FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: Nittaku Meister Holz Sieben

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Nittaku Meister Holz Sieben
    Posted: 08/11/2014 at 3:03am
I had the privilege of testing this masterpiece courtesy of Tabletennis11.com.  For all your table tennis needs, tabletennis11.com is your #1 shop and destination.  Visit tabletennis11.com for more products. LOL Nice infomercial.

I paired a Tenergy 05 on forehand and T64 on backhand for the sake of this review, as most users here play with either rubbers.

Packaging: Excellent package, a cardboard box with another fancy paper insert.  It made the blade appear very high class.  If only the second insert contains foam instead of just papers, that would make the packaging even more elegant.

Appearance: The Meister Holz Sieben is an 7-ply allwood blade.  The outer ply resembles that of Hinoki, but the print says Spruce Wood, not sure if the two are the same.  The ST handle is slightly enlarged compared to the typical Butterfly ST handles.  But it feels much more comfortable than the Stiga and Yasaka handles combined.  The handle is very nicely designed, the tag at the end of the handle also looks very nice.  The shoulders are factory sanded I believe as they are already sanded when I received it from the previous member. 

Initial Impression: Besides the top outer plies being Hinoki or Spruce Wood, I have no idea what the rest of the composition is.   Although the middle layers do look like some wood that I've seen in a Darker blade, such as the 7P-2A.  The bounce feels like a hinoki wood, except with slightly more power and speed, because of the 7-ply, yet it also has a little bit of vibration.  I think vibrations are inevitable when it comes to multi-ply hinoki blades.

Speed: The speed is faster than some of the popular multi-layered hinoki blades, such as the Tibhar H-3-9, or the Darker 7P-2A.  But it is a bit slower than some of the monster allwood blades like the Mazunov or the Tenor.  But as far as speed goes, I think it is ideal for an allwood blade given that it doesn't weight too much to begin with, at 90 grams.

Spin/Control: Because the blade is all-wood, it does have a bit of flex in it, so it's good for topspin or adding a variety of other spins.  The control also compliments the spin well given the Hinoki-like outer layers.  The soft feel is terrific for the short-game too.

Blocking/Driving: I have always played with blades with virtually no vibrations at all, so I was somewhat unaccustomed to the feedback that it provided every time I hit the ball.  Besides this small complaint, blocking and driving do stand out very well on this blade.  When paired with T64, the ball speeds up a notch, making it ideal for precision backhand blocking.  T05 is good for driving on the forehand, as it keeps the ball in bound.

Overall impression: This is one of a few very high quality allwood blades that I've ever played with.  Everything that this blade does are there for different playing styles and players of all levels.  The Holz Sieben can be used for the offensive two-winged looping game, or even a lack of frill allround game.  This blade is also friendly for players of all levels, from kids, adults, to even seniors, everyone can benefit from the excellent control and speed that this blade offers.

Sponsored Links

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2017 at 12:48pm
What is the speed feel spin compared to any popular blade like viscaria clipper violin acoustic, any please?
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2017 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

What is the speed feel spin compared to any popular blade like viscaria clipper violin acoustic, any please?

wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2017 at 1:07pm
How does it feel comparing to the Barwell Fleet?
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2017 at 3:32pm
Barewell fleet is not a looping machine, it is somewhat hollow and bouncy. You would be better with an alc or a real feel plywood like i am searching now.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic