Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS HL5 Handle Size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS HL5 Handle Size
    Posted: 05/22/2020 at 10:30pm
I have read several reviews online stating that the handle of the HL5 is thinner or smaller than most blades. However, based on the measurements found on this review (the only measurements I can find for the handle of the HL5) the handle is 101 mm x 26.5-35.5 mm x 22-26 mm. This would actually make it on the larger side of standard flared handles.

Any input appreciated.
Sponsored Links

kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2020 at 11:52pm
the neck of the handle is small. The newer version, HL5 X is said to have larger handle.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2020 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

the neck of the handle is small. The newer version, HL5 X is said to have larger handle.

By that do you mean the top, where it connects to the blade?
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 1:28pm
Anyone else?
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 9:49pm
Later at my lunch break I might be able to measure a Long 5 handle circumference if that blade is still in our warehouse.  

I have a Long 5X and it definitely has a smaller handle 'circumference' at the neck than a Viscaria FL.

My Long 5X is wrapped with wilson advantage tennis overgrip (thin)...and already it is about 85mm circumference at the neck (thinnest point). 

They have the circumference as 78mm for the Long 5.

Comparing that same website the have the  Yasaka Goiabao 5 blade circumference at 84mm and the Gewo Hybrid Carbon at 85mm.

Pretty large difference.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

I have read several reviews online stating that the handle of the HL5 is thinner or smaller than most blades. However, based on the measurements found on this review (the only measurements I can find for the handle of the HL5) the handle is 101 mm x 26.5-35.5 mm x 22-26 mm. This would actually make it on the larger side of standard flared handles.

Any input appreciated.

Just so you know..the measurements you copied from the tabletennis 11 blog review was for the DHS LONG 3.   Not the Long 5.

You have to scroll down and he lists the Long 5 handle as length x width x height: 101 mm x 26-35 mm x 25 mm---->   so the Long 5 handle is smaller than the Long 3 handle.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 10:01pm
Thanks. I was wondering what the range meant, but either way thanks for clearing that up. Would be much appreciated if you could get those measurements!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2020 at 12:50am
Unfortunately my coworker's Long 5 is not there so I cannot take the measurement.

But based on the website linked above the Long 5 handle has 78mm circumference (at the neck/narrowest point)

And on ttd....someone had the W968 at 80mm

I would think it is right around 78-80mm handle circumference which is quite a bit thinner than most FL handles from the major manufacturers.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic