Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2015 Seattle Open August 22-23 4 Star Tournament
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2015 Seattle Open August 22-23 4 Star Tournament

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 Seattle Open August 22-23 4 Star Tournament
    Posted: 06/09/2015 at 1:28am
Seattle Pacific Table Tennis Club (SPTTC) and Butterfly North America announce the 2015 Seattle Open 4 Star Tournament on August 22-23 at Bellevue College in Bellevue, WA. $7000.00 in cash prizes. All events (except doubles) are RR to SE format. Top 2 players advance from RR. Entry form can be printed from the Butterflyonline.com website. You can also enter online at omnipong.com. Max entry fee is $99 this includes rating and official fee.
Sponsored Links

Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 5:32pm
The tournament is now listed on the USATT tournament event page.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2015 at 4:20pm
The idea of a max fee of $99 is awesome. Sign up people - this promises to be a great event.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2015 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

The idea of a max fee of $99 is awesome. Sign up people - this promises to be a great event.
We also have added a free tournament T-Shirt for anyone who enters two or more events. For people who mail their entry forms circle your shirt size. If you enter via omnipong.com click on the "goodies" button under Actions and choose your shirt size. Sizes are small to XXL. Additional shirts can be purchased also.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2015 at 4:00am
The entry form is also now online at the spttc.net website. We have also worked out a deal with the Days Inn (425-643-6644 book directly with them)in Bellevue for a 10% discount for tournament players. The block of rooms will be held until August 11th. When calling for reservations give them the code SPTTC to receive the discount.
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2015 at 12:52pm
Some of us from the modesto table tennis club might be going...is coach jeff mason going to be there?
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2015 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by FlatHitter FlatHitter wrote:

Some of us from the modesto table tennis club might be going...is coach jeff mason going to be there?
I believe Jeff lives in the Portland area.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 1:13pm
Just another bit of info for the tournament. We will be live (no live commentary) steaming on both days. The plan is that the finals of all of the events will be on the table with the camera. From open singles down to the lowest rated event. So if your coming from out of town and you make the finals you can let your friends back home when your match is and they can watch it live.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 1:43pm
Just watch last year tournament.  What event is the 1st match in this video and what US rating are these 2 players?  I just want to understand the level of competition for this Tournament and US Rating in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0yZCIM9S4

BTW - What setup will Fatt be using for this coming tournament? Smile
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Just watch last year tournament.  What event is the 1st match in this video and what US rating are these 2 players?  I just want to understand the level of competition for this Tournament and US Rating in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0yZCIM9S4

The first match on the day one video was a open singles RR match. Both players usatt rated 1950-2050. They are from the same club and have played each other many times. The first two matches on day two video were the semifinals of the 2400 singles. The third match on day 2 was open singles semifinals. The guy in the black shirt is rated 2700+ The other player is just under 2600. As for Fatt's set up I don't know what he will be using but rest assured what ever it is will cause him to randomly utter words in French during the match and you have no idea if he's yelling at himself or trying to put hex on his opponent! Lol

Edited by Vince64 - 06/26/2015 at 12:02am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 3:53pm
Hopefully, the bionic Seattle 1200 juniors will be on display as well!
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 4:03pm
Those were Portland Bionic 1200 junior players not Seattle juniors! Lol
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 4:45pm
I stand corrected. Have a great event and I hope the bionic juniors don't come over and steal all your rating points!
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 12:52am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I stand corrected. Have a great event and I hope the bionic juniors don't come over and steal all your rating points!
The bionic juniors from Portland area aren't a problem. Now the Canadian junior player who hasn't played in a usatt tournament in a year or two, that has nightmare written all over it.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 1:09am
Amen to that, Vince !!!

Feedback
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 1:12am

Amen to that, Vince !!!
Oh yea, you had that experience last weekend.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 1:16am
Yep - at least this top 10 Canadian cadet was USATT unrated it turns out...

Edited by patrickhrdlicka - 06/26/2015 at 1:44am

Feedback
hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 2:30am
4 of us(myself included) from Alaska are coming down for the tournamentBeer
<3
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

As for Fatt's set up I don't know what he will be using but rest assured what ever it is will cause him to randomly utter words in French during the match and you have no idea if he's yelling at himself or trying to put hex on his opponent! Lol
Ha ha, that's funny. I hope to see 'une célébration sur la table'.

Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 10:27am
Originally posted by hidasjoki hidasjoki wrote:

4 of us(myself included) from Alaska are coming down for the tournamentBeer
if you're going to need a hotel to stay at I highly suggest you take advantage of the deal we arranged with the Days Inn. Information is on the entry form on how to get the discount. All the other hotels/motels in the area are charging nearly double the price we worked out with the Days Inn

Edited by Vince64 - 06/26/2015 at 1:56pm
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 11:50pm
I was just informed today by the manager from the Days Inn that they will only hold the room block till July 31st. So if anyone was planning on staying there for the tournament and want the 10% discount make your reservation before July 31st.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2015 at 1:27am
Just a reminder. For people coming to the Seattle Open Aug 22-23 if you want to take advantage of the 10% discount at the Days Inn (425-643-6644 book directly with them, give them code SPTTC) you need to make your reservations by July 31st.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2015 at 12:38am
Cool - 28 people have already signed up, one month before the tournament is set to start !!!

Feedback
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2015 at 2:09am

Cool - 28 people have already signed up, one month before the tournament is set to start !!!
I think we had 164 people last year. Hoping for somewhere from 175-225 this time.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 11:58am
Just a reminder. Today is last day to make reservations at the Days Inn and receive the 10% discount. Also if this happens to be a persons first USATT sanctioned tournament and your not really sure you want to buy the required USATT membership the SPTTC club will cover the 10.00 one time tournament pass it you enter 3 or more events or we will apply the 10 towards you buying a membership if you decide to buy a membership. And lastly when you enter ( via mail or on omnipong.com) remember to choose your shirt size for the free tournament T-Shirt.
KiwiPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 1:37pm
I know several of us from Portland area are planning on going up. These guys are procrastinators so they will probably sign up at the last minute! (myself included lol) Sleepy
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by KiwiPong KiwiPong wrote:

I know several of us from Portland area are planning on going up. These guys are procrastinators so they will probably sign up at the last minute! (myself included lol) Sleepy
You procrastinators from Portland will be punished, you will be "by just chance" all in the same RR groups in your events! Lol. See you in three weeks Yun.
KiwiPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 3:17pm

You procrastinators from Portland will be punished, you will be "by just chance" all in the same RR groups in your events! Lol. See you in three weeks Yun.

Thanks Vince! I guess it wasn't difficult to guess who KiwiPong is in real life LOL, impressive! ClapThumbs Up
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 3:50pm

Thanks Vince! I guess it wasn't difficult to guess who KiwiPong is in real life LOL, impressive! ClapThumbs Up
Seeing the name Yun on your profile page helped just a little! Lol
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2015 at 5:26pm
Two weeks to go !!!

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic