I've been told the Viscaria has a bigger handle. I like the TB ALC, but the handle is too small. I want the TB ALC but with a bigger handle, i.e. I want the Viscaria. 
andrei2412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrei2412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 5:48am
If you paid via pay pal you dont have to worry at all. Pay pal will ensure you get your money back. Make sure you sent back via recorded mail with tracking information.
I sold many blades and rubbers on ebay and in my opinion it is the easiest and fastest way to sell your product.
kajba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kajba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 6:12am
Picture?
Primary blade:
Appelgren Allplat V2
FH: DHS H3 NAT
BH: Donic M2

BTY Viscaria
BH: Mark V
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 6:20am
Originally posted by andrei2412 andrei2412 wrote:

If you paid via pay pal you dont have to worry at all. Pay pal will ensure you get your money back. Make sure you sent back via recorded mail with tracking information.
I sold many blades and rubbers on ebay and in my opinion it is the easiest and fastest way to sell your product.

Thanks. Not worried about my money; as you say, I bought via Paypal, and also have my credit card company to chase if needs be. It simply surprised me as this is a seller with years of transactions, and almost 100% positive feedback. Either nobody has noticed the fakes, or this is one accidental fake among other genuines, or he's been very lucky to get away with it.
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 6:31am
Was that from ppongcouk? Did you do the transaction outside ebay?
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 6:48am
I've added some pictures of the fake Viscaria to my first post. As I said, it's a fairly well-done fake, but the differences are immediately apparent. The last photo, alongside a genuine Timo Boll ZLF, is especially telling.
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 6:51am
Oh, and I should add: the box it came in has no serial number.
kajba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kajba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 7:04am
How did you find out its fake except the bottom logo?
Primary blade:
Appelgren Allplat V2
BH: Donic M2

BTY Viscaria
BH: Mark V
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 7:21am
Originally posted by kajba kajba wrote:

How did you find out its fake except the bottom logo?

There's something noticeably wrong in every photo. Think of it as a game: see what you can spot...
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 7:21am
The grey layer should be visible on the handle neck.
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

The grey layer should be visible on the handle neck.

Bingo, that's one. And the finishing quality is noticeable even in the photo - the glue residue all over the top of the handle piece. That's not Butterfly.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:18am
Best fake one Ive seen, thats worrying
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:22am
Probably this is the way Butterfly is supporting their own high prices, by releasing slightly different items and making us believe they are fakes.
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:28am
One slightly off-topic but very relevant question: is the handle on the Michael Maze (FL) bigger than the handle on the Timo Boll (FL) series? If it is, I could just get that rather than attempt to find a genuine Viscaria.
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:40am
my advice. if you buy from ebay buy galaxy ALC blades, they play just aswell as butterfly blades are much cheaper and there are no fakes, they are less pretty though i'll admit
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by tabten5 tabten5 wrote:

One slightly off-topic but very relevant question: is the handle on the Michael Maze (FL) bigger than the handle on the Timo Boll (FL) series? If it is, I could just get that rather than attempt to find a genuine Viscaria.

just compared the two. it is hard to tell but i believe that the MM is slightly bigger than the TBS Fl but only noticeable at the middle of the handle. Maze is an excellent blade, softer feel and more control. 
RSM Special Platinum T64
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:47am
Originally posted by silva7 silva7 wrote:

Originally posted by tabten5 tabten5 wrote:

just compared the two. it is hard to tell but i believe that the MM is slightly bigger than the TBS Fl but only noticeable at the middle of the handle. Maze is an excellent blade, softer feel and more control. 

Many thanks. The middle of the handle is where I have the problem - the wraparound. I have big hands, and the handle on the ZLF slips around in my hand too much. I've just ordered a Maze, so I hope it feels more comfortable. If not, I'm giving up table tennis to become a monk. Stern Smile
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 12:17pm
The exterior of blades may differ a little bit from a manufactory to a manufactory.

So, it is rather impossible to tell a fake product outright, unless you have got a proficient expertise of the product authentity.. Hence can you never make any accusation against and ask for any money refund from the seller.

Are you a certified expert on table tennis products???
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 12:34pm
tabten5 I am so sorry for your temporary loss; that taste in the mouth when we figure we've being taken is so bitter isnt't it? thanks for sharing.

I do not understand the "grey layer in the handle neck" mentioned above.
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 1:49pm
Note the difference at the top of the neck between the photo tabten5 posted (1st pic) and the following pic (2nd pic) from Butterfly online.  Notice the bottom gray layer of the handle that touches the blade itself does not extend beyond the natural layer above it on the fake.

F3S | Tulpe T-7007 | F3S
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 2:17pm
Precisely, Brainstorm69 - well put. That last layer is also not perfectly flush with the previous layer - there are gaps. Again, I've never seen a Butterfly blade like that.
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

The exterior of blades may differ a little bit from a manufactory to a manufactory.

So, it is rather impossible to tell a fake product outright, unless you have got a proficient expertise of the product authentity.. Hence can you never make any accusation against and ask for any money refund from the seller.

Are you a certified expert on table tennis products???

If you cannot see the difference between a genuine, premium Butterfly blade and a (good) fake, I cannot help you. But a fake this certainly is. You also, of course, do not have the advantage of seeing it in the flesh and (importantly) holding it, feeling it. But even without that, I would suggest a diagnosis of fake from the photos I have provided is the only possible conclusion. I would guess you have never owned a premium Butterfly blade yourself.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Brainstorm69 Brainstorm69 wrote:

Note the difference at the top of the neck between the photo tabten5 posted (1st pic) and the following pic (2nd pic) from Butterfly online.  Notice the bottom gray layer of the handle that touches the blade itself does not extend beyond the natural layer above it on the fake.
YES! now I got it; thank you Thumbs Up
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 4:08pm
The base of the handle is too "oval".
The position of the Silver label is kinda "Skewed".
The Neck areas (2 x radii) are too wide & it's so much different from mine which I got from my dear friend buddy o Pal, John Lam.
I thought you almost got 1 from him months ago..no?
Oh was that you who questioned the authencity of his when he had his out FS?
I remember some 1 had doubt about his....but not me.
I never go to EBay for any of the Btflies, if I want 1.
I also know that some well-known Reseller from mytt is trying to unload his "gems/oldies" there which I always question the sources he got those from.
Too bad & I hope others could learn a lesson or 2 from your post here.
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Too bad & I hope others could learn a lesson or 2 from your post here.

I posted the pictures precisely for this reason - so that others can compare. Unfortunately, with fakes as good as these, you won't know until it is delivered to you, but if you protect yourself properly you will be able to secure a refund.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 4:46pm
From the pictures above I am sure now that all viscarias I purchased in my country are fake. Though it had more woody feel like a stiga. Butterfly should have a solution for this and put an online database where we can introduce the serial number and we get the country where it is shipped to and the reseller . It is only way to avoid fakes. The one I had played well and looked handmade but after all it was a fake!
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

I thought you almost got 1 from him months ago..no?
Oh was that you who questioned the authencity of his when he had his out FS?
I remember some 1 had doubt about his....but not me.

Yep,  the OP is the person that falsely accused me. I can't even defend myself because he won't reveal his source.  Not good. Angry

The Karma train has arrived.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic