Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Cornilleau Gatien Absolum OFF+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cornilleau Gatien Absolum OFF+
    Posted: 11/16/2019 at 7:09pm
Hi,

Has anyone tried this blade. I know it is a hard blade but is it too hard? Moreover, what are  the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of blade i.e. all wood blade with hard outer plies over inner carbon blades like long 5 or innerforce alc.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2019 at 7:19pm
definitely faster, harder, maybe more stiff than ML5.  Think it favors a hard hitter.  Adequate spin and feel. I have battle 2  BS on fh for this blade for the impression above.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2019 at 7:24pm
How is the control?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2019 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

How is the control?
no problem -  the touch is not as good as ML5, but overall a good blade, including built quality
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2019 at 8:41pm
Calderano´s blade. He is one of the few top players still using all-wood blade.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2019 at 8:58pm
how is the dwell time? Is it less? Easy to do a slow spinny loop?
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

How is the control?
no problem -  the touch is not as good as ML5, but overall a good blade, including built quality
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2019 at 9:25pm

how is the dwell time? Is it less? Easy to do a slow spinny loop?

How is the control?
the dwell time have to be decent for a blade to be usable with tacky hard sponge Chinese rubber.  With that being said if you want a reliable answer to the slow loop question, I could test that out for you next week.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 10:22am
Anyone else tried this blade?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 11:28am

definitely faster, harder, maybe more stiff than ML5.  Think it favors a hard hitter.  Adequate spin and feel. I have battle 2  BS on fh for this blade for the impression above.

Harder like carbonado 190 or intensity NCT?
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 12:23pm
How is it compared to stiga rosewood VII

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 12:31pm
never played RW7. Against RW5, more power , speed, slightly stiffer,less feel,  less control, dwell
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Harder like carbonado 190 or intensity NCT?
didn't play those 2, harder than 145, but maybe similar to 290 in  feel but slower
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 8:10am
I used Absolum for nearly 2 years now and I must say its my favourite blade. I have 4 of them and the thing i like most about it is that the blade has great feeling when the ball is hit hard. Feels solid. Control, speed, feel, build quality all excellent. Just I find spinning with it hard to do because of its harder outer but I compensate this by using Dignics 05.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

I used Absolum for nearly 2 years now and I must say its my favourite blade. I have 4 of them and the thing i like most about it is that the blade has great feeling when the ball is hit hard. Feels solid. Control, speed, feel, build quality all excellent. Just I find spinning with it hard to do because of its harder outer but I compensate this by using Dignics 05.

Must be something like nostalgic 7 stiff and hard to make spin
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 7:41pm
I have never tried nostalgic 7 but I noticed a number of stiga blades I have tried have a strange vibration feeling when hitting hard with it. I have tried Rosewood, ebenholz, clipper series and also a few of their carbon blades. I feel stiga blades are very good on the forehand side but backhand lacks. This is further supported by the chinese national team who arguably have the best forehands in the world but even then not all of them use stiga..... They mainly like viscaria. Back to the topic tho, Absolum is different to the stiga hardwood series IMO. 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 7:54pm

I have never tried nostalgic 7 but I noticed a number of stiga blades I have tried have a strange vibration feeling when hitting hard with it. I have tried Rosewood, ebenholz, clipper series and also a few of their carbon blades. I feel stiga blades are very good on the forehand side but backhand lacks. This is further supported by the chinese national team who arguably have the best forehands in the world but even then not all of them use stiga..... They mainly like viscaria. Back to the topic tho, Absolum is different to the stiga hardwood series IMO. 

It depends I played with rakza po on a rosewood 7 and with baxter F1a es very solid with a nice very even flex
JeanPhillippe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeanPhillippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 9:28pm
I liked Cornilleau metal nets.

I like Gatien also but he lose in Olympics and disappoint mi
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 10:01pm

Nostalgic Allround does not have those strange vibrations.
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2019 at 9:27am
Ebenholz is the hardest out of rosewood and nostalgic am i right? Cos nostalgic is Wenge but ebony is harder than wenge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic