FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

unsportsmanlike behaviour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: unsportsmanlike behaviour
    Posted: 09/15/2019 at 10:39pm
Went to a competition to help coach some friends. I was disgusted by the amount of unsportsmanlike behaviour all around. There was a guy who claimed a hand injury, took a 20 min medical timeout and then came back playing like nothing happened. This happened after his opponent clawed back one set after being down two sets. 

Another girl just claimed let serves whenever she missed a serve return. Lol! Other ppl complained about hidden serves and low tosses when the serves are perfectly legal Others even tried claiming edges when there wasn't an edge clearly. I saw stomping of feet on the opponent's serve to disrupt their opponents timing, and choing loud into the opponent's faces,  miscounting scores in their favour when there are no umpires present. Its funny to see how much ppl care for unimportant amateur competitions that they can play so dirty.Absolutely ridiculous....
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

PudhuKaippavai View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PudhuKaippavai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2019 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Another girl just claimed let serves whenever she missed a serve return. 

This is EXACTLY why there should be no net lets on serves. Why lets only on nets but not on edges (or why no lets on nets or edges when ball is in play) . Does not make any sense at all.

What is even worse is when you opponent calls a let on your best serve with score deuce in the deciding game. Happens a lot.

This is also exactly why I am believe clothe nets must be replaced by metallic nets. When the ball dribbles over a cloth net, there is no chance of returning. With a metallic net the ball will rarely dribble over during a rally if not receiving a slow serve.  
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 12:03am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Went to a competition to help coach some friends. I was disgusted by the amount of unsportsmanlike behaviour all around. There was a guy who claimed a hand injury, took a 20 min medical timeout and then came back playing like nothing happened. This happened after his opponent clawed back one set after being down two sets. 

Another girl just claimed let serves whenever she missed a serve return. Lol! Other ppl complained about hidden serves and low tosses when the serves are perfectly legal Others even tried claiming edges when there wasn't an edge clearly. I saw stomping of feet on the opponent's serve to disrupt their opponents timing, and choing loud into the opponent's faces,  miscounting scores in their favour when there are no umpires present. Its funny to see how much ppl care for unimportant amateur competitions that they can play so dirty.Absolutely ridiculous....

That sounds pretty terrible!!! Is that just at a particular club?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 12:13am
Welcome to every tournament I have ever played in.  Unless there is a referee at the table, a lot of nonsense will go on.  At least when there is a league involving teams, the other teammates can get involved and keep control of things when there is no referee.  I was watching a tournament today where a 2300ish player was fast serving out of his hand.  Other players were serving under their arms and then moving their arms out of the way once the ball was crossing over the net.  If I were participating I would complain to no end but I am not sure what good it would do. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 1:21am
a lot of what club do out of laziness could be avoided if what spttc does gets more popular: give as many live feeds of leagues/tournaments matches so cheaters will think twice; of course that's money and not all clubs can afford it but it seems to be the right path to get rid of pollution. As live broadcasting get cheaper and easier the sl*g will scrape itself away. kudos on forum member vince64 for making an amazing effort in its consistency over the years.

Edited by stiltt - 09/16/2019 at 1:22am
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

Welcome to every tournament I have ever played in.  Unless there is a referee at the table, a lot of nonsense will go on.  At least when there is a league involving teams, the other teammates can get involved and keep control of things when there is no referee.  I was watching a tournament today where a 2300ish player was fast serving out of his hand.  Other players were serving under their arms and then moving their arms out of the way once the ball was crossing over the net.  If I were participating I would complain to no end but I am not sure what good it would do. 

I tried complaining once about illegal service this girl was doing... the tournament person (idk his position at this particular club that many international players play in my area) just shrugged it off... I’m guessing because it was u1900 event he didn’t give a cr*p. It’s funny because her coach was even encouraging that type of service. Most players that were watching or waiting to play even said the same thing that it was illegal. 

It’s kind of sad that we pay so much to participate in a tournament but because it’s the lower events we get no respect compared to higher ranked ones. What’s even more pathetic is coaches that encourage their student that kind of behavior...

Don’t even get me started on respect in general... choing on nets and edges has become a regular thing among kids that are coached by these “former professionals” that really just sucking money out of their parents pockets. Stomping was and always will be there, nothing new. 

It’s a sad reality really but that’s the current state of our TT community.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

We must go to different tournaments.  I rarely see poor behavior at tournaments.  At most I see some illegal serves that don't give the server any advantage.  I think lax club rules enforcement is the cause.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 2:06pm
At pro events refs call lets, so no one can claim false net services.
Originally posted by PudhuKaippavai PudhuKaippavai wrote:

This is EXACTLY why there should be no net lets on serves. Why lets only on nets but not on edges (or why no lets on nets or edges when ball is in play) . Does not make any sense at all.

What is even worse is when you opponent calls a let on your best serve with score deuce in the deciding game. Happens a lot.

This is also exactly why I am believe clothe nets must be replaced by metallic nets. When the ball dribbles over a cloth net, there is no chance of returning. With a metallic net the ball will rarely dribble over during a rally if not receiving a slow serve.  
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

I think the pros have the first/ last call over the refs..

if there were less unenforceable rules it would be great. and if people weren't such sticklers for rules. it can become very boring
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 3:25pm
heres a situation. maybe opposite to what i said.
the player calls let ref doesn't; point continues at 9-10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3XicBLfY9E
18:28
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by bars bars wrote:

I think the pros have the first/ last call over the refs..

if there were less unenforceable rules it would be great. and if people weren't such sticklers for rules. it can become very boring
Not quite. I’ve seen a lot of cases where umpires award the point to player B, because player A just called let and the umpires didn’t. Happened a lot in Pro tournaments
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 3:31pm
"Competition does not build character, it reveals it."

If people were honest, we would not need referees...

FdT
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 4:02pm

I sincerely hope it doesn't.  I've witnessed it once at the highest level (https://theworldnews.net/jp-news/japan-appeal-after-ito-hayata-lose-controversial-final) and believe it has clad both miscreants (Sun Yingsha and Wang Manyu) in eternal shame.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic