Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

video to brighten your day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: video to brighten your day
    Posted: 04/25/2020 at 3:44pm
Best TT video I've seen this week. Really made my day...

Sponsored Links

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2020 at 9:08pm
Despite the win, I think Timo is showing his age and really slowing down.  It is obvious from his movements that Ma Long was still injured at the time of this match so I would not use the result for any prediction of future results by either player.

Was it just camera angle or lighting, but Timo did not appear to be playing with Butterfly rubbers in the match.  Is something up with his sponsorship.

Mark
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Despite the win, I think Timo is showing his age and really slowing down.  It is obvious from his movements that Ma Long was still injured at the time of this match so I would not use the result for any prediction of future results by either player.

Was it just camera angle or lighting, but Timo did not appear to be playing with Butterfly rubbers in the match.  Is something up with his sponsorship.

Mark
Actually, you can see the little Butterfly "wings" on the red rubbers of *both* players, suggesting that Ma Long is now playing with Butterfly.Wink

I'm more interested in Timo's ability to travel in time.  At 10-10, you can clearly see Ma Long hit the ball past Timo, and only after the ball is past him does Timo switch hands and then hit the winner.  Thus, we have the only switch-hitting time-traveling shot in TT history.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2020 at 1:07am
The score was 9-8 and Ma Long serves the next two points. Down 10-9 Timo serves the next two points to go up 11-10. What kind of rules are these? I won't even mention both servers not tossing from an open palm. Oops just did.
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2020 at 1:24am
Did you notice Timo wiping his hand on the table near the net at the beginning of the video.  He does it by spinning his hand in a circle. Must be a special technique of the pros.
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2020 at 6:23am
Haha very nice. I read the whole thread before I opened the video.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2020 at 6:33am
Ma long was pissed!
BrickHario View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrickHario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2020 at 7:44am
I'm happy to read that! Stay tuned for the next Lego Table Tennis videos on my Youtube channel, that come every saturday! ;)
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2020 at 7:29pm
Just saw the new one: Ma Long versus Fan Zehdong

The best part is Ma Long's celebration at the end.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2020 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by BrickHario BrickHario wrote:

I'm happy to read that! Stay tuned for the next Lego Table Tennis videos on my Youtube channel, that come every saturday! ;)
if you want another match to consider, find Zhang Jike when he won the world championship and tore off his shirt and everything.Big smile
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2020 at 10:06pm
Exciting finish. Was this match played with a Brick Hario 3 star ball?
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrickHario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2020 at 6:15pm
Of course ;) 
Saturday I will post Timo Boll Top 3 Best Points in Lego on my channel! ;) 

Edited by BrickHario - 05/07/2020 at 6:26pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2020 at 6:04am
Haha first time I've seen Timo serve a hook serve before lol
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrickHario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2020 at 6:37am
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2020 at 6:44am
that last highlight against Liang jingkun was made really well. 👍👍🏓🏓
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2020 at 9:27pm
Wonderful once again!
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrickHario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2020 at 6:50pm
My newest lego tabletennis video! Enjoy! ;) https://youtu.be/apcpIcwKTQM
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2020 at 3:39pm
If you're looking for suggestions, here is my favorite Timo point from 2019:

Start at about 0:27, which is the fifth point.  Truly a cool point.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2020 at 10:43pm
This isn't lego, but it's cute and inspires the same sort of smile.

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrickHario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2020 at 1:03pm
Timo Boll VS Dimitrij Ovtcharov (New Lego Table Tennis Animation)! Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBBHrGPk1ik
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic