FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Sonic AR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Sonic AR
    Posted: 05/28/2020 at 7:55am
Nittaku are selling a new short pips rubber  Sonic AR. It looks like a substitution for Hammond FA Speed which was discontinued and which was the best short pips rubber I have come accross.

Can anyone make a review of Sonic AR?
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Sponsored Links

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2020 at 8:49am
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Nittaku are selling a new short pips rubber  Sonic AR. It looks like a substitution for Hammond FA Speed which was discontinued and which was the best short pips rubber I have come accross.

Can anyone make a review of Sonic AR?

I think its a Hammond FA upgrade 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2020 at 5:26pm
Thanks. Has anybody tried the rubber? Getting a sheet of it is really hard as it is only available in Japan and only at few shops.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2020 at 8:06pm
TT-Japan still having Hammond FA in its webpage; in various thickness.
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2020 at 6:17pm
Up!!
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2020 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

TT-Japan still having Hammond FA in its webpage; in various thickness.

Pips are more separated than moristo must be disturbing for the opponent

Edited by mykonos96 - 06/19/2020 at 12:12pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2020 at 3:11pm
I managed to get 2 sheets of Sonic AR in max. It is very similar to Hammond FA Speed but a bit less disturbing for the opponent. Anyway, it is still the best short pips rubber on the market for hitting and blocking.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2020 at 4:50pm

I managed to get 2 sheets of Sonic AR in max. It is very similar to Hammond FA Speed but a bit less disturbing for the opponent. Anyway, it is still the best short pips rubber on the market for hitting and blocking.

what about the control compared to moristo?
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2020 at 6:59pm
I will be reviewing them in the weeks to come.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2020 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

what about the control compared to moristo?

It has better control on blocks and hits.  
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2020 at 1:30pm
I tried this out in 1.8mm today.
It has a lot in common with TSP Spectol Blue. 
Despite TSP listing Spectol Blue at 43±3° Japanese sponge hardness and Nittaku listing this at 32.5°, I measured them at 43 and 44° Shore O respectively, so I think the TSP listing is an error.
The Nittaku feels very slightly harder in use, possibly the top sheet is also slightly harder.

The speed is very similar, possibly a fraction faster.

The top sheet has a slightly glossier appearance, which I thought might mean they were slightly less grippy and more deceptive, but this does not appear to be the case.

They seem to have a very slightly lower throw than Spectol Blue, I found them very good for blocking and hitting, potentially even better than the Spectol, but a little worse for pushing and chopping, but there is not a great deal in it.

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2020 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

I tried this out in 1.8mm today.
It has a lot in common with TSP Spectol Blue. 
Despite TSP listing Spectol Blue at 43±3° Japanese sponge hardness and Nittaku listing this at 32.5°, I measured them at 43 and 44° Shore O respectively, so I think the TSP listing is an error.
The Nittaku feels very slightly harder in use, possibly the top sheet is also slightly harder.

The speed is very similar, possibly a fraction faster.

The top sheet has a slightly glossier appearance, which I thought might mean they were slightly less grippy and more deceptive, but this does not appear to be the case.

They seem to have a very slightly lower throw than Spectol Blue, I found them very good for blocking and hitting, potentially even better than the Spectol, but a little worse for pushing and chopping, but there is not a great deal in it.

What about the control? Its easy to open with a loop? .because it took me sometime to use blue
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2020 at 1:25am

What about the control? Its easy to open with a loop? .because it took me sometime to use blue

About the same in this respect. I was expecting it to be slightly more difficult, due to the appearance of the top sheet, but it is very similar. 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2020 at 3:50am

About the same in this respect. I was expecting it to be slightly more difficult, due to the appearance of the top sheet, but it is very similar. 

Blue doesnt make the ball sink when you block. The same happens to sonic ? 
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2020 at 6:36am

Yes, very similar in that respect. 
The main difference seems to be a slightly harder topsheet, which seems to give a fraction faster, slightly lower trajectory shot when hitting, but also makes it slightly harder to control short pushes and touch shots.

I am going to try it a few more times, it may break in a little. As it stands I have a slight preference for the Spectol Blue.

Edited by Sedis - 09/08/2020 at 6:36am
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2020 at 10:53am

Yes, very similar in that respect. 
The main difference seems to be a slightly harder topsheet, which seems to give a fraction faster, slightly lower trajectory shot when hitting, but also makes it slightly harder to control short pushes and touch shots.

I am going to try it a few more times, it may break in a little. As it stands I have a slight preference for the Spectol Blue.

its interesting that there s more space between pips that oher pips maybe more than  spectol, I hope the sponge is not so brittle as beautry, I like this pip but wasnt very long lasting since sponge was tearing apart everytime I removed the glue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic