FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Vega X and Omega 7 Hyper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Vega X and Omega 7 Hyper
    Posted: 11/07/2019 at 7:44pm
look what I got! finally I can reveal it to the public

Xiom Vega X
Cut Weight: 48 grams
Weight:72 grams (uncut)
Speed: Very Fast
Spin Very high
Type: ESN
Sponge hardness: approx 47.5 degrees (need confirmation)

Xiom Omega 7 Hyper

Cut Weight: 50 grams
Weight: 79 grams
Hardness: 55 degrees
Speed: Extremely Fast
Spin: Extreme
Type: ESN rubber

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 7:49pm
Yogi,

is it true that Omega VII is a hybrid? I've been super fascinated ever since I heared about it a few months ago. Very much look forward to the review.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 7:51pm
I have posted a review in ttd

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?22222-Xiom-Omega-7-Hyper-and-Vega-X&p=294698#post294698

It is not a hybrid. It is purely ESN rubber with no tacky or Chinese characteristics.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 8:20pm
somebody should tell the companies that some of us want lighter rubbers. Exclamation
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

somebody should tell the companies that some of us want lighter rubbers. Exclamation
Do you think they care? Just wait for the Omega X Adamantium to see what heavy means...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 2:47am
As what I have said before. It is an arms race because of the polyball. Companies will find ways to make the gameplay faster. Blame the Ittf. 

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 4:39pm
ok here is the rundown on the performance of both rubbers. You can check the longer and detailed reviews on the link I provided above.

Omega Hyper 7:
1. heavy rubber at 80 grams
2. pores are much smaller compared to Omega 7 Pro and also much more dense
3. speed is one of the 2 the major advantages of Hyper. This is the fastest and bounciest 
rubber in the market right now. it is quite powerful even at far distance even if you are only using an off all wood blade. 
4. spin is quite vicious as the ball kicks the table when you loop. It is in the level of Tenergy 05 or Tenergy 05H in the spin department.
5. The combination of the spin and speed capabilities of the Hyper overwhelms Tenergy 05H.
6. Unlike other hard rubbers that are non-tacky, the Hyper is quite spinny.
7. Downside is that it needs at least an advanced level to be fully utilized.

Vega X
1. this is called the Vega Ten hence the X letter
2. also heavy at 74 grams uncut
3. Topsheet is very grippy and offers more spin than Vega pro
4. This is the 2nd fastest rubber in the Vega series after the Vega Tour
5. This was designed for intermediate players who are not yet ready to use much more advanced rubbers such as Omega 7 and Omega V rubbers.
6. In my opinion, the Vega Pro is quite outdated as it is about 10 years old already so probably
this is the reason why Xiom produced this rubber.
7. Spin is more compared to Vega Pro but lesser than Omega V Pro.
8. Price is in the range of Vega Pro.

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 10:12pm
How does VII Hyper differ from VII Tour?
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 3:20am
Hyper is way faster than Tour. It has a longer trajectory and spin is a few notches higher. 

Edited by yogi_bear - 11/10/2019 at 3:20am

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 10:44am
Hi Yogi, always a pleasure reading through your reviews. 
is vII TOUR much faster than V tour or Pro? 

Since you got your hands on these rubbers earlier than the market itself, do you know if Xiom has plans of releasing the new Tau ? 

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Since you got your hands on these rubbers earlier than the market itself, do you know if Xiom has plans of releasing the new Tau ? 

All of the Omega VIIs are much faster than their Omega V versions
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Generalspecific is correct. The sponge for the 7 series are all more responsive and bouncy than the 5 series.

The Tau II will probably be released early next year.

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2019 at 7:18am
I believe Calderano will change to this O7H...
p3v56yahoocom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2019 at 5:22pm
Do you have any info on Xiom Tau II? I miss the original Tau. The very hard sponge was several years ahead of its time as sponge that hard wasn't widely accepted back then. Now it's a different story. I'm looking forward to give Tau II a try when it becomes available!
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 9:38am
anyone know the release date? 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

6. In my opinion, the Vega Pro is quite outdated as it is about 10 years old already so probably
It is not outdated just like T05 isn't either and that is even older rubber.

May be true only if you refer to top professionals but I doubt they read this forum.
For the rest Vega Pro is still very good.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

December or January

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by dajdosta dajdosta wrote:

May be true only if you refer to top professionals but I doubt they read this forum.

It is quite outdated and Tenergy is quite advanced at its time that Vega Pro is NOT in its level. 

dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 7:18am

It is quite outdated and Tenergy is quite advanced at its time that Vega Pro is NOT in its level. 

It is not outdated, it works well with new ball.
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 10:42am

Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

December or January

Thanks
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 1:55pm

It is not outdated, it works well with new ball.

Yes it is. Even beginners can use it nowadays because the polyball has affected its performance. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 10:40am
Vega Pro is great for lower levels of play even to this day. For higher levels of play, even back in 2009 it wasn't as good as Tenergy 05. I would say that these days it is outdated for intermediate level play (think 2000-2400 USATT). It is still an excellent choice for under that level.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Vega Pro is great for lower levels of play even to this day. For higher levels of play, even back in 2009 it wasn't as good as Tenergy 05. I would say that these days it is outdated for intermediate level play (think 2000-2400 USATT). It is still an excellent choice for under that level.

2000-2400 is intermediate? Confused
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

2000-2400 is intermediate? Confused

On a world scale, I'm being generous calling it intermediate. It's closer to beginner when you consider it like that.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 4:18pm

Wow you must be one of the greatest players in history to think 2400 is intermediate.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by purpletiesto purpletiesto wrote:

Wow you must be one of the greatest players in history to think 2400 is intermediate.

It has nothing to do with what I personally think. It is an objective fact that 2400s are incapable of performing in any significant capacity on an international level.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 9:12am
2300 is Master level. Not enough to compete internationally (except cadets), enough mastery to train almost every player. My estimate is that 1-2% of players are above this. Few post here.

2000 is advanced for sure. In chess this is considered "expert", and less than 10% achieve this level.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 1:25pm
Kanak Jha is 2700+ USATT and his score in German TTBL is 1:7. But that's off-topic.

Edited by Ray - 11/21/2019 at 1:27pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 2:35pm

It has nothing to do with what I personally think. It is an objective fact that 2400s are incapable of performing in any significant capacity on an international level.

So you're implying that anything below being able to perform well at an international level is intermediate. Out of all the stupid things I've seen on this forum, this is one of the stupidest.

Edited by purpletiesto - 11/21/2019 at 2:37pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 7:39pm

So you're implying that anything below being able to perform well at an international level is intermediate. Out of all the stupid things I've seen on this forum, this is one of the stupidest.
He didn't say that, he just said those who are 2400 can't play internationally. 

Say for instance, the bracket between 2400-2600 also cannot play internationally (which I'm not accepting or denying). That would also hold from what General said, you are just misinterpreting what he's saying to likely use it as firepower against him LOL
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic