Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar mx-s backhand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar mx-s backhand
    Posted: 11/18/2019 at 7:01pm
Hi,

I am currently using tibhar mx-p on backhand on a dhs W968 blade. It is great to use when i am doing backhand to backhand drills and when i know where the ball is coming. But, in a match i think it is too hard for me to control. I read that mx-s is a little slower, more grippy, spinny and better to block as it is less sensitive to spin. And i read somewhere that samsonov also uses mx-s instead of mx-p on backhand. So, is the mx-s gonna be a better option? 

Or on the other hand i can go to the other option and go for a soft rubber on the backhand which has tons of control and dwell like andro rasanter r37. Will the r37 be also good to block and punch? So this is my situation which of these two options is going to be better? I am looking for a rubber which is not too fast and is very easy to block with. Please advice.

Thanks.

Edited by guni4you - 11/18/2019 at 8:09pm
Sponsored Links

guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 9:37pm
Anyone?
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 10:10pm
MX-S sounds like it will suit your needs. Personally, I love MX-S on backhand. Great blocking and brutal spin with the right stroke.
polbotinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polbotinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 8:01am
I've always considered MX-S a forehand rubber because it is harder than MX-P and you need to use your power to get a good speed from it.

It is slower on light strokes because of hardness. But on powerful strokes the speed is around the level of MX-P.

Good backhand rubber from Evolution series is EL-S, it is not as bouncy as MX-P it's is grippier and has somewhat the same spin level and it is softer than MX-P. Overall it's easier to control.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 1:31pm
I am using EL-S on my bh, and Im pretty happy right now. Was using Battle II, but I started to feel I needed a little more kick. EL-S is working out great!

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 11/21/2019 at 3:18pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 1:33pm
why not EL-P?
kunglao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kunglao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2019 at 8:35pm
I hv used mxs on the backhand and depending on your level (I’m 2150), it’s one of the best offensive all around rubbers out there. It blocks very well and spins well. I say go for it!
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by kunglao kunglao wrote:

I hv used mxs on the backhand and depending on your level (I’m 2150), it’s one of the best offensive all around rubbers out there. It blocks very well and spins well. I say go for it!

How does MXS compare to EL-S? Spinnier? I would guess faster....

fdT
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

Originally posted by kunglao kunglao wrote:

How does MXS compare to EL-S? Spinnier? I would guess faster....

fdT

If you see his backhand, you will see why he can get away with MX-S.  It is not the kind of backhand most mere mortals play - it is probably harder than his forehand in some ways.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 5:45pm
Myself personally nothing blocks better than MX-S.  It has a ton of control  and seems slow until you really swing faster almost like a Chinese rubber . Depending on your game it might feel too hard. The only way to know is to try it.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic