Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tmount Ace 1 speed and Ace 2 Spin rubbers review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tmount Ace 1 speed and Ace 2 Spin rubbers review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tmount Ace 1 speed and Ace 2 Spin rubbers review
    Posted: 12/08/2018 at 3:53pm
Just wanted to share with you guys a new brand from Korea - Tmount. I have used all their blades and the new rubbers also came.
This is being distributed by www.tshoptt.com but I think there is a US distributor for these 2 rubbers.

Ace 1 Speed
Weight: 64 grams (uncut)
Speed: Off+
Spin: High

The Ace 1 speed has the following characteristics:
- very fast, it has a huge amount of power even far from the table
- topsheet is almost non tacky and more on the grippy side
- imagine this is as fast as Stiga Mantra but way spinnier
- this is supposedly a hybrid wherein topsheet is Chinese and
sponge is a German semi porous (very small pores)
- Tmount claims that this is made in their own factory in China (not RITC)
- rubber excels in smashes, loop drives and blocking. 
- sponge is 50 degrees ESN cale but teh topsheet is al ittle bith thin and 
has a medium soft feel
- best used when you contact the ball through the sponge.

Ace 2 Spin
Weight: 65 grams (uncut)
Speed: Off+
Spin: Very High

- same sponge hardness as the Ace 1 (speed) but has a softer topsheet
- topsheet is much more grippy
- topsheet is medium hardness and unlike the Ace 1, the Ace 2 topsheet does not let the ball sink into sponge as easily as the Ace 1.
- this is a hard rubber alternative for people who likes hard and spinny rubbers but do not want some thing tacky like Hurricane
- spin is very high but a little bit lower than Hurricane
- this is fast even far from the table.
- a great looping and loop driving rubber.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

jpenman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2020 at 5:45am

Edited by jpenman - 07/26/2021 at 10:51am
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2020 at 10:54pm
I've been playing with FH: ACE 2 (50 degree) and BH: ACE "Gold" (47.5 degree) for about 10hrs here in taiwan.  A totally random buy for me as I have been hitting around with different rubbers and some different paddles recently. 

When I opened the packaging, maybe due to the weight, it felt a bit cheap.  It's only about 65g for the ACE 2 but measuring the sheet it looked to be cut 167x167mm.  (their website shows it normally is 170x170 and 68g) Perhaps the "cut" weight could be within 1-2g to T05.

I've never played with T64 but I have played T05 for a long time on FH and/or BH including on the blade I am using now DHS Long 5x

Speed:  T05 has a higher 'top end' speed and due to bounciness and the fact it has a very distinct 'elasticity'...it is faster on softer shots also.  ACE2 is not a slow rubber.  Mid distance and even 7-9ft back doing counterlooping there is plenty of speed.  ACE2 does have a catapult effect but you don't really feel it on softer shots.

Throw:  T05 is higher.  ACE2 is about medium throw.

Spin:  ACE 2 has a lot of spin.  And it is easier to generate and control the spin compared to T05.  It is really close...I think ACE2 might edge it out perhaps because it is slightly slower.

Spin sensitivity:  ACE2 is not sensitive to spin.  And it think this is the big difference and perhaps what makes ACE2 'easier' to play with.

Counterlooping:  T05 will have more BITE to the ball due to the unique sponge feel.  But ACE2 has no issues with counterlooping.

Blocking:  ACE2 is easier to block with both passive and active/punches.  Much easier to take 'pace' off your opponent's loop with a passive block.

Short game:  ACE2 is less bouncy and not sensitive to spin so much easier to push or flick or drop dead than T05. 

Serves:  Personally, I think ACE2 edges out in more spin on short serves.  If doing long fast serves, T05 will have more pop to it.

Defensive shots/touch shots/chopping:  ACE2 is easier to use in these aspects due to less spin sensitivity.  I'm not a chopper but very nice to chop with in defensive position or in training routines.

Feel/dwell:  Playing with the ACE2 it felt very similar to T05 in terms of dwell and spin. It doesn't feel like a 50 degree sponge...it feels more like 48 degrees and obviously this could be down to Quality control variation.  But the ACE2 does not have that elascitity feel that you get from T05. 

Running my finger over the topsheet it seems slightly grippy but nothing amazing.  It's a different feel from T05 and a touch softer and thinner than T05.  It is completely non-tacky but it does have a feel of a Chinese topsheet that has completely lost its tack but even then still less grippy (to the touch).  In actual play it somehow grips well.

Overall, I like the ACE2 because it is more controllable/forgiving than T05, but it still has a nice high top end speed.  I feel more comfortable with big strokes with ACE2.  T05 still might be slightly over my pay grade when playing against very strong players.

Some might feel the topsheet is a bit soft...but I don't think it is as soft as something like Hexer Powergrip and for me ACE2 is still consistent in the short game despite not being a hard topsheet.  I did not have any issues with slippage and when I needed to brush more thinly it still gripped well.  But I think even with a brush loop this rubber performs best when you engage more of the sponge.  If you are used to very hard topsheets or tacky rubbers you might not enjoy the dwell/feel of this rubber.
jpenman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2020 at 3:00am

Edited by jpenman - 07/26/2021 at 10:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic