Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 19 Topsheet?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 19 Topsheet?
    Posted: 02/19/2021 at 6:27pm
Hi All,

Does anyone know what kind of topsheet the new Tenergy 19 uses? 

They say it's got a different pimple structure with thinner and more densely packed pimples, what about the rubber material though? Same as the previous Tenergies or updated for the plastic ball and more similar to the Dignics 05?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

merlin el mago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin el mago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2021 at 10:06am
I read somewhere something between TGY 05 & 80
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2021 at 10:28am
T05 and T80 only differ in the pimple structure, not in the material used.
Sergio chandra View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sergio chandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2021 at 11:07am
According to me, the ingredients used are the same as T05 and you are right that the pimples are not as wide as T05. 

The advantage of Tenergy 19 is in the aggressive close to table game, the farther you are from the table the weaker you are. It's great for new poly balls as the structure will give you more power to the ball when using less force, recommended for  anyone use it on the backhand with aggressive play like flick, topspin and block placement. Thank you for all
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2021 at 8:03pm
Well with the thinner pimples surely the ball will sink more into the sponge resulting in more surface contact with the ball increasing the grip. But why didn't they just use a grippier topsheet like the one Dignics 05 has?

Edited by Rollko - 02/26/2021 at 8:03pm
Creek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2021 at 8:48pm
i guess there are pretty much people waiting for a Dignics FX or Dignics topsheet with Tenergy sponge... but let’s see what we get with t19 first ;)
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2021 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Sergio chandra Sergio chandra wrote:

According to me, the ingredients used are the same as T05 and you are right that the pimples are not as wide as T05. 

The advantage of Tenergy 19 is in the aggressive close to table game, the farther you are from the table the weaker you are. It's great for new poly balls as the structure will give you more power to the ball when using less force, recommended for  anyone use it on the backhand with aggressive play like flick, topspin and block placement. Thank you for all

I play close to table and liked T25 (except for cost).  How does T19 compare to T25.

Mark
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2021 at 3:29am
i order couple ,should be arrive next week
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2021 at 8:06am
Hi,

people waiting for a Dignics FX

This introduces an interesting topic.  [Although we never know what the future shall bring] The history of FX is long and storied with the top Butterfly rubbers.  My sense of the topsheet and sponge evolution is that the FX era stops with Dignics.  

The nature of the prevailing trend is away from the FX theme.  Moreover, the theme's replacement is that demonstrated with Dignics 09C, with its distinct sponge that is represented in its own space, not merely an altered version of an existing sponge in both function and appellation.

Another tangential trend that appears to be emerging is also demonstrated by Dignics 09C.  Whereas FX softened the sponge, providing an option for those that found the initial offering too hard, Dignics 09C is a harder version of the original.  The explication of this reversal as provided by astute students of this subject is centered on the consequences of the plastic ball.

Thanks. 

Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Rinforzando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2021 at 8:28am
Well if you find D05 too hard, just play with t05 LOL
Blade: Nblades power plant 1 ply Hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2
Creek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2021 at 4:20pm
While the pimple geometry of Dignics 05 and Tenergy 05 is the same, the used material changed a lot. Dignics is much grippier, more durable and less sensitive to humidity. 
That’s why I said and I think that would apply to pretty much people, that Dignics topsheet with softer sponge like Tenergy (normal, not FX...) would be a perfect match. 
And no... just using Tenergy instead is no option due to the described things...
RDinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2021 at 11:05am
First session w/ T19 and underwelmed.. had the black sheet on an Innerforce ZLC and the red on a TB ZLC. The black one felt faster but maybe b/c the other side was 09C vs. DNA on the TB ZLC - Innerforce is heavier? I'll break out my scale tonight.
Solid counter and blocking from the BH but not really dynamic. Very controlled on the forehand but no finishing power like T05 / D05 / MXP 50 or my 09C.
ZLC/ULC Custom, Nitt.H3 Pro /MX-S
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by RDinTN RDinTN wrote:

First session w/ T19 and underwelmed.. had the black sheet on an Innerforce ZLC and the red on a TB ZLC. The black one felt faster but maybe b/c the other side was 09C vs. DNA on the TB ZLC - Innerforce is heavier? I'll break out my scale tonight.
Solid counter and blocking from the BH but not really dynamic. Very controlled on the forehand but no finishing power like T05 / D05 / MXP 50 or my 09C.

Good reporting.  As it is clear that Dignics is designed to be superseding, these findings on a Tenergy product are anticipated if the comparer is sufficiently conversant with Dignics.

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Creek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2021 at 3:22pm
What about spin and arc compared to d05 and t05?
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2021 at 3:23pm
I just watched Kirill Gerasimenko's interview... he plays in Bundesliga and is a number one player in his country (Kazahstan). He just switched to Tenergy 19 on his forehand while still playing T05 on his BH. According to him Tenergy 19 has a Dignics topsheet (or similar) while the sponge is still the normal tenergy sponge. He claims he gets 30% more spin with it compared to his old T05. He did say balls land a tad shorter so he kept T05 on the BH for control.   He is likely wrong on the Diginics topsheet part but just wanted to reply to contradict reports that this is a subpar rubber. Pros use it, and they like it.

Edited by notfound123 - 03/02/2021 at 3:24pm
Creek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2021 at 4:05pm
shorter with 05 or 19?
RDinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2021 at 5:31pm
Creek -Arc seems much more like T64 - which I used on my BH for years. 

T19 seemed better today while doing a short robot test session. Maybe it needs a break in period?? It had a good feel if I REALLY went hard into the ball. Will do more "live" practice tonight and I'll be sure to weigh both rackets.

Notfound123 - How T19 plays for us mere mortals (who aren't sponsored by anyone but our own wallet) should be the perspective we need to keep for what T19 can do vs. our level of opponents. 2600+ guys see a whole different world of incoming pace and spin. I could see where T19 would be comfortable to use vs. that level of quality.

Reflecting on my most recent play vs. 2 - 2550 plus guys, T19 would not have helped my poor judging of spin and lack of timing against the high quality of their ball. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2021 at 12:08am
Originally posted by RDinTN RDinTN wrote:

Reflecting on my most recent play vs. 2 - 2550 plus guys

Sorry, what's your rating again?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2021 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Creek Creek wrote:

shorter with 05 or 19?

He says T05 is bouncier... and T19 on BH would always land several inches short. Obviously T19 on FH is another story as you can use your whole body to loop.

Again, i am basically paraphrasing what he said during his interview while preparing for the Doha games. 
RDinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2021 at 12:10pm
Current or best ever? Lol, I've been lucky to be friends with and train with some really high level guys at various points in my life. Lost to Dr. De Tran from NY 9,8,5,9 at my very best level, which was really a peak situation and 100% not sustainable.

Right now I'm still in "recovery" from hip replacement, so certain skills are okay (serve /return) but larger movement has been a harder recovery - mentally. Being 52 isn't a big help either.. 4 weeks before the surgery beat a 2100+ guy 3-0 in a Chicago area event. He was expecting to kill me with his service game but it worked against him, as I didn't have to move a lot and worked "magic" on his serves. 

@2-2550 guys, they were top seed in a recent Giant RR, so they were forced to play me... I just wanted some matches!
RDinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2021 at 12:40pm
The ZLC w/ DNA and T19 = 187 Grams - Innerforce ZLC w/ D09C & T19 = 186, so there goes that theory! It maybe be that ZLC rebounds the balls off the T19 too quick and the full dynamics of the rubber don't shine through?

Did a LOT of BH opening off medium and long underspin last night and was very satisfied with the spin and speed. SUPER constistant but again just was not excited about how it plays. Likely I will keep it on the Innerforce and see what happens when I play some matches tomorrow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic