Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am proud to present ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am proud to present ...
    Posted: 11/19/2014 at 1:10pm
... my little collection of old and rare blades. 

This collection is not as big as some others, which are posted here on MyTT. It is more specialized, with a focus on old Stiga blades of the end of the 60`s up to the beginning of the 90`s, supplemented by some other brands (Donic, Nittaku, Butterfly). I will add one blade each day within the next two months and I hope, you enjoy it.

I will start with the main part of my collection: STIGA.  

In the 60`s up to the beginning of the 70`s Stiga was the leading company and produced much more tabletennis-blades than any other company, although they had only one single blade-composition (limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba), today still a classical Allround Wood composition. But the thickness varied a lot (from 4,8 mm up to 6,0 mm). Therefore you can find All-, but also Off blades from this time. 

In the beginning Stiga produced three different kinds of handles (FL, ST and CO, with some variations) and every kind of handle got the name of a famous player with Stiga-contract. 

All blades were manufactured very carefully with special material and special producing-methods. For example Stiga used old veneers, which had a long time to dry very slowly. They used a natural glue (hide-glue, bone-glue), the handle-parts were glued with very low pressure and nailed with two (some blades with three) nails.

This was the best time for Stiga and nearly all champions were playing with Stiga blades. Since 1974 the blades were still good, but they had not the same quality like the older peaces. I don`t know why, but most Stiga-experts will agree to this view. 

The 60`s Stiga blades had a funny shape, more square than today and with really big head sizes, not really playable today. So I decided to start my collection with the first "modern" blades, beginning at the end of the 60`s.

Edited by Magic_M - 11/19/2014 at 1:48pm
Sponsored Links

mahomedy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 1:22pm
no pictures yet..
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 1:30pm
The "letter-collection"

These blades from the end of the 60`s up to the middle of the 70`s had a sticker with the picture of a player on the handle. Below this picture there was a big black letter, mostly the first letter of the first or second name of the player.

Ladies first: Let`s start with the only female-player in my collection

Marita Neidert

This blade is one of the rarest blades in my collection and is produced between 1969 and 1971.

Marita Neidert was a very successful female-player in Sweden. Between 1966 and 1970 he won 5x consecutively the national single championship (!) and 4x the double championship (1967 - 1971). He played and still lives in Falkenberg (Sweden).

Edited by Magic_M - 11/20/2014 at 1:50pm
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 1:48pm
Beautiful!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 1:57pm
WOW! I didnt know stiga produced blades for women in those days with their name on it
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 3:07pm
just smashing..Thumbs Up
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 3:10pm
👀
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 3:15pm
Thats beautiful! 
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 4:10pm

That blade belongs in the Smithsonian. Very rare! :)
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 5:12pm
Marita is of course prettier than Mellis :)))

Very nice bladeClap
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 9:18am
I think this will become a wonderful collection post.
I am sure Magic-M has many hidden gems to admire
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 9:26am
drool drool drool over the blade not marita!:D
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 1:43pm
Let`s continue with the oldest blade in my collection. This blade got the name of a famous swedish player, who won the European Championship in the single competition (1962 and 1970) and the world championship in the double competition (1967 and 1969). He was an international top-player for a very long time (1959 - 1971). 

After his career as player he started a new career as trainer and as first job he trained the german national-team (from 1971 - 1974), before he went back to sweden as trainer of the swedisch national-team. Much too early (in the age of 35) he died in an airplane-crash (1977).

Hans Alsér

For a very long time (60`s up to the beginning of the 90`s) all flared Stiga blades had the name of Hans Alsér. Therfore more Alser blades are sold than any other blade worldwide.

From time to time Stiga changed the picture on the sticker. So you will find several different stickers of Alsér, where you can see him, getting a bit older - with less hair on the younger blades Wink

This blade is from one of the first (or maybe the first) versions of the "modern" blades with the new roundish head shape. As I wrote, Alsér won the double world championship in 1967. After this success Stiga printed a new sticker with the "World Champion" imprint. So I can say, that my Alsér blade is from 1967 - 1968 (for a short time both versions were sold parallel) and this version is the only one, where Alsér is wearing a T-Shirt instead of a team-jersey. Therefore this rare version is called "T-Shirt-Alsér".
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 12:38pm
When Alsér won the world championship in the double-competition (1967) his partner was another swedish player, who was as successful as he. This player won the european Championship 1964 (two years later than Alsér) and 1966 and three times the world championship in the double competition, two of them together with Alsér. Six times he won the national championship. We are talking about

Kjell Johansson

As you can see, this blade is from an early series, because it yet has the "European Champion" printing. And it is the thinnest Stiga blade in my collection with only 4,8 mm. Nevertheless it has a weight of 85g. It is not a real attacking blade, but a very nice topspin-blade.

By the way: his brother (Christer Johansson) was also a well known table tennis player, who had a contract with Banda. 1967 (during the world championship) they played together for the swedish team.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 11:23am
During the world championship in 1967, where Alsér and Johansson won the double competition, the swedisch national team won the bronze medal. Three of the four swedisch player had a Stiga contract, and this third Stiga player was

Carl-Johan Bernhardt

This Stiga Bernahrdt has a wonderful limba outer veneer and is one of prettiest blades in my collection.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 3:53pm
Ladies first: Let`s start with the only female-player in my collection
Marita Neidert
Is this a defensive blade? The shape of the head is very different.

Edited by jrscatman - 11/22/2014 at 3:53pm
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 4:47pm
Oh no, that`s a clear Allround blade with 5,5 mm thickness and a weight of 95g. Like I wrote in my first post, the Stiga blades of the early 60`s had a more squarish head. This head shape changed in the second part of the 60`s. The Neidert is something like a mixture between old and new shape.

In the next days you will see one more blade with a "different" head shape. Wink
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Oh no, that`s a clear Allround blade with 5,5 mm thickness and a weight of 95g. Like I wrote in my first post, the Stiga blades of the early 60`s had a more squarish head. This head shape changed in the second part of the 60`s. The Neidert is something like a mixture between old and new shape.

In the next days you will see one more blade with a "different" head shape. Wink
Thank you. That's very interesting. I would love to see some examples of the square shaped heads, if you have any in your collection.

Thanks you very much for posting pictures of your collection. 

Edited by jrscatman - 11/23/2014 at 2:26am
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 2:49am
In a german tt-forum (TT-News) "martinspin" from switzerland posted some pictures from an old catalog from 1963/1964: http://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=2021960&postcount=844

And here you can see original pictures of an old Stiga Hans Alsér from such an early series,
which I sold a few months ago. Actually I don`t have any more blades of this series.

The heads of these blades were more square and some of them had very flat handles.

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 10:01am
It`s time to coninue with an other interesting blade of a very interesting player.

Aloizy ("Alex") Ehrlich

"Alex" Ehrlich was born in Poland (1914), but grown up in France. Nevertheless he played for Poland between 1934 and 1949 and in this time he was participated in 8 world championships. In these tournaments he won 3 times the silver medal in the single competition. 1934 and 1935 he won the national championship in Poland.

Ehrlich was a Jew and during the second world war he was deported to Auschwitz (KZ Dachau), but he survived and decided, to leave Poland and to start a new live in France again.

This decision was the reason, that he became a "persona non grata" in Poland. So Ehrlich played from this time on for France and played 6 more world championships for France (1952 - 1963). His last international success was the victory on the dutch international championship in 1957.

Ehrlich played a legendary match against Farkas Paneth (a romanion defender) during the world team championship 1936. Paneth expected, that Ehrlich would try to attack, but that was not his plan. Instead of this Ehrlich played again and again very controlled and always on Paneth`s backhand side.

After 2 hours and 12 minutes (!) and round about 1.000 ball-touches Ehrlich inadvertently played on Paneth`s forehand-side (because the ball touched his finger) and Paneth made a mistake. During this rally the referee changed, Ehrlich ate some sausages with bread and mustard without interrupting the game.

The end of this legendary match is not totally clear, because there are two different stories. One of these stories say, that the rest of the first set and also the second set ended very fast and Ehrlich won 21:6 and 21:8. The other version is, that the second point lasted again more than 20 minutes and again Ehrlich made the point. After this point Paneth threw his paddle in the direction of Ehrlich and left the hall, so that the match was canceled and Ehrlich was declared as winner.

After his career Ehrlich trained several teams in different countries (also in Germany although he had such terrible experiences during the second world war). He died in 1992. 

Do you agree to me, when I say, that he was a very interesting person and player?

From these Ehrlich blades you can find several head sizes, because they were sold over a longer period. Some of these blades had a really big head size, other blades (like mine) were relatively small. More famous are the Ehrlich blades with the bigger (rounder) head. Characteristic was the chamfered straight handle with the hole-rows, not only on his Stiga blades, but also on his other blades, when he had a contract with Butterfly and Hanno. All of these blades have a handle, which is similar to this one.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 11:51am
dang...

Magic_M is the "Mother" of ALL Collectors of OLD classic Stiga blades.

I just love the quality of those limba top plies.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2014 at 2:33pm
Today I will present another blade with unusual head size

Tage "Flisan" Flisberg

Tage Flisberg called "Flisan" was another swedish player, who was active between 1936 and 1958. In this time he won 13x the national swedish championship in the single competition, 14x in the double competition and 14 times with different teams. His greatest international success was the silver medal in the world championship 1954. In this year he was the number 3 in the world-ranking. 

The head of this blade looks like a drop with a length of 16,8 cm and a width of 15,5 cm. With a thickness of only 4,8 mm it is anything else but stiff ;-) Although his career ended in the 50`s, Stiga released this blade in 1970/1971. Unfortunately the blade has a (repaired) haircut, which is visible on the pictures.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 1:34pm
Last year a famous swedish player of the 50`s and 60`s celebrated his 80th birthday together with two special guests: Jan Ove Waldner and Mikael Appelgren.

Björne "Mellis" Mellström

Overall Mellis played in seven world championships and three european championships. Five times he won the national championship.

This blade from 1968/1969 is as rare as the Stiga Neidert and in absolutely perfect condition. 
I like it very much. Big smile
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 1:48pm
The photography is also very good.Thumbs Up
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 3:12pm
That "Mellis" is reallyx2 nice.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 12:39pm
Today I give you some informations about my favorite player of the 70`s and 80`s. He was born 1952 in Falkenberg (Sweden). In the age of six years he played his first table tennis match in the basement of his parents house. In his childhood he tried different kinds of sports activities, before he watched the swedish table tennis team final 1963 (as one of 1.200 visitors) with the success of the local club BTK Falkenberg. From this moment on he concentrated his sports-activities 100% on table-tennis.

In the age of 16 he had the chance to go to Japan for three months. There he had some personal training with Ichiro Ogimura, who won twelve world champion titles in the 50`s and 60`s (later he became ITTF-president). This was a very important experience for him, because he learnt a lot from Ogimura ("I often think of him - he has changed my life").

In 1971 (in the age of only 19 years) he won the world championship in the single competition as first european since 1953, although it was the first time, that China participated in the championship again. During his long career (- 1987) he won 67 (!) international championships. Between 1980 and 1985 he played for several german clubs. Later he became a professional trainer and started his second career in Germany (ATSV Saarbrücken). 

Today he lives together with his wife Angelita in the USA and together they run a trainings camp in Sorrento Valley (http://www.stellangie.com).

Stellan Bengtsson

This blade is the first version of Bengtsson blades (1971), because it still has the "European Champion" imprint. After his success in Nagoya Stiga changed the sticker and sold it with a new "World Champion" imprint.

As Bengtsson was my favorite player in my youth and as I like these thick straight handles of the Bengtsson blades, I decided, to collect Bengtsson blades as the second part of my collection. But before we continue with this part of my collection, I will present (tomorrow) the last blade of my "letter-collection" and I am sure, you will like it. 

Wink
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 3:39pm
Extraordinary collection! I can not wait to see tomorrow's blade!
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 7:15am
The Tova is probably comingWink

Ladies and gentlemen, this is probably the rarest blade in the world !
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 2:47pm
your collection is amazing!
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 2:48pm
All these blades shown before are in my collection since a longer time, but one blade was missing all this time. I contacted several friends and collectors over the world, but no one could help me, because this blade is extremely rare. The reason is simple: The player, who gave his name to that blade, left Stiga after a very short time (from the end of 1969 up to the beginning of 1970), because he got a new exclusive contract form Butterfly. Since he played such a short time for Stiga and was not yet famous in this time, Stiga sold only a few of these blades, and it was not really "collectable", because everyone wanted to own a blade of the other (more famous) Stiga players.

If you try to find pictures of this blade in the world wide web, you will only find the pictures of one single blade (the actual owner is a well known swedish collector, who is also member of this forum).  This will change from now on. Big smile

Of course kakapo was wright: I am talking about

Antun "Tova" Stipancic

He was born 1949 in the former Jugoslavia (today Kratia) and died in the age of 52 in Zagreb. During his career (1961 - 1981) he won several tournaments. His biggest international success was the win of the world championship in the double competition (together with Dragotin Surbek) in 1979. Four years before, during the world championship in Kalkutta, Stipancic won the silver medal in the single-, double and team competition.

Although Antun is his right name, Butterfly called him Anton, while Stiga named him Tova. Therfore people thought, that it would be two different persons, but that is a mistake. Stipancic had a Stiga contract first (but only for a short time) and than went to Butterfly.

Before you spam my Inbox with offers: this blade is not really genuin. Wink

As I wrote, I searched this blade for a long time, without success. The only original blade, that I know, was in the hand of a german guy, but before I noticed that, he sold it to the swedish collector - unbelievable bad luck. 

Fortunately this collector sent me some pictures and all measures of this original Tova Stipancic. 

With the help of two friends I managed to build my own "Tova-Anniversary", which is produced with the same glue like Stiga used in this time, with the original head size and with stickers like original.

I am NOT planning to sell it and I am NOT willing to help anyone, to build his own Tova blade, because I don`t want to risk any scamming-activities here. This blade is exclusively for my collection. So please don`t ask me for any details, because I will not answer to such questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic