Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Advice needed: better off with FastArc G1?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed: better off with FastArc G1?
    Posted: 06/01/2017 at 8:54am
Hi all,
I could use some advice. 

For many years, I played with soft rubbers. Playing style: two wing looper close at the table. Rely on ball placement and spin, rather than brute force.

Just for about a year or so, I'm trying to use a bit harder rubbers. Not really hard as I'm using medium rubbers at the moment. Currently using Stiga Mantra M both sides on Infinity VPS. I've read some positive reviews on FastArc G-1 and I was wondering if I would benefit switching to this rubber.
The Mantra M is actually a good rubber and suits my style, I was just wondering about the FastArc G-1....

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
Sponsored Links

iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2017 at 9:15am
Based on your description, hard rubbers do sound like a good fit for you.

With that said, Fastarc is a very hard rubber so it might take quite a bit of getting used to upon switching,

I'd say stick with Mantra M if you're happy with it and switch once they die or you think a new rubber will help step up your game.  Would probably help to try it out on a similar (OFF-) blade or at least a similar rubber.  I've seen it be compared to Tenergy 05 a lot. 
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2017 at 1:52pm
you will have way more consistency with the Mantra.  Fastarc G1 will give you some extreme shots but that is not your goal
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2017 at 10:52am
Thanks for the response iamj8 and tom.
Think I'll skip the G-1 for now. If this is indeed such hard rubber, I'm gonna pass.

Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2017 at 11:24am
Fastarc G-1 is a nice rubber - I wouldn't categorize it as very hard but that depends on your point of reference. It is 47 degrees which is ~ mid-hard and slightly harder than regular Tenergies (50 degrees = hard; your regular Chinese rubber = very hard).

That being said - if you like Mantra M, stick with it. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2017 at 11:41am
You may want to check out Nittaku Factive. One gear slower, better control and feel little softer.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic