Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

STIGA DNA rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 7:20pm
could you compare the short game with that of the corresponding R50, R47 and R42? I am very curious about the unexpected bounciness during short pushes.

Edited by Dream1700 - 11/09/2019 at 7:21pm
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 3:29pm
R50 is not really hard doing short pushes or drop shots because it is a hard rubber. Adjustments can be made on the 47 and 42 rubbers
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 3:37pm
I meant comparing rasanters to DNA Pro in short game, e.g. DNA Pro M vs R47 during short game.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 3:47pm
I can only remember that both R50 and DNA H are very good on short shots
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 11:44pm
Had a very short hit with DNA Pro today - rubber felt like a modern control offensive rubber class. Not very dynamic, just control.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Had a very short hit with DNA Pro today - rubber felt like a modern control offensive rubber class. Not very dynamic, just control.

are you trying out Pro M? can you compare it with Rasanter R42 or R47? any other rubber that it reminds you of?

Stiga should have a lottery for testers as Nexy did.
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 1:20pm
I have tested Pro H black with 2.1mm sponge and here are my observations. This thing is fast. Faster than R47 which I have used for couple of years now. It's spinny. Especially on harder strokes. It's relatively easy to control. Serving and receiving are both same as other esn rubbers. Maybe short game is a bit easier with Pro H than R47. Counter looping with this rubber is really easy. That's probably due the high throw angle of Pro H.

Now the downside. Even the rubber feels quite hard when you press it with your finger in strokes it feels much softer than R47. Too soft for my liking. I'm not sure if it is just full of booster or maybe the top sheet is soft but I think that it has way too soft feeling for such a hard rubber. It is also quite hard to loop slow spinny loops from half long returns or over the table. 

These are my initial feelings about this rubber. I only tested this rubber briefly because I had to concentrate actual training for upcoming tournament. Testing continues:). 
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 11:43am
$34 at TT11 this week (S, M and H)
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 8:54am
it’s 37€ not 34$
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Jackcerry Jackcerry wrote:

it’s 37€ not 34$

I see €31.19
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Jackcerry Jackcerry wrote:

it’s 37€ not 34$

your price include VAT, People outside of Europe don't pay VAT
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 7:31am
Tried the DNA pro H today, here are my thoughts:
1- best stiga rubber ever.
2- now I understand what yogi and Dan are saying about "tons of control". It holds the ball long on the blade like tenergy. So it is good for slow loops , fast loops and counter spin.
3- 1 of the best ESn rubbers ever produced.
4- it has the bounce of dignics (it is fast)
Like Dan said spin like tenergy 80 or 25 speed like dignics variations.
5- the perfect rubber at 38 usd compared to butterfly? Nooooo ! It is super heavy like 51 grams compared to dignics 47 grams cut and glued to 157x150 blade. Unfortunately.

Edited by Mickael - 12/01/2019 at 9:12am
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

2- now I understand what yogi and Dan are saying about "tons of control". It holds the ball long on the blade like tenergy. So it is good for slow loops , fast loops and counter spin.
5- the perfect rubber at 38 usd compared to butterfly? Nooooo ! It is super heavy like 51 grams compared to dignics 47 grams cut and glued to 157x150 blade. Unfortunately.

if ESN manages to lower the weight of its best rubbers (without changes the current performance) we will be rewarded with higher price rubbers: +$10 for every 1 g. shaved off.

Edited by Dream1700 - 12/01/2019 at 2:13pm
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

if ESN manages to lower the weight of its best rubbers (without changes the current performance) we will be rewarded with higher price rubbers: +$10 for every 1 g. shaved off.

Yes indeed they have better characteristics but a lot heavier.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 9:08am
 Esn rubbers are getting heavier. Xiom omega Hyper is at 80 grams uncut. 

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2019 at 7:55pm
Brand: Stiga
Rubber ID/Model: DNA Pro S
Thickness (max or in mm): 1.9mm
Colour: Black
Uncut Mass(g): 65
Length(mm): 168
Width(mm): 168

The easiest rubber to generate spin with that I've ever used. Basic topspin balls leap forward off the table causing the receiver to really need to pay attention. Radical downward hook on topspin drives. So much spin that loops that overshoot the end line still have enough spin to leap forward off the floor. Amazing rubber.
BBC, SP, LP
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2019 at 1:39am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Doesn't ESN usually go heavier after making a less effective lighter generation?

I ask because I really like the original Rasant (a heavy ESN generation) for very good spin (either from topsheet, sponge or both) and it was almost "do everything" capable...

But I do not like the Rasanter as much (lighter generation that came after, thinner topsheet and maybe less dense sponge at same hardness).

When I look back at the Acuda S3 generation (heavy, very spinny) and then the subsequent generation Acuda P3 (lighter, less spinny) I notice a similar trend from the past.

Edited by icontek - 12/09/2019 at 2:05am
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
trumpet_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trumpet_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2019 at 3:39pm
Did you not find that Rasanter has excellent spin performance?
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2020 at 2:43am
Nathanso, michael: What blade did you use with pro s ?
Also the weight of the blade.  
Thanks. 

Edited by jackass22 - 03/09/2020 at 2:44am
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Doesn't ESN usually go heavier after making a less effective lighter generation?

I ask because I really like the original Rasant (a heavy ESN generation) for very good spin (either from topsheet, sponge or both) and it was almost "do everything" capable...

But I do not like the Rasanter as much (lighter generation that came after, thinner topsheet and maybe less dense sponge at same hardness).

When I look back at the Acuda S3 generation (heavy, very spinny) and then the subsequent generation Acuda P3 (lighter, less spinny) I notice a similar trend from the past.

While you're correct about your observations of different rubber generations, Omega VII Hyper at 55 degrees is exceptionally hard, dense, and fast. It's important to remember that Omega VII Pro and VII Euro, technically of the same generation, are very light relative to their hardness of 47.5 and 42.5 degrees respectively. Those 2 rubbers aren't lacking in spin. Granted, they aren't going to have the same top end power of all of these rubbers at 52+ degrees but they are good and successful rubbers still.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I very much agree with this. I've tried the DNA H now on two blades, Calderano SAL and Freitas ALC and found it pretty unimpressive. Yes, it has a lot of control, yes it is fast but I personally don't agree with the sentiment that its the best rubber in the current ESN range. Perhaps if you have a more chinese technique, I don't know, but for me with European fundamentals it was more of a miss than a hit.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2020 at 5:38pm
Is anybody using DNA S? What is cut weight please?
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2020 at 1:07am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Is anybody using DNA S? What is cut weight please?

Forget cut weight; blades come in all different sizes. Here's the uncut weight of 1.9 black:

Brand: Stiga
Rubber ID/Model: DNA Pro S
Thickness (max or in mm): 1.9mm
Colour: Black
Uncut Mass(g): 65
Length(mm): 168
Width(mm): 168
BBC, SP, LP
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2020 at 8:08am
Most popular blades around same standard Butterfly size 157x150mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic