Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

MX-P 50 Vs Tenergy 05 Hard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MX-P 50 Vs Tenergy 05 Hard
    Posted: 05/22/2020 at 4:02pm
Has anyone tried both rubbers before? If so, how do they compare to each other. I currently use Tenergy 05 Hard and when I had used the normal MX-P before, I remember it being a bit on the heavier side. 
Sponsored Links

notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2020 at 1:04am
I have used/tried both. There is no magic here and it is exactly what you think.

T05 Hard is slightly faster and harder than the original T05. So is MXP50 vs MXP. Same MXP topsheet. Slighly more direct with less dwell. Spin was good but I think my rubber (V15) has more spin on my blade.

I don't know your level but to me both T05H and MXP50 feel pretty similar (I am around ~1980). Maybe MPX50 is a tad faster when new or maybe it was just a variation between my blades. I tried both on two different Victas Koji Offensive (DEF) and neither felt crazy fast. Put them on your ALC and I am sure the rubbers will come to life.
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2020 at 1:08am
How about in terms of durability? 
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2020 at 8:48am
Mxp50 would be much more suitable for most club players over t05H. However, sometimes what strives over all the technicalities is the feel of the rubber, many might prefer the feel of t05H over mxp50. 

Mxp50 is much more forgiving in all strokes though, with t05H you need to be a bit more precise with your timing and bat angle, else you won't get a quality shot in, or the ball might go long. If you have a short action and really good timing t05H can reward you better. Both rubbers produce quite spinny serves overall, t05H gets me the best fast long float serves out of any rubber I've tried, super low and deep. Attacking backspin balls are easier with mx-p, a bit trickier with t05H, but manageable. 

Mxp50 sponge, like most rubbers from it's gen, lose a bit of its potential around maybe 3-4 and thereafter the rubber might 'feel' quite a bit different compared to a brand new one however, imo it's decline is much more steady and at the end of its life it is still use able as opposed to the regular mxp which feels unusable after a few months. 

T05H has a pretty good sponge, it will lose like 10--15 percent potential after like 3 weeks of regular club use, but should serve you a bit longer than mx-p.
The mx-p topsheets lasts long while sponge dies and it's the reverse for t05H. 
So, you should get around 2 month out of mx-p and 2.5-3 months out of t05H in almost ideal conditions for most club players, but if you wanna really pull it, 5months outta mxp50 and 8months outta t05H before you really need to change, this is considering you play like 5 days a week and for a few hrs daily. 

Also, a bit slower dwellier blade would work better with t05H (around viscaria speed or less) while the mx-p 50 should work with most blades. 

This is just my personal experience, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be as accurate as most of the guys here, if you have any other doubts do let me know. 

1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2020 at 12:17pm
What ever the case is, I just want to thank everyone for their info regarding these 2 rubbers. I understand there may be some controversy regarding some table tennis information on this thread, but continue to be nice to one another. 
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2020 at 12:51pm
OP  is about comparing 2 rubbers.  
5 posts are on topic.
8 posts off topic about blades. 

Unbelievable

Yup, slowly getting back to normalcy 
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2020 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Shiro Shiro wrote:

How about in terms of durability? 

I feel that Tenergy lasts longer. When both are new, they are very very similar. But as they age, IMHO Tenergy ages better (but it's of course more expensive)

Hope this helps 
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2020 at 12:41pm
Agreed Tenergy has a bit longer life and also both rubbers have a more direct and lower throw I would say. Does depend a bit on the way you play and also levels a bit.
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2020 at 1:10pm
Thanks again for the information guys. I have tried the MX-P 50 and for sure it does have less spin than the tenergy. I have used MX-P in the past and do remember it does have a lower life span than Tenergy since it is factory tuned and Tenergy is not. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2020 at 1:59pm

Thanks again for the information guys. I have tried the MX-P 50 and for sure it does have less spin than the tenergy. I have used MX-P in the past and do remember it does have a lower life span than Tenergy since it is factory tuned and Tenergy is not. 

Just wondering, what is your level?  I couldn't tell much difference in spin betweem T05H and MXP50, honestly. I do think MXP50 has more spin than the regular MXP, though.  

Also if you watch the following video, Mr Yoo Nam Kyu confirms that MXP50 > MXP in term of spin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sqzv2PLbbI

P.S. same video with eng subs

Edited by notfound123 - 06/01/2020 at 2:01pm
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2020 at 2:08pm
I have seem both videos actually and feel that the normal MX-P should have more spin than the MX-P 50. Due to the harder sponge, there is less dwell with the MX-P 50 so it just shoots off your racket fast. With the normal MX-P, it sinks into your racket a bit more so there is a more time to spin the ball. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2020 at 3:33pm

I have seem both videos actually and feel that the normal MX-P should have more spin than the MX-P 50. Due to the harder sponge, there is less dwell with the MX-P 50 so it just shoots off your racket fast. With the normal MX-P, it sinks into your racket a bit more so there is a more time to spin the ball. 

I hear you.. spin is very subjective, and it's based on one's feeling. I do agree MXP is easier to generate spin with due to its dwell. As for the harder sponges, they theoretically should have more spin (thus all pros using 50+ rubbers nowadays) but they require proper strokes and more effort.

Edited by notfound123 - 06/01/2020 at 3:34pm
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2020 at 3:46pm
The difference in spin between mx-p and mx-p50 is not really huge, it's just that mxp50 feels slightly more stable on higher effort strokes with quicker arm speed, basically if you've felt like the ball slightly slips orrr doesn't grip well on the reg mx-p, then mx-p 50 would do a lot better on those strokes. 

The low throw along with the added stability let's you really swing with more confidence and hence in practice, you can get more spin with mx-p50 on most loop drive type of shots, whereas reg mx-p will feel  a bit spinnier (not really a big advantage) on counter type shots.

1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic