Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

how’s the zebra hinoki?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
purger00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purger00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how’s the zebra hinoki?
    Posted: 08/06/2006 at 12:21am
Hi... my father's lookin forward to buying a zebra hinoki transformer carbon paddle. I've been looking for reviews everywhere on the internet, but have failed to find any. Can someone tell me what you think of that paddle...and if you would recommend to me (or another paddle perhaps)??

thanks

Sponsored Links

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 12:51am
Well, there are better ones out there for about the same price. It felt rather dead and weird with inverted, but excellent with pips out (note: short and for hitting).
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 1:32am
get the instinct or one of the Palio light carbons( "S" series and "C" Series and the TAT) the palios are about 12-18 USD each, if you can find them
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
legout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 7:51am
Hi AZNpenholdloop, can you compare these Palio blades with the Butterfly Maze Off or Timo Boll Spirit?
Or maybe with the Galaxy K2/K3?

I�m looking for a blade that�s nearly so fast as the Maze Off, But it sould be lighter.

Thanks
purger00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purger00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 10:21am
Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

Well, there are better ones out there for about the same price. It felt rather dead and weird with inverted, but excellent with pips out (note: short and for hitting).

which ones would you recommend?? my father uses the penhold style
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2006 at 2:21am
The W series by Galaxy (Yinhe) is very good for penholders. They have almost all the variations of the basic YE blade (W-6), the Wood King I hear is rather good.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
non3 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote non3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2006 at 12:56pm
I tried my friend's zebra with F1 on the FH and some chinese crap on the backhand a while ago. It felt pretty good, better than my primorac carbon with alamana did at the time. She droped the paddle and the handle broke though, so I don't know about the build quality.
2x Babolat Pure Storm Tour
Gosen Micro Sheep 16 @ 58lbs
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2006 at 1:05pm
I say this all the time to everyone who looks for penhold blades:
First choice: yasaka
second choice: Galaxy YinHe
third: Stiga

but I must say I never tried any 729 and DHS blades.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2006 at 3:39pm
I also never cared for the feel of the zebra hinoki.  Very carbon-ee.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
deuce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2006 at 12:46am
is it true that this blade has a small sweet spot?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic