FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Post pictures here, not by email

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post pictures here, not by email
    Posted: 08/11/2015 at 9:53am
We now require that pictures of blades be posted HERE, as part of the for sale thread.  You may need to reduce the size of the file in order to post it, but this is not difficult with modern image processing programs sold with almost ever computer. 

Alternatively, you can post links to image files on the web.  The point is, it is better if blades sold here can be readily seen by everyone, not necessarily just by people interested in buying it.

Why?

If someone sends you a picture by email, you may not have the expertise to know if it is fake.  On the other hand there are many members here with incredible expertise at spotting fake blades, and they will often identify fakes on for sale threads.  It is a bit like crowd sourcing the authenticity of blades.  Why would you not want to protect yourself that way? This is especially true for expensive Butterfly blades, since fakes of those are all over the place.

This protects everyone. 

I know people with long histories of good transactions will think they should be trusted.  But we have to make the requirements consistent for everyone.
Sponsored Links

bruceleew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruceleew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 3:40pm
I believe we can also use tinypic.com to upload it to any size we want?
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 4:10pm
I prefer imgur.com . You can use it to upload photos or to create the album even without having the account.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Avallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 2:34am

@mr Baal,
How with a NEW/UNUSED blade??
an actually i'm selling more than 100 kinds of blades TT__TT
most of them, are UNUSED....

an indonesian tennis table maniac

MY FEEDBACK

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 5:41pm
Avallo, please, always post a picture on this thread.  Alternatively, post a link where people can easily see the blades.  It doesn't matter if it is new or not.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2015 at 12:40am
I am happy that most people are following this rule.  Some people are having some technical issues posting pictures, usually because the pictures are too big.  You can certainly post a link to photos.  In Microsoft paint it is easy to make a picture file smaller, small enough to post here.  There are many other apps that will let you do it.  But if that is a problem, just post a link to where it can be seen.

I will warn you once.  At some point if you don't post a picture, the thread will disappear.  This has happened to at least one person already.  How soon I will delete the thread will depend in part on how many visits I see you make to the site without complying with this new requirement.  

Right now I am only insisting on this for blades.  It is especially important that you do this for brands like Butterfly and Stiga (among others) that are often faked.

Again, the reason we do this is it allows for identification of fake blades, possibly the seller does not even know if there is a problem.  It protects everybody.
gtx634 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtx634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2015 at 7:02am
I use mediafire.com , and I upload it with max size in the website. 
Once I want to link here , I choose large/ small  thumbnail from the options to link included hyperlink on it.
 If someone want to see more clear , just click on that photo.

My Feedback
BTY joo Se Hyuk
FH:Vega Europe
BH:Grass D.Tecs
-
Stiga Allround Bengston
FH:Phantom 008
BH:Tackiness D
Ray Chiu1018 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Chiu1018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2016 at 2:14am
How to post photos on For Sale forum?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2017 at 10:48am
Here is how to make images smaller.

https://www.google.com/search?q=picture+size+reduction+software&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

To post images here, click on the little arrow above the box you write into post.  Then a whole lot of options appear above the box.  Click on the little box that has a picture of a tree on (Insert Image).

Upload your picture using the browse feature, it is pretty straight forward.  But it has to be 200 kb or less.

We have had this rule for awhile now.  I am staring to lose patience with people who violate it.  So starting immediately I am going to delete threads as soon as I see that there is no picture, or no link to a picture.  In the past I have given people time to comply but no longer.

This policy has already kept some people from buying fake blades (because members here were able to see from pictures that the blade was fake). It is surprising how often the seller does not even know the blade is fake.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2017 at 1:35pm
This rule applies to everyone!  Especially if you seem to show willful disregard of the rule I will delete your thread, even if you are a long-term member here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic