Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Would a DHS Hurricane Long 5 make sense?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2019 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

I know people with 1600 rating talking about gear like experts

And I know dipshits who think people under certain rating shouldn't talk about gears. What's your point? 

The two coaches I train with obviously have way higher ratings than I do and I know way more about gears than they do. I also know players way under my rating and I won't hesitate hearing what they know about equipment. 

OP, go get Long 5 if you can get a killer deal on it and try it out. 

My point is that you must be some kind of decent player to talk about rubbers and blades the higher your level the best perception of the gear
I think we best not to talk about gear - how many highly rated players do we have on this forum?

What would be lowest rating to be called highly rated 2000?
don't know, you first associated rating with knowledge on equipment - so I guess you have thought about it -  please indicate you thoughts

A 1600 player just return serves with simple pushing they cant tell if its easier to return serves with one blade or rubber since they return every ball in the same way. They have fewer gears  because they rely mostly on simple loops , serves that cross the middle line always they cant tell whether the blade is made of limba or hinoki or if it has some flex
Sponsored Links

6stringer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2019 at 11:58pm

And I know dipshits who think people under certain rating shouldn't talk about gears. What's your point? 

The two coaches I train with obviously have way higher ratings than I do and I know way more about gears than they do. I also know players way under my rating and I won't hesitate hearing what they know about equipment. 

My point is that you must be some kind of decent player to talk about rubbers and blades the higher your level the best perception of the gear
I think we best not to talk about gear - how many highly rated players do we have on this forum?

don't know, you first associated rating with knowledge on equipment - so I guess you have thought about it -  please indicate you thoughts

A 1600 player just return serves with simple pushing they cant tell if its easier to return serves with one blade or rubber since they return every ball in the same way. They have fewer gears  because they rely mostly on simple loops , serves that cross the middle line always they cant tell whether the blade is made of limba or hinoki or if it has some flex

Either I'm better than 1600 or you have an insanely narrow view of what a 1600 level player is.  I really don't care what you think but this was such a ridiculous statement I had to call you out on it.  This kind of stereotyping, this prejudicial compartmentalization is disturbing.

Edited by 6stringer - 11/27/2019 at 12:02am
Advanced Intermediate
St. Louis, MO - USA
Nittaku Acoustic
FH - Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH - Rakza 7
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 1:14am
Originally posted by 6stringer 6stringer wrote:

Either I'm better than 1600 or you have an insanely narrow view of what a 1600 level player is.  I really don't care what you think but this was such a ridiculous statement I had to call you out on it.  This kind of stereotyping, this prejudicial compartmentalization is disturbing.

I never said you were  1600 . If you dont care about what I think  then why you make such a fuss?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic