Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alex donated equipment!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alex donated equipment!
    Posted: 11/28/2019 at 6:58pm
MYTT with the leadership of Alex Li has been donating equipment for the past 10 years in my country. Alex has been my model on sharing not just knowledge but also equipment to table tennis players. He donated a total of 35 rubbers (both brand new and used) with 4 blades to 6 different clubs in the Philippines. I have chosen to support this 6 clubs because I know the coaches very well. One club even has produced players who have become National players (2 females) at the age of 12 and 14. It was a great timing that Alex asked me if I need any equipment to give to players and I immediately said yes. For people asking me what I do with my sponsored and testing equipment, major part of those go to these clubs I support. This is not counting the individual players that were recipients. 
I encourage everyone in his own capacity to have a similar endeavor in his own country and do not care about gaining anything financially. Through the years, I have seen players graduate from college because they were given starter equipment when they first got interested in TT or when they are going through competitions representing their schools or universities. Those are priceless. How much more if you can see players go from zero to high level players maybe representing their country someday. Mass donation to different people is not sustainable in the long run that is why in my opinion, better choose whom to support in the long run. Also, of the clubs who is a recipient has a coach who has a disability in his leg. I think he is considered a class 8 or 9 for his condition but it did not stop him from teaching and learning table tennis.

I would also like to recognize a forumer named Ned who have donated in the past but his last donation of 50 rubbers and 15 blades got stuck in our country's customs for A YEAR NOW! Too bad this happened but I appreciate his efforts.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2019 at 8:46am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

MYTT with the leadership of Alex Li has been donating equipment for the past 10 years in my country. Alex has been my model on sharing not just knowledge but also equipment to table tennis players. He donated a total of 35 rubbers (both brand new and used) with 4 blades to 6 different clubs in the Philippines. I have chosen to support this 6 clubs because I know the coaches very well. One club even has produced players who have become National players (2 females) at the age of 12 and 14. It was a great timing that Alex asked me if I need any equipment to give to players and I immediately said yes. For people asking me what I do with my sponsored and testing equipment, major part of those go to these clubs I support. This is not counting the individual players that were recipients. 
I encourage everyone in his own capacity to have a similar endeavor in his own country and do not care about gaining anything financially. Through the years, I have seen players graduate from college because they were given starter equipment when they first got interested in TT or when they are going through competitions representing their schools or universities. Those are priceless. How much more if you can see players go from zero to high level players maybe representing their country someday. Mass donation to different people is not sustainable in the long run that is why in my opinion, better choose whom to support in the long run. Also, of the clubs who is a recipient has a coach who has a disability in his leg. I think he is considered a class 8 or 9 for his condition but it did not stop him from teaching and learning table tennis.

I would also like to recognize a forumer named Ned who have donated in the past but his last donation of 50 rubbers and 15 blades got stuck in our country's customs for A YEAR NOW! Too bad this happened but I appreciate his efforts.

That happened to me one time too.  I sent you a flat rate envelope of rubbers and I got it back from the po a year later.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

That happened to me one time too.  I sent you a flat rate envelope of rubbers and I got it back from the po a year later.

Cole, at least what you sent did reach me and i was able to give it. Took almost a year but the one that was sent by Ned is still stuck in Customs.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2019 at 4:15pm

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Cole, at least what you sent did reach me and i was able to give it. Took almost a year but the one that was sent by Ned is still stuck in Customs.

I sent one that made it but one that didn't
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2019 at 3:02am
Good stuff MyTT !! .. and Cole been donating over decade+ too.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2019 at 4:58pm
Thanks yogi-bear for coordinating and all the people who have donated. I hope to see more people join us to support the kids playing table tennis. 
Table Tennis Super Forum - MyTableTennis.NET

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 7:22am
Let this encourage other people to do the same. 

Edited by yogi_bear - 12/01/2019 at 7:23am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic